weight after IMPLANON

Completely agree with Nee. I'm on implanon and have been since I started and I think I've done real well as has Nee. So it's all possible!

Self control me thinks

ps well done on your losses :D

I had it in for three years and it's been out for a year now. I really can't blame it for any of my weight issues. I lost weight for the first year with no noticable change when I had it put in. If anything I could say i seem to have gained a lot of weight since it's been out, but I'm not sure that I can blame Implanon for that.

i didnt notice any weight gain while on it,,but put on a lot when i took it out(well got pregnant:D) i had it in for a yr but had my period for 3 weeks of every month so had to get it out,,

Self control me thinks

ps well done on your losses :D

Thanks babe :) you too.

I have amazing self control about 99% of the time so I completely agree *toots own horn*.

Thanks babe :) you too.

I have amazing self control about 99% of the time so I completely agree *toots own horn*.

Ha ha keep on tooting :D

Self control me thinks

I think that's a tad unfair - Must admit I wasn't expecting this and am very upset by it tbh. Reminds me of the "eat less, move more" theory

I know this is an old post but I am having problems with implanon so did a search.

I am no angel but my eating does not justify my weight gain - in fact I eat less than I did before implanon. My weight stalls after the first week on a VLCD :confused:

xx

I think that's a tad unfair - Must admit I wasn't expecting this and am very upset by it tbh. Reminds me of the "eat less, move more" theory

I know this is an old post but I am having problems with implanon so did a search.

I am no angel but my eating does not justify my weight gain - in fact I eat less than I did before implanon. My weight stalls after the first week on a VLCD :confused:

xx

tbh right back, I dont appreciate being told thats unfair, afterall, Im am on implanon myself, I do not see any other reason for my weight gain other than what I enter into my mouth.

Its an opinion not an attack...

Its not intended to hurt or upset anyone, thats just how I feel, Same as with other contraceptive pills.

But for help on my view....

While weight gain is a very common side effect of hormonal methods of birth control, how much a woman will gain tends to vary. Weight gain is due to an increase in appetite and easier fat deposition as a result of the increase in hormones. On average, women tend to gain 5.4lbs during the first year of use and 8.1lbs after two years.

So yes in affect it may increase the chances of weight gain, but surely its also down to self control too?!

Anyway. My point is, Im not attacking, as an Implanon user myself, I feel its about self control. I have a very high appetite, but its what I do with that feeling that counts.

xxx

i had inplant in in jan. since jan i have lost 2 1/2 stone. i put on 4stone before that with pregnancy. i havent really been healthy eating as such, but calorie counting. best thing means i still get to eat things i like and i can check where i'm up to. if i have few 100cal left i have choc if not the chart stops me. inplant is fine and works well for me. hope i havent gynxd things now. will blame you lot!! ha ha

tbh right back, I dont appreciate being told thats unfair, afterall, Im am on implanon myself, I do not see any other reason for my weight gain other than what I enter into my mouth.

Its an opinion not an attack...

Its not intended to hurt or upset anyone, thats just how I feel, Same as with other contraceptive pills.

But for help on my view....

While weight gain is a very common side effect of hormonal methods of birth control, how much a woman will gain tends to vary. Weight gain is due to an increase in appetite and easier fat deposition as a result of the increase in hormones. On average, women tend to gain 5.4lbs during the first year of use and 8.1lbs after two years.

So yes in affect it may increase the chances of weight gain, but surely its also down to self control too?!

Anyway. My point is, Im not attacking, as an Implanon user myself, I feel its about self control. I have a very high appetite, but its what I do with that feeling that counts.

xxx

It feels like an attack.

"self control me thinks" is a sweeping statement and used by many people when wondering why someone is larger - "have they no self control?" etc :cry:

So yes, I stand by my original statement that I feel it is a little unfair.

I think we obviously need to agree to disagree on this subject ;)

xx

While weight gain is a very common side effect of hormonal methods of birth control, how much a woman will gain tends to vary. Weight gain is due to an increase in appetite and easier fat deposition as a result of the increase in hormones.

xxx

PS - thanks, this helped

xx

It feels like an attack.

"self control me thinks" is a sweeping statement and used by many people when wondering why someone is larger - "have they no self control?" etc :cry:

So yes, I stand by my original statement that I feel it is a little unfair.

I think we obviously need to agree to disagree on this subject ;)

xx

Each to there own!!! if you think thats an attack thats very sad! As for anyone who knows me on this site would say very different!

I will not reply again as Im not going to argue over 'opinion', nor be accused of 'attacks'

However, if I gained half a stone over contracptive protection, yet gained 5 stone from over eating, what would be to blame, self control? or the protection used from falling pregnant?.

I am not phased by how I got in this mess, it was my lack of control over my life, I chose to eat, nothing else.

Anyway as I said, Im not going to argue over it, Im pleased part of that last post helped

Last edited:
I've had the implant for 4 years now. I did put on a bit of weight, but I think it is a more active change than 'it's in me so I put on weight', I think I tended to eat more because I felt more hormonal.

As for weight loss, I have lost weight at the same rate on it or off it.

i am about to get my implant removed. i weighed just under 14 stone when i had it put in (was carrying about 4 stone excess weight from my pregnancy- got implanon in 5 months after i had my daughter!) and i put on 2 stone in about 6 months. i know people are saying its due toself control- but... i was eating the exact same things as i had BEFORE i got pregnant (very healthy as i was a health freak- and a size 10/12) and i STILL put on the weight. i also do a heck of a lot of sports during the week and still ended up piling on the weight. I've only managed to lose the majority of the weight that i put on now, but not all of it. reckon another half stone and ill be back down to the size i had been. i have just come from my gp and discussed why i didnt want implanon in again and because the weight gain i had, and the trouble i had losing the weight, despite being the most active person i know, and she agreed that if my diet hadn't changed then it was the hormone changes caused by the implanon that caused it. i'm hoping that removing it will help me lose weight a bit quicker than what i have been, but my gp did say all side effects of implanon differ from person to person, just like any other medication, so i hope that helps anyone!

Hope it does help you Emma, fingers crossed for you x

Back