Weekend Away - Thoughts (epic)...

kazclogs

My thoughts on my weekend away, away from family and kids and CAMBRIDGE (planned break - no sweat).

I have been 100% SS (no cheats, or blips) for five weeks, not hugely long, compared to some of the inspirational folks on here, but well enough for me. Stared at 16"12 and lost 22 pounds in four weeks.

Background: I've always been fit, healthy and 'normal' BMI. I have never dieted before - I put on weight after having many, many nightshifts and far too many excuses :)

Current: find myself 4 stone overweight and happy and disciplined enough to do something about it. I don't find Cambridge difficult. I would rather eat nothing than something.

Today: Having had a nice weekend away, finding myself a couple of glasses of vino down (after all, I'm not starting back til tomorrow) I found myself face first in the loo, fingers down throat, trying to puke away some of the six pounds I've gained in three days)....Now, I reckon this is reaction to having drunk too much vino (of which I'm fond and Cambridge give me no quarter to enjoy) but still scary. I have, without exception, never, ever, made myself sick in the past, ever. I'm just so wanting to get to where I was three days ago and I will do anything to get there (sensibilities excluded, apparently :) I have always had a healthy (all too healthy) relationship with food, what's gone wrong?

Thoughts, please? Or just take my addled ass to bed and get straight back on the shakes at 9am, with no self indulgent carryings on :)

That doesn't sound good. Hope you're ok. Go to bed and sleep it off and start back on track tomorrow. You'll loose those few pounds again in no time you're finding the diet easy to stick to X

OMG dear! Please don't start down that slippery slope! Believe me I've been there! And it's so easy to do! As a teanager I was bulimic. It's now recognized as an illness. It's not a nice one!

Thankfully I'm well over it now, but I do relate to the cheating and feeling a failour to this day. Eg I can't go and eat a 3 course meal I just know what I will do! So I just don't do it

Please don't do it again, just accept your normal and it's normal to have a blip! Accept it and move on to a 100% day tomorrow! Please!

Inbox me if you want to discuss further!

Thanks for your replies, I took myself to bed and have woken up feeling much better.

Having had a wee think about how I was feeling last night, I'm thinking it was the wine (three glasses) that I wanted rid of, food wise I've done okay the last couple of days and don't feel guilty about what I've eaten. The wine felt sour and filling in my stomach and I didn't want it in me anymore.

You are both so right, going to put it behind me, not over analyse (I have a tendancy) & get back on the horse.

As well as using the diet as an opportunity to examine relationship with food, going to have a think about alcohol too.

Thanks again for your kind words and advice, back to lurking for me :)

I agree with others here - please don't even think of the vomiting 'cure'. Before you know where you are it will have taken over your life. Not only that, the brakes will be off when it comes to fighting the urge to binge. You will start to think, ah, but I can just get rid of it....

Vomiting is very dangerous to physical and emotional health. It is a dead end, supremely addictive and ritualistic, and rots your teeth pretty fast. Lack of potassium and other salts - as well as electrolyte balance abnormalities - after vomiting can precipitate a heart attack in an otherwise healthy person. PLEASE rule-out this 'deadly magic'.

Good luck, and take care of yourself.

After 5 weeks on SS it is not surprising you felt awful after 3 glasses of wine! You sound like you've got it in perspective now. 5 weeks seems ages to me!

Hi. I've just had an early Valentine's meal. Was lovely and had half bottle of wine. Then went to a party and had another bottle of red wine. Thought I'd be hammered to be honest but feel fine at the mo. Only time will tell (and the scales) X

Back