Weight gone up, but clothes size gone down, a bit anyway

onefatmama

Hi,

A quick question :)

Last week I tried on my old and I mean ooooold, (had to blow the odd cobweb off first) pair of size 16 jeans, they did'nt fit.

Today I weigh myself and have put on 4lbs :eek::(:eek:, but I tried those jeans on and they fit, I can do them up too, they are tight, but they're on :):)

I got into my husbands pants as well and his jeans :eek:( cant do them up yet though!:eek:)

Anyone else gone up on the scales but down on the tape measure?

Thanks

OFM xx

Weight training can result in loss of inches but increase in weight as muscle weighs heavier than fat.
On the other hand the time of day when you tried on the jeans might have a bearing on matters - early morning most people are less bloated than later in the day. And if you weigh yourself at the wrong end of 4litres of water you are bound to weigh heavier on the scales.

Could be lots of reasons - bet it feels good to fit in those jeans though - keep up the good work.

not yet, but i have in previous diets. Have you been exercising? you may have lost weight but gained muscle?
it works the other way round, you might lose 7lb next week and put on 3"
If you find it disheartening, test yourself with the ketostix, it will show you that you're still weeing and breathing out fat, which is always encouraging!!

x

not yet, but i have in previous diets. Have you been exercising? you may have lost weight but gained muscle?
it works the other way round, you might lose 7lb next week and put on 3"
If you find it disheartening, test yourself with the ketostix, it will show you that you're still weeing and breathing out fat, which is always encouraging!!

x

Yes I am exercising alot, 3-4 times a week using the rower, x trainer and hill climb on the tread mill, also my instructor wants me to include 2 workout classes too, he knows Im SS'ing, but says a good workout will give faster results. we have to wait and see if he's right :)

ofm xx

No a good workout will not give any faster results!! That is a myth!!

The weight comes off because of the ketosis effect, not because of the exercise.

I have done so little exercise whilst on CD - 10 weeks and I have lost 4 stones.

Doing a lot of exercise whilst on SS is not recommended and you will find that it makes you very hungry too. If you want to do a lot of exercise you need to go to 790 or 1000 Plan.

Back