Weight and hight

Sam

Banned
I know that I am on a very good way doing the weight watchers program and losing constantly some weight, but still I am much too overweight. So I was just wondering how tall everybody is and how much weight you want to lose. I'm 169cm tall and mycurrent is weigh 92 kilos.

I dont know mine in your measurements but i am 5" 8 and i currently weigh 13 stone, thanks to my height i carry it quite well and people are generally surprised when i say how much i weight but i would like to gte to between 10.5 - 11 stone

Hi Sam! ok, so heres me - I am 5 foot 7 inches (so 170.18 centimetres) according to the bmi calculator I should be 11 stone so thats my first goal and am going to see how I feel with myself after I reach that (I was 18 stone :eek: when I started ww in April, am now 12stone 12) Its funny though, because even at 12.12, which is weighing quite alot, I am fitting my bum into a size 12!! (well, just about - but still!!) so am thinking I must be "heavy boned" (ha ha I sound like cartman from south park now)

I think for that reason (peoples build) there is talk of "doing away" with the whole bmi calculation thing - because you cant give every person (because of all the different builds) one number for their height, if you know what I mean.

Hope you dont mind but I worked out yours incase you want a rough estimate of a target - (sorry im rubbish with cm and kilos) so, you are 169cm tall which makes you roughly (just under) 5 foot 7 inches, you weigh 92 kilos so thats 202pounds (or 14 stone 4) so according to the bmi calculator, you need to be 11 stone to be in the normal range - a loss of 3 stone 4 (or loss of 20 kilos) which is COMPLETELY achievable!!!! my God girl, you'll be thin in no time!!

Weightwatchers say that you can loose between 1-2 pounds a week -I know this varies more or less but for argument sake - if you loose 2 pounds a week you will be at goal (if 11 stone is that) on the 11th of May next year!! soooo if you give this 100% for just 5 months of your life you will be thin!!! imagine!! I KNOW you could do that!!! just 5 months!! (or thereabouts) (hope I wasnt interfering there, just wanted to work it out for you)

Might I suggest doing a ticker too? if you go to Trying To Conceive Ticker work one out, copy and paste into your signature - I just find it fabulous to update my losses each week - it keeps me motivated to a degree to see it coming down and down....

The very best of luck chicken, this is so achievable - come on!!! we both have the same target!! we can get there!!

oh and Sam, am just thinking, maybe its not fair to say 2pounds a week because, I think as you get in the last stone/ half stone it gets a little harder to shed i.e. 1lb to 1/2 an lb per week and taking into account Christmas week (I plan to stay the same for the two weeks over Christmas and New year - I want to relax and have my Christmas dinner and a few drinks but am not going to go too mad either) BUT taking all that in to account you could still be in a bikini for next summer! imagine that!!!!!!!

i'm 5'5 and 15st 8 and must have heavy bones too lol cos no one can believe i need to lose over 5st

I totally agree with Nikki about the BMI thing, my doctor thinks Id be an unhealthy weight at the mid point of my alleged healthy BMI rate.

Im 5ft 11 and think people will be totally shocked to discover my starting weight when I finally disclose it. Im never going to be dainty but so long as Im a nice healthy weight, Ill be happy

Yeah the BMI thing is a litte strange I would say. For example one of my friend's BMI is quite normal-so the BMI says that she has actually a perfect weight. But she has a quite chubby belly which she hates a lot. And she definitely doesn't feel confortable with her weight and that belly.

Back