Weigh-ins and scales..

MayfairE

Okay, bit of advice please!

I have, up until now, been weighing at the gym I go to, usually weekly, sometimes fortnightly because my own scales were tucked away etc etc. Well, curiosity got the better of me and tonight I dug them out, they've not been used in a very long time so maybe this is why...but jumping on them they either gave me about 6 different weights, ironically when I took my shoes and top off I apparently weighed more, or they errored on me. They're digital and go up to 23st and unless the scales at the gym are totally nutso I do NOT weigh 23stone anymore! (I was weighing in the same garb as I do at the gym so as to therefore get the same kinda baseline).

So, do you think it is best to stick to one single pair of scales, even if it costs me 50p lol, or should I perservere with getting these scales to work? I'd love to trust the lower readings I got, but I don't think that'd be smart, according to these scales I've done everything from lost .1kg to 2kg to putting on 5kg :| Maybe I should have stopped after the first weigh-in which was probably the most accurate, (.1kg down), but well.....since when do I have will-power?!

I guess what I'm just asking is, what would everyone else do? Pop in some fresh batteries and trust what it says or try and hold back and wait until I can weigh at the gym each week/fortnight, or even more crazily - do both?

:D

You need to pick one set of scales and stick to them. Weighing yourself on different sets, as youve seen, proves nothing apart from how inaccurate the scales can be.

In my last house I could move the scales to different parts of the bathroom and get up to a 10lb difference. Now I weigh in once a week at my mums, I put the scales on the same tile every week and thats it.

Youll drive yourself nuts scale hopping. Throw out the ones you have in the house and pay your 50p the way you have been - its money well spent if it keeps you sane ;)

Yeah that's the issues I've had, I can never manage to weigh at the same time of day so I thought making the transition to 'home scales' might be the better option lol.

Oh well! Here's hoping when I get to the gym on Monday that the scales there will reflect at least somewhere close to what the home ones have intimated lmao.

If they do, I'm right on schedule, if they don't...oh well, work harder the rest of the week!

Tyvm for the replies guys!

:D

Back