weighing yourself ??

westworld

Wondering should you weigh yourself everyday so your weight can be monitored,or are you best to do it once or twice a week ???:)

Thank you

Once a week at the very most! Your weight can fluctuate a lot day to day. Also make sure you weigh yourself at the same time, ie, always in a morning or an evening.

i weigh regular - but tend to be worse (weighing in more) if i have messed up my eating, which in turn makes me go bonkers!!! lol! xxx

best thing is to ditch the home weigh ins! its not a healthy habit, but im guilty of hopping on and off as the next person! x

They say not to weigh yourself more than once a week as fluctuations from day to day can affect your weight.

I personally weigh myself on the same day - this time Friday as soon as I get up and have gone for a wee. Like Allie my scales go on the same floor tile each time.

Weighing yourself everyday means you are more likely to become obsessive about your weight which isn't good.

Another thing to remember is that your home scales are not callibrated regularly if at all, so will vary in the weight.
SW scales have to be callibrated regularly so should always give you are true reading.

I only weigh once a week, and I am doing SW at 'home alone'

So I daren't get on the scales more than once in case I've gained, as I haven't the discipline of a class to keep me in line.

I generally agree... don't weigh daily and just weigh at SW or weekly if you don't go to group.
We have, however, had a visiting target member who had been target for a while and had weighed daily since reaching target after losing a lot. His advice is, once you reach target is to weigh daily. If you show a loss, you can eat more, if you put on cut back. I decided I love that logic, and as my scales were old and rubbish, I went and bought the "talking scales" of special offer from Lidles.
OMG, I have been jumping on and off them several times since yesterday since I bought them.
However, even though they go to .2 of a pound, which is great, I can't see how I have put on 5 pounds overnight, and then when I moved them a few cms away, I had actually lost .2 of a pound overnight!
It's just fun for me and I won't beat myself over any gain but I love the strange accent!
Maybe when I get used to them, or they get used to me, it will be fine to use as a guidline... but I will still go by SW scales which are calibrated and true!

my weight is taken just once a week

i monitor it myself every morning though, it keeps me on track.

I have to confess I do weight myself every morning, but I only count Friday morning's weigh-in. I think it keeps me on track, as it shocks me into following the plan properly :eek: I put on 3.5lb this weekend, which was a big shock on Monday, so I worked a bit harder this week to try to stay on track! It motivates me, but it is a bit naughty! xx

I stick to weighing on a Friday morning. DH hides the scales through the week cos I can't be trusted!! I weighed on a Monday a few weeks ago and got so down cos I'd put on 2lb, I felt depressed all week til official weigh in day, Friday, where I had stayed the same.

i weigh once a week at my "biggest looser" weigh in on my wii !
i know in myself if i have been good or not so don't see point in weighing everyday, and i figured i never weighed myself before the diet so why start now! :)

whereas my mum weighs herself every morning and writes it on the calender and at the end of the year makes all her weights into a chart and files it for her records ... i think she has the last 3 years (at least) so you could pick any day from the last few years and she can tell you what she weighed on that day ! ..... :psiholog:

xxx

I have weighed myself everyday for months and your weight really does fluctuate a lot from day to day,
for example you follow the slim world diet i do Extra Easy and you have a large portion of boiled rice or a large portion of spuds for tea, the next morning you can weigh as much 2 or 3 pound more than you did the previous day which can be depressing.then two days later you can drop 4 pound,i think you do need to keep portion sizes down though ... :):)

I have weighed myself everyday for months and your weight really does fluctuate a lot from day to day,
for example you follow the slim world diet i do Extra Easy and you have a large portion of boiled rice or a large portion of spuds for tea, the next morning you can weigh as much 2 or 3 pound more than you did the previous day which can be depressing.then two days later you can drop 4 pound,i think you do need to keep portion sizes down though ... :):)

Don't know why its here twice sorry..

Back