Weigh in and i feel amazing!!!!

donnac76

Hi all
sorry i have been very slack in updating after a manic couple of weeks so here goes

Last week i had a terrible weigh in,had been 100% all week and lost absolutely nothing!!! i cant tell you how angry i was lol,my nurse couldnt understand it as my ketones are so high they are off the scale so she put it down to fluid retention and begged me near enough to give it another week,luckily i listened to her and I ignored my head telling me to go and eat all in sight as seemed no point to be good then lose nothing lol,well after an evening spent in and out the loo literally every 5 minutes by Saturday morning i was 8lb down!!! yes 8lb!! i had literally been so good with my water my body went mad and held on to the lot,out of interest does anyone else find if they drink too much they suffer with retention?
i had a good mind to go back in on the Monday and show her the difference but glad i didnt as on Monday morning it started again,my scales went up and up til by mon night i was back up the 8lb,gutted was not the word,i have since cut back on my water and upped my coffee intake a little as i was only having 1 a day due to really not being a fan of black coffee and bingo,it started coming off so when i went for my weigh in yesterday again i was confident of having a pretty good week.
When i got in to be weighed i was in for an even bigger shock mind,i managed an impressive 13lb this week :D
i think i have found my happy medium now,i am sailing through on the shakes and i am actually going to adjust my goal as i now feel i can keep it going for at least another month,i am feeling fab,people are noticing constantly,never knew how much i loved compliments til now lol
Here's to next weeks weigh in :D

Well done donna, that's an inspiring story!

Thank you both,i really hit a wall a couple of weeks ago where i really felt i couldn't continue but glad to say with help of some amazing friends,my dad and my brill hubby they all kept me going and i feel so glad now,really have found the way to make it work for me yet again and i am feeling great.
Hoping to now continue it until September then move onto Weightwatchers to lose the last few lbs as i feel the weigh in is sometihng i need to stick to as it keeps me motivated.x

Good for you Donna. It's good when you find what works for you.

Keep up the good work, you're doing a fantastic job!

Thanks Bev
I really do feel i have found what's right for me now and the weeks are flying past,know i only have a maximum of 7 weeks now and feel i CAN do it and reach my new lower goal,the support you get really does help,its only the support that got me through the last few weeks honestly.
i will be having a night off in mid august,its our wedding anniversary and we are heading out for a lovely meal but i will be making the right choices to limit any damage then straight back to it the next day,my nurse has agreed i deserve it and more than happy for me to do it,it will also help spur me on to continue for 4 more weeks or so after that
Until then though its best behaviour lol,xx

Well done you, you have really helped keep me going today... Been so tempted to throw in the towel but feeling better now!

My wedding anniversary is also mid August and we were planning to go away for the night... I don't want to cancel as with 2 small kids a night to ourselves is just too tempting but don't know whether to have a day off and just try to eat very low carb or to refeed the week before.
I don't feel I have been on it long enough to refeed but I know I can't not eat... Romantic dinners for 2 don't generally involve a glass of water and a strawberry shake!

If I'm a right picky mare in the restaurant and demand 'no sauce' 'no carrot in the salad' etc etc then will I do too much damage?

Well done again for getting through your tricky week!!!

Well done you, you have really helped keep me going today... Been so tempted to throw in the towel but feeling better now!

My wedding anniversary is also mid August and we were planning to go away for the night... I don't want to cancel as with 2 small kids a night to ourselves is just too tempting but don't know whether to have a day off and just try to eat very low carb or to refeed the week before.
I don't feel I have been on it long enough to refeed but I know I can't not eat... Romantic dinners for 2 don't generally involve a glass of water and a strawberry shake!

If I'm a right picky mare in the restaurant and demand 'no sauce' 'no carrot in the salad' etc etc then will I do too much damage?

Well done again for getting through your tricky week!!!

Thank you so much,i am thrilled to hear i have spurred you on,i have had some low points where i have been more than ready to say no more,i cant do it but i have made it through and am still going strong,congratulations on your anniversary when it comes around,i intend to go for fish and plenty of veg etc but i will be having dessert too lol,i feel i deserve it after slogging it out for what will be 10 weeks ish by then,only a short time compared with some on here but its hard work some days as you well know,i take my hat off to those who do 10 months + !!
I see it that one night off wont kill me,i am gong to stay away from carbs and will be straight back to shakes and water from the following day.
I know what you mean about its a rare thing to have quality time with children,we rarely go out and obviously haven't been really since i started this so enjoy your night away and just get right back to it when you return.Best of luck with your weight loss,just remember you can do it and pop on here if you feel temptation creeping in lol, some people really are inspirational.x

Back