Weighing a day early

GracieMai

I have to weigh in a day early this week because I cant make the usual class. I'm terrified that because I'm losing a day I wont lose weight. Any advise? I was thinking of just trying to eat really light stuff today in the hope that might help. Is that ridiculous??? x

Im sure even if it does make a difference, if u have stuck to plan, then any loss u would of had will show next week if it doesnt show this week

I usually find it's the opposite! I weighed myself 3 days early last week and had lost 2lbs, when I done my actual weigh in on Monday I had only lost a pound. I need to keep yelling at my bf for weighing himself every day :(

I wouldn't worry about it if you're only weighing early this one time, if nothing shows up for this week then you might get a nice surpise and have lost twice as much as usual next week :)

A couple of times I have been unable to make my usual Tuesday WI due to work, so I have gone to the one in the next town on Wednesday instead. Of course, the following week when I come back to my own I get only 6 days between WI's.

It stands to reason that your loss should be only 6/7 of what it would be over 7 days, so mathematically at least yes it should be less.

BUT!

ask yourself this ... are you dieting to lose weight this week? Or to lose weight over a long period of time?

Does it matter if this week's weight loss is slightly lower than usual?

Weekly weigh ins are great in that they give us an indication of how we are doing, but they are not the be all and end all.

If you follow the plan, you will lose weight :)

A couple of times I have been unable to make my usual Tuesday WI due to work, so I have gone to the one in the next town on Wednesday instead. Of course, the following week when I come back to my own I get only 6 days between WI's.

It stands to reason that your loss should be only 6/7 of what it would be over 7 days, so mathematically at least yes it should be less.

BUT!

ask yourself this ... are you dieting to lose weight this week? Or to lose weight over a long period of time?

Does it matter if this week's weight loss is slightly lower than usual?

Weekly weigh ins are great in that they give us an indication of how we are doing, but they are not the be all and end all.

If you follow the plan, you will lose weight :)

I like this way of thinking, good advice. I vote for monthly weigh ins :D

Just think ... next week will be bigger because its 8 days till WI!

True but I'm very impatient and i get disheartened if I dont lose one week. I know it's wrong but i'm more motivated if I've had a loss, if i gain i sometimes just think whats the point.
Anyhoo you make a good point with 6/7 one day isnt going to make a massive difference.
Funny how slimming can make you a bit paranoid about changing your routine!
Thanks everyone xxxxxx

Back