Weekly weigh-in thread

Just been having a look at my losses since the move over to Atkins.. I was 197.4lbs when i moved over and i'm now 192.6lbs so i make that a 4.8lbs loss in 16 days. So approx 2.1lbs a week. Happy with that!

I lost a steady 2lbs a week for years Claire, suited me I really believe slow loss is maintainable loss.

STS only lost 2lbs over 5 weeks - devastated.

Am going back to normal calorie counting and stopping Atkins as it's just not working for me in the same way as others. I lost 12lbs on doing this before I gave Atkins ago and 2lbs is just not on.

Massive thanks for Jim and all of your lovely 'Angels' for support along the way - you really are fantastic xx

Still smile when I think back to my 'oopsie roll disaster'

Love you all and keep up the good work - Don't be surprised if I'm back in a few weeks!!!!

Barbapapa ;-)

ah shame, OK Barba, good luck love.

Good luck, Barba. I fully understand and think your move is the right 1.
Sukie (waves) Was just like you and has now moved to LL and has lost 18 pounds in 4 weeks. Happy days. Not saying you should move to LL, far from it but saying Atkins way of eating isnt for every1, Im afraid..

So, what have you in mind to do now? Keep us all posted, pet.

Woofy X

1lb loss in week 2, after 5lb off in week 1.... I know a loss is a loss and I don't have much to lose, but for the restricted diet on Atkins I was hoping for better :(. Most of week 1 must have been water! Partner actually gained a pound in week 2 :cry:

So like barbapapa I think it's time up for this particular diet.

That said I think I've learned from Atkins and when I go back to calorie counting I'll seriously reduce my carbs! Also love the people on these threads so will stick around for low carb tips if that's ok!:)

It's day 3 of Atkins for me (not very religiously though, still trying to get into the foods, carb counting and vege options) day 1 on combining it with Vege low carbing (I'm a vegetarian).

Was very brave this morning and weighed, 162.5 lbs! Does everyone have their own individual weigh in days?

Bren
X

Morning lovely`s

Hooya, good luck babes. Keep coming back to let us know how ur getting on....

Morning, BREN. Hows day 4 going, hun? When this thread was started there was only a hand full of "Jims Angels" and we came up with friday as the weigh -in even though we all had different days. I dont think it matters what day you weigh or post, babes its just good to see so many here now and that do.
Have a good day 4!

Its raining here, who has the sun today?

Have a top weekend, All

Woofy X

Hello! It’s grey and boring here in South London.

Good luck Hooya and keep coming back!

I think your 6 lb loss in two weeks is actually pretty impressive, so I wouldn't be disheartened – especially as you are so near goal now. Your stats are very similar to mine although I had more to lose. I wouldn’t try and lose any more than 1-2 lbs a week now, to give your body time to adjust.

Thanks Jim, I am so pleased with such a quick weight loss, hope I can keep it up. The induction flue seems to have gone too. Had an 'MOT' at my doc's, my BP is 115/70 & Cholesterol is 4.8! Not bad for an overweight wrinkly.. :)
Have a good weekend everyone.

Hi,
Its the end of my first week on Atkins and i have lost 7lb....I'm really happy with that.
Having read the other comments on here, i am just hoping it continues to work for me. I too would not be happy to lose only 1 lb in a week as i agree it is so restrictive and after all that effort you expect to be rewarded.
People do say that the first week is mainly water loss, but i have found my clothes are much looser and family have commented that they can see i have lost weight...so can water loss make such a difference all over the body? I certainly call tell i have lost half a stone.

Hello! It’s grey and boring here in South London.

Good luck Hooya and keep coming back!

I think your 6 lb loss in two weeks is actually pretty impressive, so I wouldn't be disheartened – especially as you are so near goal now. Your stats are very similar to mine although I had more to lose. I wouldn’t try and lose any more than 1-2 lbs a week now, to give your body time to adjust.

Thanks - am taking the weekend to decide what diet to go for... I think the problem is my body's pretty happy at this weight, it doesn't seem to understand that I want to be a size 8/10, not a 10/12 :rolleyes:. 1-2lbs a week is probably right, I'm just being impatient!

I'm in South London too, 'tis indeed grey!

Laineyx, that's a fabulous result! I am up to day 4 but the first 2 days were around the 24g of net carbs and yesterday I think I got to 20g. I only hope that at the end of the week I can loose about 1 - 2 kilos and I'll be happy.

Woof Friday works great for me a this is really day 2 of being on the vege low carb/atkins version (using two books)..... although today I had lunch out and was limited to potato or pasta. Unfortunately ate pasta and will be having a carb free dinner to compensate and I'm guzzling the water (this has been my only meal too, we skipped breakfast and went on a road trip).

So Friday is WI for me too. I hope to report great news on Friday which I could wait until Sat morning my time and that will still be Friday over there!.

XX

Sorry to hear about those leaving the diet, I personally don't see the diet as restrictive, in fact quite the opposite, this diet sets me free compared to all those other diets out there, but then that is easy to say when it is working for you I guess. Good luck with what you do next guys and make sure you post on the Atkins forum now and again :D, anyway on to the good news 2 lbs for me this week. Well done Laineyx thats really nice going !! And Wrinkley too, being so close to your ideal weight, that is awesome.

Yes Bren, I weigh myself too much but I only add Mondays weigh-in to my notes.

Last edited:
I don't see the diet as restrictive either to be honest. And you also need to think that after a first weeks initial big loss, the next week will be less. I lost a steady 2lbs a week most weeks and that suited me fine. Slow loss is maintainable loss in my eyes. I do agree however that Atkins is not for everybody. :)

Keep in touch Hoya. :)

Well done lainey!!

OOOPs missed your post mate, well done on that 2lbs.

Hiya everyone, I'm finally back after being internet-less for the last week! Week three STS, hoping for a loss for my next weigh in (weds) but to be honest I think I'm eating too many calories. I've not cheated but really want to eat so have been picking lots. Hmmmm.

Hope everyone's getting on better this week. I read that some of you guys have been having a tough time, so I hope things are improving for you - stay strong people! xx

Hi Bessie, yes snacking can be a diet killer love.

STS this week. :(

I haven't been doing anything different this week, i have been skipping lunch, only because i haven't been hungry. Could that cause problems?

Back