Weight loss buddy anyone??

Aw shelskie maybe they will have a look and see what your eating, see if they can help, the positive is that you haven't gained :)

Well I lost another 1lb last night, how? I don't know lol!! That's me half a pound to my club ten, so it's spurring me on in hopefully the right direction,

I can rememeber registering on here 11 weeks ago now and looking at people's weight loss and thinking omg I wish that was me!! And now 22.5lb lighter I'm getting there!!

I'd like to say a big thank you to all you lovely ladies :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Menorca, it was my first foreign holiday in 7 years, didn't want to risk taking the kids until now. You are so right i have been dieting for the last year so a few weeks won't hurt. Trying to eat a lot healthier prior to tomorrows wi but still not back on track 100%. Once i get on those scales then that is it i am back to 100% days.

I always sts around totm also, good luck for tomorrow x

Awww i used to work in Menorca back in the day!! Going away with kids is no bother, i took my little on her first holiday at 8 weeks old, but i guess its down to each individual. We go to Benidorm every year i absolutly love it, so family orientated.
Its my WI in tonight im dreading it to be fair honest lol :)

Well done on the STS Shelski, as has been said, at least it ain't a gain :)

And well done on your loss Karen, your club 10 is so close!

Drumroll please..............I somehow managed to STS this week! I was CONVINCED I had a gain, but the scales say otherwise. And even on my stressful Monday, I managed to have 8 poppets - OH expected to come home and find me rocking in the corner surrounded by wrappers. He really doesn't know me that well, it is more likely to be empty bottles rather than wrappers! :D

Awww i used to work in Menorca back in the day!! Going away with kids is no bother, i took my little on her first holiday at 8 weeks old, but i guess its down to each individual. We go to Benidorm every year i absolutly love it, so family orientated.
Its my WI in tonight im dreading it to be fair honest lol :)
I will probably try benidorm another time as i have been once before, stayed in albir just outside and it was lovely. I was only worried about taking the kids as my oldest who is 6 has special needs, i was worried she might freak out on the plane. Need not have worried she was brilliant.

Good luck with your wi tonight x

I will probably try benidorm another time as i have been once before, stayed in albir just outside and it was lovely. I was only worried about taking the kids as my oldest who is 6 has special needs, i was worried she might freak out on the plane. Need not have worried she was brilliant.

Good luck with your wi tonight x
Albir is very lovely... Well had my WI wasnt too bad lol, i lost 5.5 lb not bad at all really lol im very chuffed with that!

Albir is very lovely... Well had my WI wasnt too bad lol, i lost 5.5 lb not bad at all really lol im very chuffed with that!

Well done Stacie 5.5lbs is amazing :)

Had my weigh in and i have put on 7.5 lbs :eek: oops. Never mind back on track again tomorrow.

Stacie! That is a great loss, well done!

Jo, I put on about the same - tho that was going by my own scales - it'll be off in no time x

Wow well done stacie that's brilliant :) bet your well pleased with yourself :)

Aw joc, just get back on it and all will be grand :)

Positive mental attitude :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Massive congrats Stacie, wow!

Awww Jo, at least it wasn't a huge surprise to you, and good on you for jumping right back on the wagon!

Well done Stacy that's an awesome loss :D
Never mind JoC you'll get that off in no time & you should be really proud going to WI n facing a gain head on!

So the beginning of the week was great - I stayed in syns, plenty of SF, SS & water etc then Tuesday hit and I'm down with another stomach bug :( I don't about losing weight making you healthier, I've never been ill this many times in such a short space of time (think this is the 4th bug in last few month) anyway I haven't gone crazy of track but had extra bread & snacked on CASHEW NUTS! Of all the things I could have been about to stomach... Damn stupid body! Argh! Anyway I need 0.5 to get my 2st & 2lb to get into the 12st bracket! Not holding out much hope...

On a positive note I'm going to the hairdressers Saturday (I have an irrational fear of them so don't go very often) and the long hair I've had for years is going! & it's getting dyed as red as physically possible - proper excited :D

So sorry to ramble, I'll stop now :D x

& how's everyone else doing??

I can't keep up this week, sorry. But noticed Stacie did really well :D and Jo you will soon lose that again, lovely to see you and Em back again :D

I am back on track after 5 days of all over the place. Didn't eat at all all weekend and just couldn't (unheard of for me) then I nibbled at anything and everything for 2 days, then back to sw properly.

My brain is gradually feeling less mush after my awful weekend so hopefully I am back to normal again. Hope everyone else is okay and I will try to keep up

Oh meant to say can't wait to see new hairdo funky. Sounds fab :) I had my long hair chopped earlier this year and had lots of red in it. Loving it. I too have a mega mega fear of hairdressers

Hi Guys, well I've been mooching but not posting, I had an epic binge weekend and hey I gained 5.5lb's!!! can you believe it? that's over 3 days. Oh when I gain I do it BIG TIME :(
Well I've been doing some serious soul searching and I've had a weight problem my whole life, with some pretty sad stories to tell....but I won't bore you with all that. I've come to the conclusion I'm scared to death of being slim!! I don't know if anyone can identify with this, but I get down to the weight I am now and everyone starts telling me how well I look and I don't think I'm comfortable with it. Am I weird? Because really I DO want to be slim :)
I'm back on track 100% now, but it was touch and go for a while ha ha :D xx

Found this interesting article, I think I'm sacred of being attractive, when I'm fat I feel invisible, like I fade into the background

Are You Afraid Of Being Thin?

Here is a surprising truth about many weight-challenged individuals: They have a great fear of being thin.

Yes, I know that almost everyone who is overweight says that they want to be thin. But it is also true that a very high percentage of those people fail at weight loss. Trust me.

You do not fail because you are lazy and undisciplined. I have worked with too many weight-challenged people to believe this. You fail because you have a deep-seated fear of what will happen when and if you drop all those pounds.

You get sick of being overweight and decide to diet. For a while you drop pounds. Then without warning something happens and you lose control and begin to gain again. You feel almost possessed by a drive to eat and you cannot seem to stop even though you know you are adding all that weight you worked so hard to lose. You blame yourself and you may even feel a bit crazy.

I have counseled hundreds of individuals who relate the same disturbing story and they all have a deep fear of being thin. When their weight loss approaches a certain point their fear takes over and drives them to revert to fattening eating habits. This process continues until they gain enough to take away the fear.

Sadly almost 99% of all diet programs have no understanding of this fear and provide no support, counseling or tools for discovering and managing it. Happily, Diet.com is an exception to this rule. By bringing experts like Dr. John Sklare and myself they are exploring the cutting edge of healthy and successful weight loss.

But the fear is real and extremely powerful and will block all efforts to get and stay thin unless it is confronted and managed.

Are you doomed to be held forever hostage to your fear of thin? No. It is not hopeless and yes, you can do something about it. Fear can be overcome if it is identified and then confronted with support. I have made a list below of examples of fear from many of the weight-challenged persons I have counseled. Read the list and see if some of these items apply to you.

Possible Sources of Fear of Thin

Please use this list to begin your own search for your fear of being thin. Simply identifying a fear is a giant step on the way to overcoming it.

You may fear your sexual energy. Many individuals fear that they will become out of control sexually if they lose weight.

You may have been raped and fat protects you from men. "If I stay obese men will not pursue me and I will be safe."

Your self-esteem may be very low and you might actually feel undeserving of weight loss.

Your fat may be a way of resisting the growing up process (baby fat) because adulthood seems frightening.

You may believe that losing weight might require you to make other scary or painful choices and changes (divorce, change jobs, lose friends).

Weight loss may require you to accept more challenges or responsibilities and staying fat then becomes a form of safety.

You may fear being seen and therefore judged.

You may fear the loss of food as a drug and as a hiding place from the difficulties of your life.

You may fear your own power. "Who and what will I be if I drop these pounds?"

These are just a few of the fears of being thin. I encourage you to take a deeper look into your own mind and heart with this exercise. Write 25 different completions to this sentence. Don’t stop with 5 or 15. Do all 25. You will find amazing and useful answers. "I am afraid to be thin because..."

TrimTrixy - I think theres alot to be said for that article. and what you are experiencing as I get like this too.

My mental block is the weight I was when my Dad died suddenly 6 years ago, so will be interesting if I can get past that this time... Its abit like a comfort issue I think. I am determined though.

Have a hug sweetie as its so hard at times but you can do this xxxxx

Thanks Jackie, I think with good support these barriers can be broken. At this point I've starting gaining many, many times. This time I'm going to confront my emotions. I don't have all the answers, but I went through the same wobble about a stone ago. I don't want it to beat me, so thank you all for your on going support it means more to me than any of you will ever realise :D xx

Thanks Jackie, I think with good support these barriers can be broken. At this point I've starting gaining many, many times. This time I'm going to confront my emotions. I don't have all the answers, but I went through the same wobble about a stone ago. I don't want it to beat me, so thank you all for your on going support it means more to me than any of you will ever realise :D xx

I know I've said about this before and many may poo poo it but have you tried a self hypnosis cd?

I did start a hypnosis course as I was fascinated and my main aim was going to be to help people just like us but i never got around to finishing it. I still hold that same interest in it though as truely believe it can help. Either hypnotherapy sessions or sometimes the self hypnosis ones.

There are many on the market some not so good but one I rate is 'Taking control of your weight' by Andrew Johnson. I've been listening to it on and off last few weeks, when I listen I do not want to binge, I do not crave the bad foods, I am not even interested in them including choccie which I adore. Its helping take the edge of it for me and to hopefully break through that barrier. Just a thought and its not for everyone but they are so so relaxing its lovely just for that

I've got the Paul McKenna app on my phone, think I'll start listening to it again. It really helped last time....and I can't afford a shrink which is what I really need ;) xx

1.5lb on for me tonight not sure why as I have been exercising every day so gonna have to try and knuckle down really fed up every time I get near to 4st I gain really need to get over this hurdle

I've gained 0.5 this week :( (first gain in 17 weeks) but I'm guessing it have something to do with the bread sticks, cashew nuts & extra bread I've eaten this week due to my upset tummy! I'm not going to get stresses by a gain I'm going to stay of track as much as possible (going out drinking tomorrow & to a christening Sunday) but am having a lot of hair cut off at hairdressers tomorrow so that should lose me my 0.5 lol (I am joking)

Back