Weight Gain???

Miss-Piggy

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
I am in a bit of a panic, hopefully someone can help calm me down. (Sorry in advance if it's long)

On Saturday morning I weighed in at 11st 7.5lbs. On Saturday night I made crisps from my Chilli soup but after a few I was very sick and this continued for about 8 hours.

I still felt a bit ropey on Sunday (weight rose by 0.25 lbs Sun morning but managed 4 litres of water plus my three packs.

I felt a lot better on Monday and had my 3 packs and 4 litres of water (weight stayed the same Monday morning). I also did a half hour work out which I got through okay.

Yesterday morning my whole abdominal area was very painful/stretched feeling, typical workout aftermath and my weight had went up to 11st 8.5lbs!!! I had my 3 packs (1 of which was a bar) and drank more water than normal, 6 litres.

This morning not only my mid-section is very sore but my neck and shoulders are very tight and uncomfortable - worst thing is I weighed in at 11st 9lbs!!!!!!

Why am I gaining weight? Am I doing anything wrong? I have been doing so well and have been very consistent over the last 90 days, my fiance's comment this morning was "Have you eaten something?" which really hurt and he also said I look very bulky and puffy as if I have put on a stone :( and I look a bit like I used to!

Can anyone advise me on what I am doing wrong as I am a little upset and very panicked.

Thanks so much!

Why am I gaining weight? Am I doing anything wrong? I have been doing so well and have been very consistent over the last 90 days, my fiance's comment this morning was "Have you eaten something?" which really hurt and he also said I look very bulky and puffy as if I have put on a stone :( and I look a bit like I used to!

Hun pls dont panic, could u be suffering from water retention and possibly near Totm, or could u be a bit constipated.
Us women unfortunately have fluctuations in our body weight for reasons beyond our control.

You know u have stuck to the plan 100% so dont worry.You have done so well already losing 53.5 pounds already.
Maybe dont weigh yourself till your next Wi and its very easy 2 get thrown off track when we weigh ouselves 2 often.

Just carry on with your packs and water, and not making any more crisps lol and i am sure that 1.5 lbs will drop off as easy as it came on.
Take care, pls dont get upset just remember your amazing weight losses 2 date xxx

Sounds to me like you have an infection, and your abdominal area is inflamed and holding water. There are some nasty bugs around at the moment, I am currently on antibiotics after a stomach bug I couldn't shift. It's hard to say how much of the pain is due to the workout, depends what you did and how fit you are. Do take care if you are not feeling good.

Don't worry about the weight gain like everyone said it is probably water. try not to jump on those scales quite as much, because if you are sticking to diet they mean Jack apart from on weigh days.
as for your other half comments, do you want me to come round and give a slap?

You can not gain weight whilst SSing and I am just thinking are you over doing the workout?

Light to medium exercise is what is advised on a vlcd.

Love Mini xxx

ask your Oh to try not make those comments they are very crushing and you need his support not his suspicion, i can do the call round and slap thing too if you want lol,

Slaps have now been administered, lol.
I spoke to my CDC and she thinks it may be to do with constipation and has recommended Dulco-lax tablets (bought them this afternoon). She says that it has probably been induced by being sick on Saturday and balance has been upset. I'm going to stick to 5 litres of water and see how things pan out over the next couple of days.
I've also decided to leave the proper workouts till a later date when I have moved on CD1000 and up.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice x

Followed my CDC's advice and feeling a lot better today, a lot less puffy & bloated and I had a quick (tiny) one-off check on the scales and 1lb is off so I seem to be settling down, phew. Now I won't check until my weigh in on Saturday - promise!!

Back