Weight Gain for no reason

thatlittlebit

I have posted this on MFP but I just thought I'd post on here and see if I could get anymore insight.

I'm a bit disheartened as I am still gaining weight as of about two weeks ago :( even though I have made a concerted effort to exercise more and am eating very heathily. When I tried upping my cals a bit I gained weight even quicker. I have no idea what's going on. [I'm drinking enough water etc.] Totally stumped.

Despite all the hardwork I've put in over teh past few weeks I just ruined it last night while eating 400g of museli, yoghurt and dried fruit. 400g! That's more than my daily allowance of calories and don't know what to do now. I guess today will be a hungry one.

I've tried to stay positive abotu the whole thing but it's still continuing after 3 weeks of gaining :(

I've been burning 400-800 cals a day on 1200, I don't know if I should drop my cals? I can't today anyway because of my stupid mistake last night, but I could after that.

I guess it is an option, I mean I've tried the upping!

Could you be gaining muscle weight with the exercise? Don't know if it's a myth but I was always told muscle weighs more than fat ? It could be that your toning when burning cals with your workouts

You may hate me for saying this but it could be because you have a healthy BMI but going towards the lower side and your body is rebelling.

You may want it lower (or the same) but your body may have different ideas.

It may have lost more than what it wanted to at this time so is gaining a bit back for now. My body done that a couple of times when I was only just in a healthy BMI but it did release it again.

It may not be that but if you have tried most things and going below 1200 with so much exercise doesn't sound very healthy to me, then it could be for now.

If you are worried and don't think this is the case it may be worth going to the doctors.

Maybe try upping your calories. I know it sounds pretty alien when you are trying to lose weight, but maybe your body needs them.

goodthings I know that was hard to hear but I understand what you're saying. I just desperately want to meet my goal. Yes, I agree about not lowering the cals. I just wish I didn't GAIN! Even if my body wanted to keep it as is I'd be happy.

squeezy I did already up my cals, I gained even quicker! So brought them back down again.

I am at a loss as to what to do and with CHristmas round the corner I just wanted that little weight safety net if that makes sense, so a few pounds wouldn't be too disasterous but at the rate i'm gaining I have zero buffer.

If you keep gaining it may be worth going to the doctor as you shouldn't gain if you're eating the right amount fir your body and amount of exercise you do.

I see this a lot on mfp and some people have said they have shifted things by eating the same amount buy boing easy on the exercise for a week or 2. Not sure if this works as I've never done it but have seen it mentioned

Ok this might sound stupid but having a proper think about it I had my implant changes 2 weeks ago. Maybe a potential cause?

It's so disheartening where I thought my arms once looked a bit thinner there is now visible flabby fat on them, ditto legs and stomach

It could be cos it does stuff to you innit. Like after my sister had hers in she was on her period for like a few weeks!

goodthingsinsmallpackages said:
If you keep gaining it may be worth going to the doctor as you shouldn't gain if you're eating the right amount fir your body and amount of exercise you do.

I see this a lot on mfp and some people have said they have shifted things by eating the same amount buy boing easy on the exercise for a week or 2. Not sure if this works as I've never done it but have seen it mentioned

I'm going to try this because I'm also feeling a bit run down and not up to exercising

I'm going to eat a bit less though because my rate of gain at the mo is crazy

Back