WEIGHING MY SELF EVERY DAY

I am on my second week on the Cambridge diet and my weight seems to be going up and down, is it good to weigh myself every day? And does effect my diet. I'm on ss.

Hi, it's so tempting to jump on the scales every day, but it can dishearten you, if you stick to it 100% and don't slack on the water you WILL lose, also your own scales can be different to your CDC. Maybe put your scales away in the loft, as if you see a gain it could take you off track.. Stick with it, it works.. I'm at the start of week 5 today 19lb gone :)

If you're weighing everyday hoping to see a result it's really easy to become disheartned. Weighing once a week, you will be pleased when you can see the difference :)

Thanks for the advise its my second week and i have stuck to it 100 % really feeling it to day im so hungry might start doing ss+ what are you doing

I've done SS all the way except at the weekend I was away so kind of did SS+ :) but it's a personal thing, I find by having that little meal makes me want more, where as having just shakes and porridge I don't even think about food, see how you get on, from other people on here doing SS+ they still have great weight loss so which ever suits you best and keeps you on track.. Just get off the scales LOL

I'm exactly the same as u! The 1st thing I do when I get up is go for a wee and jump on the scales! I've only got 10lbs to go, but some days try will say 10st 9lbs next day itl say 10st 11lb and il get really annoyed!! Im gonna get my fiancé to put in loft tonight when he goes up :) great advice x

Total loss- 35lbs in 13 weeks

id get rid of the scales and do what i do go to boots and get a print out, that way you could put them up somewhere and chart your progress xx and not be tempted to go on them everyday because people will be watching ! xx

You should only weigh yourself once a week at the same time, no matter how tempting it is!

Ditto on scales being different btw. My scales said I weighed 10stone 2lbs, and I got to my CDC's for our first meeting and her scales added 3lbs!!! :eek:

i'm also a self-confessed scale-a-holic, its no good for anyone and whenever you drink loads of water or have something filling like a mousse, u always weigh heavier anyway! ifyou are going to jump on the scales every 5 minutes (like me!) u need to not become too disheartened with it as weight fluctuates massively throughout the day, even going in the bath or shower can add a lb or 2d. focus on the weekly result and the monthly measurements and you'll be ok! i posted a thread a week or so ago about my trousers falling down on me, i'd weighed in that week and only lost 2lbs, bit disappointed at first but when i realised that 3 weeks b4 i couldnt zip my size 14 trousers up and now they fit me lovely, i was much happier! the inch losses make a difference too you know!!

I have been weighing myself every morning at the same time. I've only been doing it 4 days so the first two I stayed the same, then the next day I had lost 2 then today 5 in total. But I think it's not a good habit as if it doesn't change I might get upset. However not weighing myself regularly got me into this mess as I just ignored the weight gain and then weighing myself was a shock. I think the best thing to do is to stick to weighing yourself once a week at the same time. Sorry for the waffle, sometimes I just need to let it out :)

Back