Weight gain in week 2

nats5125

Hi everyone

Hoping someone might be able to help me. I am currently just starting my 3rd week of a diet my personal trainer has given me (I'm doing a bootcamp and it comes with a nutritional plan).
The plan is very much like the dukan, high protein, no sugar, dairy, fruit, wheat, caffeine or carbs etc but I can occasionally have healthy fats like olives or avocado. I'm also doing interval training 3 times a week. There are also times where we fast for half a day or a whole day.

I lost 6 pounds in my 1st week but gained 4 pounds in my 2nd week, even though I've done nothing different....anyone had a similar experience? I'm upset and confused cause my diet hasn't changed over the weeks.

I have lost some inches but not as many as others who are doing the same plan. I do have pcos and a very slow metabolism but just don't get it.....

Look forward to hearing from you and well done on your achievements so far xx

Hiya

Unfortunately I can't help with why you haven't lost weight but really wanted to reply as you sound so gutted.
From what you've said, you seem to be doing everything right so its understandable that your so disappointed.
Could you have a word with your personal trainer and see if they have an idea of why you haven't lost any weight?
So sorry I couldn't help and I really hope you get some answers

Perhaps it could be due to some sort of water retention, are you drinking enough water? eating too much salt? or hormonal changes can affect that kind of thing too. Hope you find a solution soon :( good luck!

Thanks both for replying.

My trainer doesn't really understand why this has happened, he just said carry on and it will come off.

I wonder if my body has gone into shock and is trying to hold onto its reserves?! Lets hope it gets used to this new regime soon!

I drink 3-4 litres of water daily so don't think it could be that.....

Best
Natalie

Yeah that could definitely be what's happening - the body is a weird and wonderful machine! I'm sure if you just push through the weight loss will soon get back on track :D

It sounds like it could be that so if you stick with it I'm sure you'll see results very soon.
Must be frustrating for you though but don't give up =)

It will kick in soon and you'll have a good weight loss when others don't...

I would think it's water weight, maybe due to your exercise regime especially if it's a new one. The main reason I say it's water is because I cannot see how it's physically possible to gain 4 lb of fat in 1 week especially when you are exercising and dieting. Your muscles could be retaining water because of the exercising.

Some women can also gain a few lbs the week before their TOTM is due but the weight is usually gone again within a few days of starting.

Back