Weight lose while pregnant?

Hi All,
I have a question. Has anyone successfully lost weight while pregnant and is that even safe?

I have about 50lb left to lose, but I would like to start planning to try for a baby soon. I am trying to figure out whether I am better off losing the weight before we try or before and during also. I hope that makes sense! Also I will be starting WW Propoints in the next week.

Any information or help you can give me would be hugely appreciated!

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello.....I am currently pregnant and still going to slimming world. Although I am not trying to loose, I am happy to keep up with the healthy approach, plus keep an eye on my weight. I am heavier than I wanted to be, however these things happen.
I am still in my first trimester, I am eating loads and loads of syn free food, lots of fruit and veg, and so far I have lost 7lbs.

Obviously baby is most important thing, luckily my craving is apples...

I did visit my GP and consulted my leader...both were happy for me to carry on with the healthy eating plan.

Good luck x

I'm pregnant and on sw, I go to meetings and eat as healthy as pregnant person in first trimester can, go sw not ww!!! It's healthy option

I think it's always better to prepare your body before you start trying for a baby, its a bit different if you find yourself pregnant without planning. I have been overweight with both my previous pregnancy's (about 12 stone) and this time I want to be healthier and slimmer before I concieve. Having a baby puts a huge strain on your body, the fitter and healthier you are the better to avoid complications..
Apart from anything else I used to hate the fact no one noticed I was pregnant until I was about 5/6 months - I was so proud, I wanted everyone to know without having to tell them...
I am currently trying to lose weight before we TTC baby number 3!
Good luck...

As far as I know, Slimming World is the only plan that GPs and midwives are happy to allow pregnant women to follow. So it might be worth, if you do want to still keep losing while pregnant, looking at that as an alternative to WW.

I had an app with mw today and ive lost almost a stone since i found out i was pg. Im so happy and ive done it by just watching what i eat. Have cut down on all the junk. Mainly because i havent wanted it. If i could loose another few stone while pregnant it would be a great help, and would be less to loose after i have the baby.

Back