Weight Gain - Help!

Thanks everyone for your useful advice. I'm not going to stress anymore just see what happens at weigh-in on Wed. Had a full body holistic massage this evening which was fantastic. She's offered to do some reduced sessions for me as a supporting role during my weight loss and because she's knows I'll have less money. I thought that was really kind of her. She's also done LT before so knows how hard it can be.

Yes i think you are right more carbs in slim fast , but its working for me , see what it is ... i'm really just doing 3 shakes and sometimes i do a snack bar or i replace a shake with a meal bar if i'm out , i think the moment my weight loss drops slowly i will have a re think , but with slim fast i'm not doing it to the tin which they want you to eat say a main meal and snacks , but i'll see how it goes :)

well i'd need to test for Ketosis but my mouth is telling me something , a VCLD is only good for a short while so i'll carry on with my plan then i'll day a main meal in say 3-4 weeks time for 1 week then go back to my 3 shakes and maybe if i'm feeling like i need a snack i'll have one of them too :)
What diet are you doing mapcr77 ?

well i'd need to test for Ketosis but my mouth is telling me something , a VCLD is only good for a short while so i'll carry on with my plan then i'll day a main meal in say 3-4 weeks time for 1 week then go back to my 3 shakes and maybe if i'm feeling like i need a snack i'll have one of them too :)
What diet are you doing mapcr77 ?

I'm starting on LT tomorrow. But about slim fast, some time ago (seems like ages, but about 1-2 years) I was a dedicated gym bunny in a very clean diet. Because I'd do the gym before work at 6 am, it was easier for me to have a shake rather than a tuna/boiled chicken breakfast, and since protein shakes are expensive, I used to do what I wrote in the other post, I would mix water with 1 scoop of soya protein isolate and 1 scoop of slim fast. So it was a more protein rich meal than doing it with slim fast alone -needed after doing the weights and cardio- but still get a nice flavour and half the usual vitamins and minerals of the slim fast. Actually, that way the shakes were more creamy and tasted less sugary. So maybe that's an alternative? (plus, tesco has slim fast on bogof :D)

mapcr77 Thank -you for that tip i will think of that if my weight tends to get slow , did you lose much by doing that . Yes i got BOGOF from tesco still ment to see when offer finishes , on site called madaboutbargains lets you know the offers Good luck with LT ! I don't know to much about that diet

Thanks for the compliment Rachel.

Did you guys know you can flavour your shakes with essences you buy in the cooking section? Peppermint or orange for chocolate; coffee, banana essence for vanilla? I experimented with a little peppermint in my chocolate, made it taste like mint choc chip icecream! and it didn't seem to take me out of ketosis. Apparantly the advice that you can use essences comes from the hospitals who are doing LT.

Wow, Charlotte, can you really do that?! YAY!!!! How brilliant :) I shall get some next week! Thank you!

Hi Missleo,

Well, at the time I was having that for breakfast I wasn't aiming to lose weight, but to become all lean and toned :( wish I was there still! I was 10 stone at the time and really rigorous with my exercise and my eating. I just don't have the time anymore to do that sadly, but I'm hoping going back into the 10's (even if its 10st 13!) would give me the courage to go back into the gym. And thanks for the tips about the bargains, will defo check it out... if LT doesn't work! For now I'm banned from thinking of food... sigh! And if you don't mind me asking, how long has it taken you to lose those 12 lbs? And well done anyway! ;)

OOOH I didnt know that Charlotte. That sounds like a good idea. What does everyone else think? Is there not a certain amount of sugar in an essence?

Hi Missleo,

Well, at the time I was having that for breakfast I wasn't aiming to lose weight, but to become all lean and toned :( wish I was there still! I was 10 stone at the time and really rigorous with my exercise and my eating. I just don't have the time anymore to do that sadly, but I'm hoping going back into the 10's (even if its 10st 13!) would give me the courage to go back into the gym. And thanks for the tips about the bargains, will defo check it out... if LT doesn't work! For now I'm banned from thinking of food... sigh! And if you don't mind me asking, how long has it taken you to lose those 12 lbs? And well done anyway! ;)

LT definately works...if you follow the diet - you cant but lose weight...I lost 12llbs in just under 3 weeks..others have lost that much in two weeks!! Best of luck...

Apparently thats what the hospitals are telling their patients in order to liven up the shakes.

Wow size 10s I can dream. Last time I was 10 stone I could only get into size 14s :cry:

Its an Epic for me to tell anyone the 12 loss but here goes I've been toying with the idea of LL well with cost and the doctors i did CD well i was going well with that and one day i cooked for everyone and i thought i've just got to have that , sausage chips i did . it was not a good idea because it took me a long time to go into VLCD its now day 6 for me but in them 6 days i have lost 7 pounds but its been hell and back with my headaches my emotions and feeling low also the taste's in my mouth too its sorted itself now . i hope you feel ride over this and come out of the otherside too

Thanks for your comments Bea and Rachel, and well done with your weightlosses, they are really inspiring! I just had my first shake, it was nicer than I expected. Do you also exercise or only diet? At some point I'd like to start exercising, but don't know when would that be advisable... the idea of saggy skin is terrifying!

No work indeed lol I'm always working!!!!

Back