Weight Chart

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
am I mistaken but i have rejoined SW yesterday and so have new books and i noticed that the lowest acceptable weight for 5'7" (me) is 9st 1lb. didnt it used to be 9st 6lbs.

I would be very careful and not put too much on what you 'should' be for your height.

I am 4 foot 11, and according to BMI, the lowest acceptable weight for my height is 7st 1lb and the highest 8st 12lb.

I am currently 8st 11lb and have set a target of 8st 9lb as I don't want to lose all my body fat and look like a skeleton.

I look (people say) and feel fantastic now - size 8/10 and certainly don't want to end up a twig and constantly worrying about what I eat.

Michelle

Are the books very diffent? i mean have the syn values changed alot? im thinking of buying the books instead of going to a class... what do you get in the class?

the books arent different. if i were you, just go to the first class it is £9.95 at the moment, get the books, a bit of knowledge then if you are disciplined enough to do it at home then go for it.

i have tried unsuccessfully to do it on my own thats why i am back at class.

The new books are different from those years back (mine is VERY different from the current book!!). I don't think much has changed in the last year though, although syn values do change all the time and the only way you can keep up with this is with the online SW site.

As Tara says, you'd be better off paying a tenner and getting all the current info from group. If you've never done SW before it's worth staying a few weeks until you get the hang of it.

Slimming World currently have an offer on of half price membership if you join before 28 February - so will cost £9.95 for the first meeting and to get all the books.

Denise

it is totally worth to go for a few weeks until you are comfortable going it alone. for me personally i am too weak to do it on my own.

I know that at 5'8, the lowest acceptable weight has always been 9 stone 5lbs.

Well when I say always, I mean since I first joined in 2002!

Back