Weekly/flexible syns???

LeaV

Hi guys :)
I started slimming world yesterday and was a bit nervous and overwhelmed so forgot to ask about weekly syns.....
The consultant explained to have 5-15 syns a day which is all fine and well but I've been reading on here some people talking about weekly syns or flexible syns?
Does this mean I can save up my syns for the weekend? Or have a bottle of wine and have less syns the next day?
15 syns is a bit right with alcohol may be my downfall

Any advise would be much welcomed! X

I usually try to stick to 105 syns over the week but as much as possible, keep within the 15 syns a day. You'll probably find that you do naturally have less on some days anyway. I tend to always have around 15-25 on a Sunday, then by the following Saturday I'll be within my budget for the week.

I don't think you need to be too rigid. It's worked well for me.

You have to see what works for you, some people can use weekly syns and some people find they don't work for them. Last week I used weekly syns, I had about 40 on Sunday as I went to a Christmas market, I lost 2.5lbs (which for me is a lot, would love it if I lost that again this week) but some people do find using weekly syns slows their losses.

Weekly syns and flexible syns are two different things though, there's a great thread on here explaining flexible syns, but basically they're meant to be used for special occassions, you set your own limit for that day and try and stick to that, then the rest of the week you stick with your 5 - 15 syns. When using flexible syns you don't expect to loose but its about keeping the control

I used to stick to 15 Syns a day but now I'm more of the weekly Syns type, as I've found I don't get even close to 15 some days so I have more the next, etc.
I think, to start with, it's best to stick to daily Syns until you see how it's working out

Aw thanks everyone this has really helped.....I don't want to beat myself up too much if I go over so it's nice to know that weekly syns can work too.

I use 5 a day and use 70 flexibly across the week. It's a compromise that works for me & makes sure I always have some syns left for the end of the week. xx

I tend to try and make sure I have some syns everyday as otherwise it can affect your loss. If I am going out at the weekend and drinking, I'll try and stick to 5 syns during the week and then flexi syn at the weekend (If youre confused by flexisynning there are threads on here) x

Back