Extra Easy Weigh In day 'black hole'

Am hoping so Simon. Fed up of the binging cycle now so really do need to make some positive changes

Try using some non food treats for congratulating yourself,like going for a massage or having a nice candle lit bubble bath with soft music? If you have to ...... have a low cal options hot choc and a curly wurley in bed with the electric blanket on all snug and warm :)

as for only eating fruit before weigh in .... Fruit is heavy, you,d be better off having beans on toast and egg at lunch time, thus avoiding sugar spikes that will sabotage your evening. :)

Try using some non food treats for congratulating yourself,like going for a massage or having a nice candle lit bubble bath with soft music? If you have to ...... have a low cal options hot choc and a curly wurley in bed with the electric blanket on all snug and warm :)

as for only eating fruit before weigh in .... Fruit is heavy, you,d be better off having beans on toast and egg at lunch time, thus avoiding sugar spikes that will sabotage your evening. :)

I used to treat myself with something little like a bath/new top every time I reached a half stone milestone when I first started SW but that seems to have gone by the wayside - hmmm time to start again I think.

As for fruit, I'd never thought of it in terms of sugar spikes before but if makes sense if you think about it!

I WI on a Thursday and for the last few weeks, on a Thursday evening after WI I eat whatever I fancy even though I know I shouldn't.

My consultant calls it the 'black hole' after WI

I really need to do something about it as otherwise it's going to start affecting my losses - does anyone have any tips on how to avoid it?

Thanks in advance xx

Find something to do afterwards - gym, other exercise class, book a manicure etc just something that you can do after class so that by the time you get home the urge to scoff has gone!

Am hoping so Simon. Fed up of the binging cycle now so really do need to make some positive changes

Confession time for me here lol well not so much confession as I do have a diary on here. But from the start of slimming world I would have a take away wi my boyfriend on a Saturday, and cos I was having a take away and only loosely counting the syns for it sometimes it would lead me to binge! It was like a feeling of cos I'd list control with the take away anyway, it wouldn't matter if I ate some chocolates. The thing is though I was still losing every week so felt guilty lol

so I wanted to follow plan properly so now don't have take aways I make something tasty for a Saturday night instead, sometimes chow mein, sometimes curry, even made some kebabs one week. Then have a Krispy Kreme doughnut that's counted within my weekly syn allowance.. I'm still staying in control and I don't binge anymore. I feel more comfortable in the plan than before.

So far I've managed to lose almost every week as well but am getting close to target now and know the losses will be affected if I don't get it under control.

I also fear what will happen once I've reached target - if I continue my binge/restrict cycle I'm likely to do it once at target as well and will end up putting all the weight I have lost back on.

Argh, I wish this slimming malarky was easier! Lol

My idea of a binge after weigh in is just staying within my syns using the full 15 instead of the 5-10 I stick to every other day. This way you feel you are having a treat but its controlled. Day of weigh in I eat no carbs until afterwards as carbs and I don't get along!!

Back