Weighing in at home

Ela ine

Likes to post, and eat.
Hello everyone
(sorry if this is in the wrong place - wasn't sure where it would go)

I usually WI at classes on Wednesday eves as this is the only class I can make realistically and stay to (80% of the time) but it's a 20 min drive there and then back.. and I end up being really hungry when I get home at half 8 and then usually have whatever I want for dinner and don't count the syns!

So, because of this, and all the wonderful support I have recieved on here :p I was thinking of weighing in at home.

Does anyone else do this? How do you find it? My main concern is that I would be on the scales all the time :rolleyes: ..

I think if I stick to a time/day and report on here.. it will be enough..?
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Is it possible to do SW at home and still lose like in classes? I am willing to pay online.. but tbh I don't really use the website that much, I use this site much more, and the mags etc.

Thoughts, opinions and advice much appreciated!!
Many thanks in advance x

I've done Slimming World twice before this time, both times I went to class but I found if I had a bad week and may have put on then I didn't want to go to class because I would feel embarrassed about gaining and therefore both times I stopped going and started eating badly again.

Now I'm doing it at home and using Minimins...I've lost more weight this time than I ever did at class. I feel a lot less pressure because it's not face to face and can ask for help mid week if I need it plus I'm on the forum daily which helps me stay motivated.

I weighed mid week last week and had a crisis cos I'd gained...it was just TOTM bloat but it taught me to take the batteries out of the scales and only put them in on my weigh in day, which is Sunday.

I think if you use Minimins regularly and really want to succeed then you'll do great weighing in at home. There are lots of weigh in threads so pick a day and join in with that.

Alternatively, you could go to class but have something prepared and frozen for class nights so you can just pop something in the microwave when you get home. I always have a couple of frozen meals in the freezer now just in case I can't be bothered cooking, definitely pays to cook batches and be prepared.

I've done Slimming World twice before this time, both times I went to class but I found if I had a bad week and may have put on then I didn't want to go to class because I would feel embarrassed about gaining and therefore both times I stopped going and started eating badly again.

Now I'm doing it at home and using Minimins...I've lost more weight this time than I ever did at class. I feel a lot less pressure because it's not face to face and can ask for help mid week if I need it plus I'm on the forum daily which helps me stay motivated.

I weighed mid week last week and had a crisis cos I'd gained...it was just TOTM bloat but it taught me to take the batteries out of the scales and only put them in on my weigh in day, which is Sunday.

I think if you use Minimins regularly and really want to succeed then you'll do great weighing in at home. There are lots of weigh in threads so pick a day and join in with that.

Alternatively, you could go to class but have something prepared and frozen for class nights so you can just pop something in the microwave when you get home. I always have a couple of frozen meals in the freezer now just in case I can't be bothered cooking, definitely pays to cook batches and be prepared.

Hi Hun, thanks for your comment.. that's what I have found.. I had a gain two weeks ago, but was so ashamed that firstly I weighed in at a different group.. and then didn't want to go back the next week, which of course led me to have a bad few days before I asked myself 'what are you doing!'

It shouldn't be about how other people react, it's how I feel and judge myself.
When I have a gain, I am only dissappointing myself.. that's why I started a diary on here... I find this forum so motivating and supportive!

If I really want this as much as I think I do.. I can do it without paying £5.

The are lots of people who WI at home, including myself. Do it! With everything, you just need to have some will power to ensure you keep yourself on track.

I rarely go on the website, this forum is more helpful.

Hi ela ine, I do SW from home & weigh in on a Friday morning. There's a great thread on here titled "anyone else weigh in at home on a Thursday". It's full of fab people and although I weigh in Fridays I chose that thread because they welcomed me and it's full of great women who encourage each other and have a bit of a giggle along the way.

I've done SW twice before at classes each time only needing to lose 1.5 stone, this time I need to lose 2.5 but I am really determined to lose the weight and I am doing great doing it from home with the help of my mam and the fabulous people on here and of course it saves £5 per week. X

Hi Ela_ine,

As you know from your new team, all of us on the Sunday weighers thread are doing it alone at home. I really like doing it at home (and I never would have started this if I had to go to group). However, I don't think it's necessarily an easy option. You have to be quite focused and committed and when you're struggling it can be hard. I am a member online and although I don't use the site all that much, I find inputting my weight on a Sunday really useful and is my own motivation at home. I don't rely on it (because I would never ever forget which day I weigh in on) but I really appreciate the fact that it's there and have absolutely no intention of letting my membership lapse. For me, it is money really well spent.

So, I probably haven't answered your question. There is no question that you can do it alone and be successful but it isn't right for everyone (just as class isn't right for everyone either). It is important that if you try it and it doesn't work for you that you don't see it as a failure, it's just not the best method for you. Equally, if it does work for you then it opens up a whole new world for you :)

As you know, the Sunday weighers thread welcomes you whether you weigh in on a Sunday or a Wednesday, at class or at home :). Good luck whatever you decide. We'll be there to support you.

Gail x

Ela ine said:
Hello everyone
(sorry if this is in the wrong place - wasn't sure where it would go)

I usually WI at classes on Wednesday eves as this is the only class I can make realistically and stay to (80% of the time) but it's a 20 min drive there and then back.. and I end up being really hungry when I get home at half 8 and then usually have whatever I want for dinner and don't count the syns!

So, because of this, and all the wonderful support I have recieved on here :p I was thinking of weighing in at home.

Does anyone else do this? How do you find it? My main concern is that I would be on the scales all the time :rolleyes: ..

I think if I stick to a time/day and report on here.. it will be enough..?
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Is it possible to do SW at home and still lose like in classes? I am willing to pay online.. but tbh I don't really use the website that much, I use this site much more, and the mags etc.

Thoughts, opinions and advice much appreciated!!
Many thanks in advance x

Hi ,
I do sw from home and weigh in on a Tuesday at 6pm at my hubby's grandads!! Lol
He only lives round corner from us and his scales are in his wet room , so floor is solid and very even . Plus they weigh in 1/4 lbs so that always spurs me on then little 1/4 lbs make a difference when ur struggling !!
Did have scales at home but was forever on them so decided this was a better option! Hes always sat on sofa when I come out waiting to ask how I've got on too bless him

I am doing sw online as I couldn't get to class. I weigh myself officially on a Sat morning and record online. I weigh myself everyday as it keeps me on track. I am also very impatient so can't wait a week!!!!
People are all different so you just need to find a way that works for you.
Good luck
xx

I too am doing it at home and loving the support, ideas and sharing on this site, especially now I've been logging on for a while and really feel like I'm getting to 'know' everyone better.
I have been to classes but it was difficult around work - although I have threatened myself that if I do not stick to this at home I will have to go back to a class again!!
Good luck whichever option you choose - as long as you are getting to where you want to be I'm not sure it matters!!

I wi at home too, have never attended class nor joined the SW website. I joined the website a couple years ago and felt it was a waste of money to be honest.

You can do it if you are motivated and this website helps a lot with motivation! Good luck whatever you decide to do!

The are lots of people who WI at home, including myself. Do it! With everything, you just need to have some will power to ensure you keep yourself on track.

I rarely go on the website, this forum is more helpful.

Thank youu!! :hug99: I completly agree - this forum is SO helpful!!! I love it :)

Hi ela ine, I do SW from home & weigh in on a Friday morning. There's a great thread on here titled "anyone else weigh in at home on a Thursday". It's full of fab people and although I weigh in Fridays I chose that thread because they welcomed me and it's full of great women who encourage each other and have a bit of a giggle along the way.

I've done SW twice before at classes each time only needing to lose 1.5 stone, this time I need to lose 2.5 but I am really determined to lose the weight and I am doing great doing it from home with the help of my mam and the fabulous people on here and of course it saves £5 per week. X

Firstly - well done on your loss! Thanks for the advice hun, I don't find group that helpful, and like you said if you are determined - you can do it!!

Hi Ela_ine,

As you know from your new team, all of us on the Sunday weighers thread are doing it alone at home. I really like doing it at home (and I never would have started this if I had to go to group). However, I don't think it's necessarily an easy option. You have to be quite focused and committed and when you're struggling it can be hard. I am a member online and although I don't use the site all that much, I find inputting my weight on a Sunday really useful and is my own motivation at home. I don't rely on it (because I would never ever forget which day I weigh in on) but I really appreciate the fact that it's there and have absolutely no intention of letting my membership lapse. For me, it is money really well spent.

So, I probably haven't answered your question. There is no question that you can do it alone and be successful but it isn't right for everyone (just as class isn't right for everyone either). It is important that if you try it and it doesn't work for you that you don't see it as a failure, it's just not the best method for you. Equally, if it does work for you then it opens up a whole new world for you :)

As you know, the Sunday weighers thread welcomes you whether you weigh in on a Sunday or a Wednesday, at class or at home :). Good luck whatever you decide. We'll be there to support you.

Gail x

Thanks hun, I completly agree with you! I do need to be focused, but in a weigh I think weighing in at home/checking in on here makes me more focused.
If I slip up mid week for example... I can come on the forum for support, advice and opinions.. aka the kick up the bum I need! Where as with group... I only see the people once per week, and by then it is often to late to pull the mistake back around!
Don't get me wrong - my consultant is really lovely and supportive... it's just that you guys are better :eek:

Hi ,
I do sw from home and weigh in on a Tuesday at 6pm at my hubby's grandads!! Lol
He only lives round corner from us and his scales are in his wet room , so floor is solid and very even . Plus they weigh in 1/4 lbs so that always spurs me on then little 1/4 lbs make a difference when ur struggling !!
Did have scales at home but was forever on them so decided this was a better option! Hes always sat on sofa when I come out waiting to ask how I've got on too bless him

Aha sounds like my reasoning for my Gran's :D She lives in a three minute walk away.. scales in her wet room (which ofc noone ever goes on) and in 1/4lbs so like you say... every bit is a loss :p

Thanks for the advice hun! So glad to know there are so many other weekly (at home) weighers that the plan works for... I am more spurred on than ever :D:D:D

I am doing sw online as I couldn't get to class. I weigh myself officially on a Sat morning and record online. I weigh myself everyday as it keeps me on track. I am also very impatient so can't wait a week!!!!
People are all different so you just need to find a way that works for you.
Good luck
xx
Hey hun! Know what you mean - I too am very impatient - on off the scales all the time.. so wi at my Gran's is good as she will only let me on a Monday :p

I have done SW for home for the entire 8 months and have not done too badly, this forum is far better than the SW online imo plus its free so more pennies to spend on clothes :D Good luck x

Oh wow! Amazing hun! How much have you lost so far?

I am really looking forward to weighing at home :cool:

I too am doing it at home and loving the support, ideas and sharing on this site, especially now I've been logging on for a while and really feel like I'm getting to 'know' everyone better.
I have been to classes but it was difficult around work - although I have threatened myself that if I do not stick to this at home I will have to go back to a class again!!
Good luck whichever option you choose - as long as you are getting to where you want to be I'm not sure it matters!!

Thanks hun - that's the thing with me.. being focused and telling myself I *have* to stick to it.. wi at home has to work.. I must be tough with myself!

Thanks for all your advice and support guys... really feeling positive about WI's at home (on Monday's) now.

This week I managed to lose 5lbs (have not been to class following two rubbish weeks) and hopefully will stay motivated for this week!

Will let you know how I get on,

Elaine x

I have lost 62lbs so far which works out around 1.5lbs a week which I dont think is too bad esp as I have had Xmas Birthday Anniversary plus other occasions during that time

Goodness me, that's amazing! Well done on your loss! x

I am doing it from home too and the only thing is that you will need a lot of self control. It has taken me a while to get that after i left my group but i think i prefer doing it from home and coming to this forum for support as i didmt find my consultant very happy x i'm sure you can do it and you save a lot of money from not paying for sw and petrol and spend that on new clothes when you lose more weight x

Hi
I do SW at home as well. The money I save from not going to a club goes towards the food I buy. I weigh in on Sunday mornings. Personally I think if you are in the right frame of mind and determined to reach your goal, you can do it without attending a club.
I've learnt a lot from this great forum.
Also for each pound I lose I put £1 away and will save it to buy myself something nice when I reach my target :0)

Back