Weight gain during pregnancy

sushidoll85

Hi,

Just out of curiosity I have some questions.

Did/are you dieting during pregnancy?
If yes then how are you coping?
What weight have you gained/lost?

Me and my partner want to try for a baby.....I want to wait until I've lost more weight but my doctor said I'm fit, healthy, and in great condition to have a baby!
I'm just worried about undoing all my hard work I suppose! Is it controllable? Like if I gained 15-20lbs then that's fine. But I hear people gaining 40!

Hi I'm trying to follow Sw but it is harder when pregnant so trying not to feel too bad when I don't stick to it. With my first pregnancy I gained 3 and a half stone, I lost it all eventually but I'm on where near going to gain that much this time. So far I'm 23 weeks and have gained 11lb's, I'm finding it easier than I thought I would. Good luck x

Hi
With my first i put on tonnnnnes! (5st ish), was determined with my second to keep it under control. So with my second i put on 20lb and all of that went on after 22 weeks.
I calorie counted, staying at or below 1600, however often had treats at weekends and was by no means an angel. I just didnt eat for the sake of it. I made sure my 1600 cals were made up of healthy, nutricious foods rather than crap!

It totally can be done, if i can do it, anyone can. Its just keeping the mindset that its not an excuse to just eat!

good luck :)

Kate that's what I'm doing same as u did x 1600-1700 a day and treats weekend I'm having little and often cannot have big meals x

I put 5st on with my first LO (70lbs) because I ate and ate and ate this time been alot more careful and tried to stay active etc, I lost weight at the start due to severe sickness, but gained it again now,
I am 29 weeks tomorrow and I weigh in tomorrow but at 28 weeks I had gained 7lbs from pre pregnancy weight,

Iv still ate what I wanted, had treats and cravings etc, trying to stick to around 2000-2300 calories a day but I don't beat myself up if I don't afterall you are pregnant and it is one of the only times you can enjoy it and not have to feel guilty just don't go overboard x

Becca on my fitness pal I plug in 1600 cals. But I always go over I'm too hungry I have gained 23 pounds already and 23 weeks grrrrrr that's with calorie counting I'm not worrying thou as I will proper diet in July when she is here and I have recovered x

not sure if im on the right thread for my question.........8 weeks ptegnant,doin sw 5 mnths.but CANT ask my consultant what difference is wit sw now as i am afriad she will let it slip to some1 and i live in a small town.i follow eaxtra easy so cud some1 PLEASE tell me if sw is different now cause im pregnant....eg is there extra syns etc.thanx

I put on 5 stones with my first child - only lost about 3 afterwards.
Then put on about 4 with my second and lost about 3 afterwards.

So I ended up weighing 3 stones more.

I'm glad I did NOT diet during pregnancy - I'd hate to have worried I wasn't getting all the nutrients and fats and stuff for my baby. Both my babies were 100% healthy and a good birthweight. I didn't drink at all during pregnancy either - It's only 9 months after all.

The only think I regret is not losing weight between pregnancies. I think when I got pregnant for the second time I was a bit fatter than I should have been.

Also after my 2nd was born I didn't bother to try to lose weight - I wish I had.

Massive weight gain and huge babies run in my family btw so I doubt you'll put on anything like I did. It's natural and I'd really not worry - but pregnancy is not an excuse to eat 100 donuts a day! I did eat well and my food was healthy. I did use it as a bit of an excuse sometimes though.

Enjoy your pregnancy - it's a very important time and in my opinion dieting is something to be done before or afterwards but not during.

What I'm saying basically is don't diet to lose or restrict weight - just eat healthy foods. Become a health freak! It's better for you and your baby!

x

febbabe said:
not sure if im on the right thread for my question.........8 weeks ptegnant,doin sw 5 mnths.but CANT ask my consultant what difference is wit sw now as i am afriad she will let it slip to some1 and i live in a small town.i follow eaxtra easy so cud some1 PLEASE tell me if sw is different now cause im pregnant....eg is there extra syns etc.thanx

Hiya you have all 15 syns and two hea's and two heb's and you need to follow extra easy plan :)hope that helps good luck x

Becca I have reverted back to pro points I am having such a dramatic gain my bump is not even big !! I am having the 49 a week and 32 a day I just need to keep a eye on saturated fat where cal counting I am not watching it I eat so much fruit and veg do I'm not lacking on nutrients I eat brown.bread now too x

never tried pp hun oNly eVer done sw.
bot sure the calorie counting is working for me as it makes me thibk can eat more and more. sticking to it though as dont no what else to do.

Sw don't agree with me If I was u I would stick to cc we got another 13 weeks left haven't we do sw after baby's here x it's horrid the weight gain isn't it and it's hard as we r always hungry nothing seems to fill up x

i did sw jus before getting pregnant and lost stone and half and went from size 16 to 14.was so happy with figure as still love to have hips boobs etc as oh likes it.
its scary how quick the weight piles on being preg and scared what the nezt 13 weeks gna bring

It was 34, weeks I had pre clampsia thou not nice hoping my weight falls off this time I was 15.7 I went to 12.11 then in a matter of weeks then It took ages to get to 9.8 then gained 7 and then put a stone on then fell pg again lol now I'm 12.7 grrrrr

Back