Weekend advice please...

HellieCopter

Gold Member
We are off down to London this weekend for a friend's 30th birthday! Yay! I am really looking forward to it.
We're spending Saturday night in a fab restaurant and bar...
Dollar
Now, ignoring all the amazing cocktails, which I will of course be synning. What food should I have? I'm thinking a red day then I could have steak and salad or steamed veg...

Also...on Friday night I'll be having a Thai takeaway, arranged by my OH and his friends. Now, I've no idea what would be best on a thai menu. I love the curries, but they're all coconut aren't they...megasyns I'd imagine...

Any ideas?

All sounds great- steak looks good, but who is paying?
Lobster and oysters are free!!!! You could do EE and have the fish and roast sweet potatoes. Melon and mozerella salad to start and count mozerrella as HEX A?

As for thai- hope this helps (from website)..........
Healthier menu items include fish and meat that are described as steamed or grilled. These include Hor neung mok pla (hot & sour steamed fish) this tastes and looks pretty impressive – packaged in a banana leaf! Pat gaprao gai (minced chicken with chillies and lime leaves) is another of the healthier Original options. Although it’s a stir-fry dish, it’s made up of Free basic ingredients and there’s no creamy sauce. For a Green choice, pad thai jay is a veggie version of the classic stir fried noodle dish (although the Syns in the oil will need to be taken into account). Khao Suey (Thai fragrant rice) is delicately flavoured steamed rice and gorgeous for a Green day.

Or there are flexible syns????

Whatever you decide- have a GREAT weekend, babe!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ha, don't mention flexible syns!!! I don't want to go there if I can avoid it. Flexible to me means disaster, really it does!

Hmm I'm not sure about EE, I haven't ever done it before so wouldn't really be sure what I was doing. It wouldn't feel right and I'd worry I'd be in danger of eating all the wrong things mixed with other wrong things! I was thinking about the melon and mozarella as a starter though...

I didn't think to look on the sw website, didn't think it'd have Thai for some reason. Thanks for that. I'll have to see the menu, but I think something noodle-based and not in creamy sauce would be great. I love pad tai, so something similar to that would work!

Thanks - I think I was panicking a bit! I'm so excited about the weekend I'll probably go flexi in the end anyway! I'd be gutted if I gained though...

Maybe use this as an opportunity to try EE? It is MUCH more flexible when eating out. I have done it every day since it started and LOVE it. (I would still have the Lobster though- hee hee)

Don't know if the Thai stuff would be on the normal website- I got it off BodyOptimise website as I am a member of that- may have extra info on there?

Anyway- enjoy it
xxxxx

Hmm, I'm still sceptical!!

Go on then, tell me the EE rules. One day can't hurt. Is it just anything free on green or red, one HEa and one HEb? Plus your syns. My consultant doesn't like us doing it as nobody in her classes has lost doing it...not one person!!

Yes- all correct. Just remember when looking up syn values you take whichever is lowest from green or red.

I can't speak for everyone else, but my weight loss has always been fairly steady for the past year and with EE it is exactly the same steady loss.

Even if you only do it on the odd day, like this special occasion, it can't hurt

xxxxx

Thanks! I've been having a read of the SW site as well. I suppose I should be brave and give one day a go. Like you say, can't hurt. It'll be the cocktails that will do a lot more damage, I'm bl00dy sure of it! LOL!

I braved EE this week for the first time.. chicken that I am LOL. in fact I've had 2 EE days and the rest red and I've lost 5 and a half pounds this week!!!

I was scared of EE but it really is .. easy LOL.

The only thing I'd suggest is that don't overpile your plate with the free foods. If you're going out for a meal you could have gammon, jacket potato and salad.. all free. skip the butter or syn it, or ask if they have a light mayo

Not sure about Thai as it's not something I've ever had tbh, but if you do EE again, the meat/fish is free and so is rice as long as it's boiled not egg fried.

Good luck and have a fab weekend!

Back