Weight gain!!!!

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. What a sickener. But, NOT TO WORRY. You know that if you keep to the diet the weight will go. Are your clothes looser? The thing is, hmmmmmmmm IGNORE IT! That's the answer, just keep your head down, don't be disheartened and fight the good fight! We are all in this together and next week will be a great one for you, i think.

I definately think that clothes are the better way to weigh (?!) Scales are machines.....and who can trust machines? Loose clothes, that's the way ahead!

Hiya Payn :)

Are you due on a period? Have you been drinking all your water?
If you have stuck to your plan... it's probably water weight.
Keep up the good work until the next weigh in and you will probably find you have a wholloping big weight loss as your body continues to adjust.

Good luck and keep up the good work, you'll get there hon. X X

Thank you for your comments. I'm drinking my water and my period was last week. It's really strange.

I jumped on those scales this morning, closed my eyes with a smile on my face...only to open them to see my cc looking very glum?

Hiya Payn

Ok reality is that you HAVE to lose fat when doing Cambridge SS, it is impossible not to lose fat as you are only getting around 450 calories from the packs and you need around 1750 to 2000 to just live your life, you have no glycogen fuel and hence the only fuel coming is from good old fat.

Therefore any gain on the scale or plateua cannot be because you haven't lose fat, it must be water, scale variance, clothes weight etc etc etc.

If you do the diet by the book then you get skinny, no other outcome!!

Yeah, is not my clothes because I wear exactly the same each week. I did have a big loss last week, but my cc checked the scales and said they were okay. It's really worrying me.

Sorry - how annoying, BUT you must do this for another week at the very least to see what will happen. I stayed the same one week and lost 7lbs the week after, so did Becky85 - exactly the same....

If you dont stick to this you'll never ever know what could have happened......

Just keep drinking, keep focussed and get through this week.....

Also - have a look for a thread yesterday by SoonToBeGorgeous about scales, weighing and why you can be heavier - puts the whole thing into perspective.

Yes indeedy - have a gr8 CD week and keep at it xxxxxxxxxx

just put your head down..................and keep on going i am sure you will catch up next week:):)

sending possitive vibes:)

Hang on in there hun.
And- ahem- are your bowels okay? It's amazing what a difference that can make.....

Oh big huggles how annoying and frustrated you must feel but please please don't let it put you off this week the weight HAS to come off if you're sticking to it. It's times like these when i can understand why a lady that did the CD asked for her CDC not to tell her how much she'd lost til she got to goal.

Have a wonderful week the scales cannot deceive you forever!!!!!!!

Just to reiterate what the others have all said.

scales can be misleading in the short term due to changes in the body's fluid balance, but
TROUSERS NEVER LIE! (& you did say they'd gone in a notch)
keep going& nex week'll be a goody...will you come back & tell us?

Back