Weigh in blues...

Sappho

Had my WI last night and lost 3lbs, same as last week. I know, I know its ok but I seemed to lose it more quickly on Cambridge and I am a little disappointed. I wondered if my water has anything to do with it cos I tend to have a lot in the morning (breakfast time) and a lot in the evening but not so much during the day (too busy usually) - does it make a difference as long as you drink 4 litres. Also, I must confess that though I do try I dont eat 4 packs everyday - perhaps just every other day. Sometimes I only have 3. I just wondered if these could be factors in it being less than expected or are my expectations just too high? I must admit, it is half in my mind to swop to CD again but then I would miss out on the councilling.

Your thoughts please x x x x

Sappo, I cant answer all you questions, but I would be happy with 3lbs. May I ask why you switched from CD to LL.

Perhaps you should try to have every pack to see if that does make a differences, otherwise you are not getting all the nutrients that are needed as this is a very drastic diet.

I personally dont think the water makes a lot of difference as long as you have the 4 litres but someone else may have a different opinion.

Just think 3lbs of orrible fat gone in the bin. - How goods that.:)

I think it's probably likely that you might not be losing as much as you'd like because you aren't having all four packs each day. I think if you have fewer, not only do you not get your required nutrients, but your body might go into starvation mode and hang on to each bit of fat and water that it can. Eeek!

But saying that, 3lbs? Whooooo!

I too have had the same issue, I have lost 2.6 & 2.4 lbs in the last two weeks which I was a little disappointed at. I have also done Cambridge but I do believe the group session is the key for my success. I have made sure of 4 packs a day & 4 litres this week so hopefully might make some differene. I weigh in Thursdays so will let you know.

If you do not eat all of your packs then you will not get the nutrients or calories that your body needs to function properly. You will go into starvation mode and loose less weight than you would otherwise. Cutting out packs will make your weightloss journey take longer,not speed it up.

I also think you are over -reacting if you think that 3lbs is not a good weight loss. On VLCD you are expected to loose about 1 stone per month. This is only just over 3lbs per week.

Yes yes ys!! Eating only 3 packs every other day could certainly be having a negative effect, in more ways then one. It is essential you have all 4 packs, for nutrition, first and foremost. Secondly, as you are already on such a LOW calorie intake, even lower then that and your body believes it is going to starve, therefore, it stopes losing weight and hangs on to what it has for a reserve.....you must have all 4 packs day!!! Very important!!!

And don't be down - 3 lbs a week is brilliant and all you need to hit a stone a month. Chin up - you are going to to get there...but please eat all 4 packs. :)

Also, water should be spread out throughout the day - the image they suggest is that of a water wheel - steady drinking keeps the water wheel moving, and thats what you want - an even amount of water being processed through your system.
xx

Meant to say, well done on your weight loss so far! You're doing great, and as long as you keep to the four packs and four litres, it'll come off before you know it!

(Is CD only three packs a day? Seem to remember seeing this somewhere - but they must mave a higher calorie/nutrient content to make up for this, maybe.)

I love LL for the counselling - there's no way I could do this without the support of my LLC and the other ladies in the group.

If you do not eat all of your packs then you will not get the nutrients or calories that your body needs to function properly. You will go into starvation mode and loose less weight than you would otherwise. Cutting out packs will make your weightloss journey take longer,not speed it up.

I also think you are over -reacting if you think that 3lbs is not a good weight loss. On VLCD you are expected to loose about 1 stone per month. This is only just over 3lbs per week.

Sorry if I sound ungrateful, I know 3lbs is good its just that on CD I lost more so I had higher expectations. I know perhaps I should lower them a bit and be proud of what I have acheived.

I really do know I should have 4 packs a day its just sometimes I cant stomach all the liquid and I am not that keen on the bars. I will try I promise :angeldevil:

I think I need to plan a routine regarding water, I am often thirsty but dont give myself time to stop and drink.

I do need the councilling on LL which is why I chose it over CD but I think maybe once I do the 100 days I might switch over. Then I am a little concerned about management so not sure.......

Sorry for being such a whinger today!

I too have had the same issue, I have lost 2.6 & 2.4 lbs in the last two weeks which I was a little disappointed at. I have also done Cambridge but I do believe the group session is the key for my success. I have made sure of 4 packs a day & 4 litres this week so hopefully might make some differene. I weigh in Thursdays so will let you know.

Will be interesting to see if it makes a difference, I think it prob will.:)

You whinge to your heart's content Sappho! If you can't moan to us, then who can you moan to? Some days we all need a good foot stamping heel kicking tantrum. You've had a fab weight loss so far and you're doing great. Follow everyone's advice (I have no more to impart) and hopefully you'll soon have one of those amazing weeks when you drop 7lb. I love them!
Linze

Back