weight and dress size

When I was bigger I was 15 stone 9lbs and a size 16-18 and now I'm between a 6 and a 8 (wear an 8 but always a bit big) and am 7stone 9/10lbs at the moment. I go up and down 4lbs but no lower than 7 stone 9lbs.

I haven't changed my stats for awhile as I use my phone and can't change it.

I am only 5ft tall though so this suits me well

For my height I was surprised when I found out how much weight I had gained for my clothes size but it started to even out as I got smaller and now I'm exactly what I expect for my height and weight and my waist size is 25 inches which is between a 6 and 8 (at 15 stone 9lbs I had a 41 inch waist!)

At my heaviest, 18 stone 3lb, I think I was a size 24. I say think, as I always avoided dresses with zips (bought cotton ones you pull over your head) and bought jeans in Evan's or Inspire (New Look) and I think there plus size sizes are quite generous but fitted into a 20.

15 stone 3.5lb now and am a size 18. Although, it always depends on the shop. High street shops sizes are always much smaller.

I'm only little 5'1 I'm a hourglass shape id say an at my biggest I was 22/24 at 16 stone 4 then for roughly each 10/14lbs I've dropped a dress size I'm 13 stone 5 and about a 16/18 wanna get down to 11'4 by Christmas an hopefully about a 14 an out of the obese catagory! An then down to 9 stone an I can't even imagine what dress size I'll be then an it's surprising if you take pics at every stone marker/dress size down how much of a difference it makes! When I was a 20 goin into an 18 my lil boy looked an said ah you look fat in that picture mum with a great big belly! He's 6 an at least he's honest!! Ha ha xx

I'm 5 foot 6 and the most I ever weighed was 17st7lbs and my largest size was a size 20. Now, a couple of years later, I'm 14st9lbs and I'm still in size 20 which is really weird! I never thought about it until I just saw this thread! I guess I haven't tried any smaller clothes on to see if they fit, buy if my 20's at home are still fitting me (and can be tight on the odd day, especially after washing) then I don't see the point of going to a shop and getting all upset because I can't fit into the clothes I want to. I'm going to wait until I can't hold them up without a belt and then go shopping, at least then I know I should get some results! Xx

I work out around
12st - 14
13.5st - 16
15st - 18
16.5st - 20
18st - 22

This is uk sizes. Xx

I'm glad I found this thread.

I'm 5'3" now weigh 10st 10lbs but I'm still a size 16. I think my body shape has changed since having my son.

Before I'd had him I would have been a 12/14 when weighing 10st 10lb.

I'm 5ft 3 and have put on a stone. I currently weigh 10st 3 and in a size 12. Normally a size 10 but massive variations dependent on where I shop. French connection I am always a size bigger

It's crazy how different the sizes in shops are!
Even in the same shop sometimes - I have trousers in 3 different sizes from next and they all fit almost the same!

I agree with Patchninja - In the UK I am a size 18 but in Australia I am a size 14/16 and I believe they are supposed to be the same. BTW I weight 13st.

At my heaviest ever I was 15st 8lbs and an 18/20. I am now a comfortable size 16 at 13st 4lbs. I am 6ft tall though. I think the smallest I could manage is a 12 but I would be happy with a 14!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

i always wonder this too! have you been on bodygallery? ( i think thats what its called!). if not, its a website with pictures of real women and they give their height, weight, dress size and body shape. its really interesting!

but anyhow, im 5ft9ins, 14st2lb and wear a UK 16.

I'm 5ft2 13st10 and currently a 16/18. I find it depends on the shop which size i go for. Although i'm not brave enough to buy something without trying it on x

I'm 6ft 2, 16st 8lb and still wear 36inch waist jeans and XL T-Shirt, although I can now manage comfortably an L T-Shirt without feeling moobilicious.

Morgenmuffel said:
It completely depends on the cut for me lol, perhaps I am an odd shape.

Anyway I thought you might be interested in a site I found a few weeks ago that shows women at different weights and heights, there are pictures and it tells you the dress sizes. It is really a nice tool to use :)

Welcome - My Body Gallery - What Real Women Look Like

I just went on this site and it made me feel so much better about myself! I put my height and weight in and the pictures of all the women were so not as bad as I was expecting! I'm not that huge after all!! I still need to lose weight but i can be safe in the knowledge that I'm not walking around looking like the marshmallow man in the meantime!

Back