Weight loss buddy anyone??

Aw guys I know how you feel!! I have lost 1 stone 4lb but still have another 2 ish stone to lose!! Its so hard to stay positive all the time :( xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all!!

How's everyones last few days gone? I've managed to get through the last few days having 2 syns in total.

Had an awesome paella for tea nom nom nom.

Hopefully a run in the morning too. Am determined to lose this week! Xx

Bobsledwheels said:
Hi all!!

How's everyones last few days gone? I've managed to get through the last few days having 2 syns in total.

Had an awesome paella for tea nom nom nom.

Hopefully a run in the morning too. Am determined to lose this week! Xx

Is there any reason you've only had 2syns over as many days? SW recommend you have between 5 and 15 a day for the plan to work! Syn is short for synergy, which means all the components come together and make it work! Don't fall into the trap of thinking that by eating less syns you will lose weight quicker

:( about your STS, but it is sooooo much better than a gain!

I was bummed with my STS, so I have a fridge full of strawberries and melon :)

I had a poo Friday 13th. Me and him indoors fell out big style, he just seemed to wake up in a mood, and I seem to be very sensitive at the moment too. So all I ate all day is 2 weetabix, a few chippy chips, salad and piri piri chicken meat. Seems to have spilled over into today, as I'm feeling very glum and sorry for myself, and worried that we are going to argue again later. So tempted to eat things I shouldn't, but I am going to try sooooo hard to have fruit salad, melon and a healthy lunch instead.

With regards BMI charts, see BMI healthy weight calculator - Health tools - NHS Choices

It's up to you how much importance you base on the answer. I personally pretty much ignore it!

Chin up STS gang (and 0.5 loss), next weigh in is a totally new go :D

Hi Tinytootz, must be something in the air at the moment my hubbie is acting like a moody *$(""* at the moment, life's not easy for us girls sometimes, we have so much to juggle physically and emotionally and on top of that we have to look slim and gorgeous too ;) I'm trying not to let things get the better of me, even though I'm fed up with my lot today. I just keep thinking that a loss will cheer me up on Tuesday. Chin up ladies (see look on the bright side it used to be chins not chin) ;)

Is there any reason you've only had 2syns over as many days? SW recommend you have between 5 and 15 a day for the plan to work! Syn is short for synergy, which means all the components come together and make it work! Don't fall into the trap of thinking that by eating less syns you will lose weight quicker

Not really - it wasn't intentional, i just hadn't fancied any 'extras' as such and i always cook with fry light so can't even get any from the oil lol.

I have just eaten loads from the superfree and free foods and not really fancied anything else! Even then the syns only came from chorizo sausage (i love that paella is free foods! my fave dish) rather than chocolates etc.

I am planning on having a nice cold bottle of kopparberg this evening though as a treat for a long day of studying so that should even today out :)

Tinytootz and trimtrixy - i am with you both on that front - my other half is a right grump at the moment! He was nicer yesterday but only because i picked him up on it the night before and slept in the spare room. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that ;)

Oh and tiny - thanks for the link, will be perusing later and deciding where my goal should be! xx

Aye I considered the absence thing by sleeping on the sofa, but the issue was I wasn't tired enough to sleep, so I would just lie there getting annoyed and wound up! Plus I'm not really one for doing that, as I would get annoyed if he didn't come down to me if that makes sense, and that results in game playing, which I am not really one for.

He always threatens to get on a bus and go. Just wish I had the do-dahs to say 'go on then'. But I know it would spill into the next day, then perhaps the next day, and I HATE that! I would rather sort things out in person rather than via text or just simply not talking.

Anyway, on with the day :D

Oh I know what you mean about game playing - we are quite blunt so there is no game playing, i just didn't want to share a bed with a huffy monster so slept elsewhere. He was perfectly nice the next day lol. Men hey - can't live with them - can't live without them!!

I hope today is better!! xx

Well done for the losses and STC Jo, I know its disappointing but not a gain :)

I felt abit deflated this morning. Need to learn to practice what I preach I think. I only lost 0.5lb today and being so big with so much to lose and sticking to plan 100% etc I felt really fed up, but i've had a choccie treat and a sarnie and picked myself up again and will continue to give it 100% this week.

I've upped my walking and I'm shattered this week but I am determined to lose the weight this year so I must not fall off that silly wagon

Don't be disheartened, when i started walking (an hour a day) i sts for 2 weeks and then only lost 1/2lb on the 3rd week even though i was following plan 100%. But my shape changed and i lost inches. Keep up the good work

Don't be disheartened, when i started walking (an hour a day) i sts for 2 weeks and then only lost 1/2lb on the 3rd week even though i was following plan 100%. But my shape changed and i lost inches. Keep up the good work

Thank you Jo :D I had a horrid day yesterday but I do feel my shape is changing. I could feel it with the clothes I had on yesterday. So I've had my treat day and back on plan today. I've found it abit harder today but I am snacking on fruit and the odd alpen light bar and fizzy water with a slice of lemon. So far I am coping

Well done, we all need a treat day now and then. It is always harder the following day though. Good luck this week x

Hi all,

You're all doing really well, well done to you all :D I've been thinking and although we sometimes seem to go weeks losing minimal weight, STS or gaining here and there, it's just part of the journey, we are learning about our eating habits as we go and what works best for us and to be able to treat ourselves because that's life. I think if we were to lose it all in a month, we would soon be back to our old habits and gain weight again - haha listen to me preaching!! I shall have to remember this when im down in the dumps lol.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend? As always, I'm dreading my WI on Monday already lol!

I have our family holiday to Portland in 2 wks and I'm already arguing with myself about it, do I just choose to relax and indulge? Or will it make me feel worse and eat well to counterbalance it!! I don't know and won't do til I am there. Hey ho, I shall roll with the punches! Then the week after it's my birthday! Lol x

Having some chicken and mushroom stroganoff tonight and looking forward to it! I saw the waitrose ad for Heston and he did a recipe of soft boiled eggs with asparagus wrapped in smoked salmon! I had some for brekkie this morning and it was yum!

Ok, enough of my wittering.....

Reactions: JoC
Hehe you make me laugh Emma :)

I think your completely right it's so hard to stay focused 100% I feel a bit rubbish this week and it's making me wanna just eat crap :(

When your hols why don't ya try a bit of both!! Being good and looking forward to extra treats or something?

Xx

Good idea about the hols, obviously you want to enjoy yourself and relax but you don't want to undo all your hard work. I think a healthy balance and a bit of body magic and allow yourself to have a small gain :) xx

Lol I do go on sometimes!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, remain quite healthy but allow for treats! Mmmm ice cream! I will definately expect a gain!

Aw Karen, hope ur ok, (((((hugs))))

Socialbutterfly1979 said:
I'm ok chick, just been a bit down lately!! Makes me wanna stuff my face lol!! Damn hormones xx

Hope you're ok butterfly? You're usually the one who cheers everyone else up ;) seems like a lot of us are a bit fed up this week ( strange how we're in sync). Carry on with the healthy eating, going off track will only make you feel worse in the long run. You're doing so well :) big hug x

TrimTrixy said:
Hope you're ok butterfly? You're usually the one who cheers everyone else up ;) seems like a lot of us are a bit fed up this week ( strange how we're in sync). Carry on with the healthy eating, going off track will only make you feel worse in the long run. You're doing so well :) big hug x

I know trim!! Normally such a cheery person, putting it down to a wee blip!! It is amazing how we all seem to be the same at same time!!worked a 15 hour shift today, snacked on biscuits and everything, made me feel quite bad :( plenty of ss foods tomorrow for me!!

How's everybody doing?

Emma where are you how was your weekend and good luck for wi :). Xx

Socialbutterfly1979 said:
I know trim!! Normally such a cheery person, putting it down to a wee blip!! It is amazing how we all seem to be the same at same time!!worked a 15 hour shift today, snacked on biscuits and everything, made me feel quite bad :( plenty of ss foods tomorrow for me!!

How's everybody doing?

Emma where are you how was your weekend and good luck for wi :). Xx

Thanks lovely, I need it. Yep, I'm feeling fed up today, though it's probably a mix of hormones and stuff going on at home. I keep thinking about having a Chinese or pizza take away tonight after the WI.

Hope you're all well today xxx

Back