Weigh In - Shocking times

Honey-Bee

I haven't stuck to my diet for about 4 months now :( but I honestly didn't think I was doing that bad weight wise. After Christmas I expected to be a stone heavier but when I just got on the scales I'm 2 stone 4 lb heavier :banghead: I was actually shaking when I read the scales with shock and dispair.

I've never felt so ashamed of myself :cry:, so I'm back on the wagon only this time I'm going to fasten the seatbelt so I cannot fall off again so easily and I'm more determined than ever to shift the flab once and for all, wish me luck I'm going to need it :(.

Wishing you luck hun! I think sometimes it the shock you need to make you go for it even more x

Hi Honey bee. Katy is right, A shock is usually whats needed to keep the focus. The memory of this weigh in will stay with you. I know mine is embedded in my memory, 18st 1lb being read out from the hospital scale mortified me. I knew I was close, had been 17 something for ages but 18 stone just seemed SOOOOO much more. That day i was also caught unawares in the background of a photo. My reaction to the weigh in and the photo is what did it for me, horrid as it may be I'm also very thankful for those 2 moments!

You will get there, you have the whole of minimins behind you

CC

Thanks both, I'm sure you're right and the shock of this will be the push I need to get me going at least I hope it is because if not I don't know what will :fear:.
Cat Crazy I know what you mean re photos, I saw some photos of myself from Christmas and was honestly wondering who it was in the background took a minute to realise I was looking at myself! They really were far from the picture in my head I have of myself :(
the rose tinted glasses are well and truly off and I will fingers crossed be posting a decent loss next week.

Come and join the valentines challenge in calorie counting, original poster "the moog" Just add your name to the list and put how much you would like to lose by valentines...extra motivation which really does help

If you havent already discovered it then I would recommend myfitnesspal to log your foods..it makes it soooo easy, a nice community there too but you can just log and not bother with the boards

Hey Hun, all the best with your weight loss journey. Everyone has to start somewhere, and where you are now can just be a moment in time, in a few months that weight gain can be just a distant memory. Just try to believe in yourself and focus on the goal you want to achieve, there is nothing any of can't achieve if we put our minds to it. You're in the best place for support, and the people here make the journey so much easier xxx

Back