Weight gain

Mirjam

Never Ever Give Up!
I just had my first WI after first week of refeed and I gained 0.7 kg (1.5lbs). I've eaten what I'm allowed but not all that we can as I couldn't eat that much. Is it normal to gain weight after LT? Bit disappointed and hoping that I don't start gaining weight already after all my hard work....
Will start with WW coming Thursday as I've finished all my LT shakes then and I don't want to buy 7 maintenance products in the same flavour as there isn't one that I particularly like the most. Was quite surprised that we aren't allowed to mix like when on TFR :(

Yep weight gain is normal. Some people lose, some people stay the same and some people gain after there first week on refeed. Don't panic though, it'll just be water weight iykwim. It will all even itself out once you're body is back used to eating 'normally' again.

Why can't you mix the shakes with the maintainence products? Is that because your pharmacist wont let you buy them individually? If so thats a little wrong tbh.

I can't mix them because they follow LT to the letter and they say that they are not allowed to sell the items individually. I have to buy them in sevens :(

Thanks for your tip Summergurl, now I know I don't have to worry :D xxx

Don't panic. I always put on weight during refeed - it'll adjust within next week. I might be wrong but I always put it down to mixing a shake with carb food cos always still lost on Day -"1-3 on refeed but put on a bit every day after that! Fell back off when I dropped shake/refeed finished!

Beware on another thing too - in case it happens to you, I'd hate you to be disheartened and scared! For about a month after refeed, I always found my body would seize onto anything over and above the strictest ideal. Even a pack of snack a jacks in evening would show on scales! If this happens to you, don't panic - it does come straight back off in day or two, but it is scary cos u just hear all those Doubting Thomas's in your head with their "ooooh it'll pile back on once u start eating' It most definitely doesn't - and with me, after those first few weeks, my body stops grabbing onto everything aswell! However in my case, that cud be just cos im fairly immobile, so if u lead a reasonably active life/job, you'll probly be fine! Most of us have been maintaining for a long time now! TFR definitely works so long as u maintain properly!

Well done on all so far...

I know how disheartening that can feel but you really musn't let it get to you. It really will be fine as long as you don't now go mad, which I'm sure you won't.

As for the chemists having to sell the maintenance products is 7s - they don't, it's up to them. If I were you I'd find a different chemist who will supply what you want if you can. I have bought maintenance products from 3 different chemists when 'mine' didn't have what I wanted in. All of them sold me what I wanted - none of this 'must be in 7s' rubbish.

You've done really well, don't forget that xx

Thanks Vanessa and Jan for your brill advise, I was quite worried but you've eased my mind. I do go to the gym 6 days a week for bodybalance but have decided to do some running as well.

There's only 1 pharmacy in Aberdeen that sells the LT but have decided to indeed start WW next week. xxx

Back