Week 6 and really struggling - help needed

Chelsea Lou

Gold Member
Hi

I have been really struggling for the best part of a week now. I moved house on Weds 18th and for a week or so before the move I was obviously busy packing/stressing out about the move etc. No problems with staying 100% though.

Since the move however, I have felt tired, cold, stressed and very hungry. I have been almost in tears with wanting to put food into my mouth. I have resisted I hasten to add but what I did two days ago was to have a bar for brekkie, a shake for lunch, shake for dinner and then went crazy and promptly scoffed another two bars!!! My cats haven't settled in the new place and are wailing all night to be let out meaning that I am up at stupid o'clock waiting for them to decide to come back in again - (we have moved by a busy main road and they only want to go out when the traffic has calmed) - and consequently because I am awake I am feeling starving, so had a bar at 2am this morning, which means that I will have had 3 shakes and a bar in this 24 hours.

I don't know what to do as I dont want to fail doing CD but just cant seem to get back to that not feeling hungry state and having energy.

Please if anyone has any advice I would be very grateful

xx

Aw..poor you :hug99:

Since the move however, I have felt tired, cold, stressed and very hungry. I have been almost in tears with wanting to put food into my mouth.

This is not good. It's got to be a positive experience or you'll just end up resenting the diet.

Moving house is stressful, and you were probably kept busy and full of adrenaline. And now you have the slump.

I have resisted I hasten to add but what I did two days ago was to have a bar for brekkie, a shake for lunch, shake for dinner and then went crazy and promptly scoffed another two bars!!!
Okay...firstly, that's not going crazy. Going crazy includes much more. I define that more as taking care of your immediate needs.

Now...you need to find another way of taking care of yourself, and in can legally include food if you want.

Rather than try to do what feels impossible, why don't you accept that you can be perfect with a higher plan, just while you're feeling sapped. Get some things from the SS+ or 810 and plan a time you will eat it. That way, you can still be 'perfect' and look after your needs at the same time.

Similar weight loss, no going off plan, looking after yourself.

We can get into this mindset of all or nothing, but we all need to learn how to be flexible at times, and if you can find a way to do this and still stay on the plan, then you are on to a winner.

If you really, really don't want to step away from SS for a moment, then find other ways of looking after yourself. Split your bar or shake, so you have something for those times. Wrap up warmly...grab the duvet and watch a film. Candles...baths...lots of self care.

consequently because I am awake I am feeling starving, so had a bar at 2am this morning, which means that I will have had 3 shakes and a bar in this 24 hours.
SS+ = cool ;)

As for the cats. I trained ours to come in on a whistle. She was better at in that the dog :D A new project for you :D

KD you are so motivational. I have been beating myself up for having those two extra bars and the one this morning. I know it could have been far worse but of course, now I am out of ketosis and feeling bad about that. I was doing so well and feel disappointed that this has happened. I really really want to succeed at this and just wish I could turn off my brain so I could get rid of these negative thoughts for a while.

Thanks again for replying so nicely :)

Hi Chelsea Lou :hug99:sorry to hear you're having a bad day xx
I don't know if this will help but this is how i plan out my days...

7am 1/2 vanilla shake mixed with hot black tea

10am 1/2 bar

12pm 1/2 shake or tea mixed with shake

2pm 1/2 shake

7pm ss+ meal

9pm 1/2 shake and 1/2 bar (at which point i feel very spoilt lol)

Why don't you try ss+ for a week, it might not affect your weight loss, and it will be good to start having some food, and you can always go back to ss when you are feeling better. Theres no rush, i had a meal on mothers day which was low carb ish, and i stayed the same last week, but this week i'm right back on it and i know i've lost weight already and its TOTM, sometimes we need a break and better to do it sticking to plan than having a blow out xx
Like KD said you don't want to end up resenting the diet. Take care hun xxxxxxxx

You're welcome Chelsea.

now I am out of ketosis and feeling bad about that.

Are you sure you are out of ketosis? And if so, what does that mean to you?

Being out of ketosis because of extra bars is in my experience different to being out of ketosis due to eating food-you'll be back in ketosis much quicker.In any case, I slip out of ketosis for about 30 mins after I have a soup or shake-and then slip right back in.I would second the idea of doing ss+ for a few weeks while you adjust to the new house...and get a cat flap :D

It means, to me, that I wont be burning fat, that I will feel hungry and that I have failed :-(

Sending you a big hug.

I wouldn't be able to top KD's advice so I won't give you any...however a couple of times during my CD journey I was in a bad place emotionally and had a "bar binge" (3 in 1/2 hour!!)

Look what happened to me :(.....I carried on and got to goal anyway :D

Good luck and try not to be so hard on yourself xxx

It means, to me, that I wont be burning fat, that I will feel hungry and that I have failed :-(

Ah...just as I thought.

You are still burning fat :clap:

Are you feeling hungry?

Failed? Ack...not at all. You've adapted slightly for a moment. How is that failure? You're still losing weight..you will continue to lose weight. You've been remarkably strong to only add just a little extra. Be very proud of yourself :)

I think one of the worst diet destroyers come from thoughts that we have failed in some way. The worst thing that you've done is had a tiny little pause while you were climbing the mountain. That mountain was suddenly very rocky and hard to walk on, so you stopped for a mo and took a breather.

So what happens now? Your decision from now on will decide whether you will be successful at losing weight.

You have options. You always have options.

a) Do SS (try that very rocky mountain road) and hope you can do it
b) Do SS+ or 810 (a slightly smoother way) for a few days and review when you are feeling stronger
c) Walk right back down that mountain again.

i'm hoping you'll go with a or b ;)

Whatever you do though...no beating ups allowed. Absolutely bannable offence ;)

Last edited:
Sending you a big hug.

I wouldn't be able to top KD's advice so I won't give you any...however a couple of times during my CD journey I was in a bad place emotionally and had a "bar binge" (3 in 1/2 hour!!)

Look what happened to me :(.....I carried on and got to goal anyway :D

Good luck and try not to be so hard on yourself xxx
Thanks for that. That makes me feel better. 3 bars in half an hour lol lol. It takes twenty minutes to chew the things hahaha. I feel better now knowing that all is not lost and that I wont have done too much damage.

Ah...just as I thought.

You are still burning fat :clap:

Are you feeling hungry?

Failed? Ack...not at all. You've adapted slightly for a moment. How is that failure? You're still losing weight..you will continue to lose weight. You've been remarkably strong to only add just a little extra. Be very proud of yourself :)

I think one of the worst diet destroyers come from thoughts that we have failed in some way. The worst thing that you've done is had a tiny little pause while you were climbing the mountain. That mountain was suddenly very rocky and hard to walk on, so you stopped for a mo and took a breather.

So what happens now? Your decision from now on will decide whether you will be successful at losing weight.

You have options. You always have options.

a) Do SS (try that very rocky mountain road) and hope you can do it
b) Do SS+ or 810 (a slightly smoother way) for a few days and review when you are feeling stronger
c) Walk right back down that mountain again.

i'm hoping you'll go with a or b ;)

Whatever you do though...no beating ups allowed. Absolutely bannable offence ;)
KD, I wish I could have you sitting right next to me all day. This would be a breeze :) I definitely wont be walking down that mountain. I will get through today with my three shakes, so it would have been just the 2am bar that was extra!!!

I will get there, and I wont forget all the advice, support and friendship that I have encountered on this forum. You are all amazing.

Lorrayne - you are doing really well, don't forget you're past the halfway mark now en route to your target!! :D Don't they say moving house is the most stressful thing you can do apart from getting married? ;) Chin up and onwards and upwards :).

I know what you mean about being cold. I feel the cold much more these days and glugging all that cold water does not help. Have you tried Redbush tea? I love the stuff and intersperse all my drinks of water with plenty cups of tea. Followed by countless loo visits ;).

Keep at it girl, you're doing fantastic and you will get there :D.

Soon2bslimmer x

Lorrayne - you are doing really well, don't forget you're past the halfway mark now en route to your target!! :D Don't they say moving house is the most stressful thing you can do apart from getting married? ;) Chin up and onwards and upwards :).

I know what you mean about being cold. I feel the cold much more these days and glugging all that cold water does not help. Have you tried Redbush tea? I love the stuff and intersperse all my drinks of water with plenty cups of tea. Followed by countless loo visits ;).

Keep at it girl, you're doing fantastic and you will get there :D.

Soon2bslimmer x
Thanks hon, I must admit, I really miss my cuppa. Can't drink it black unfortunately, so until I can have skimmed milk, I have to limit my hot drinks to one or two black coffees. Daren't have any more than that, otherwise sleep problem will be even worse!!!!

Why don't you do the ss+ with milk version? That way you can always satisfy yourself with a nice cuppa :) Losses are very similar to ss :)

Back