Weight loss buddy anyone??

Hello all,
I feel a bit strange joining this topic 72pages in but hey-ho.

I've been on these forums before but I haven't been very good at sticking to the diet so I thought I'd come on here to see if I can find a dieting buddy.

I'm 26, 5ft4 weight 10stone 10 and want to get down to 9stone. Ideally I'd like to find someone who is about the same with the same sort of target (weight wise I mean).

Can anyone help??

Hi Emma,

I`ll be your buddy! I`m 10st 13lbs and would love to be 9st although that might be a bit of a tall order! I am old enough to be your mum but I`ve been told that age is only a collection of numbers after your name

Slimming buddy? 10&half-ish stone!!

Need a buddy to give me that wee boost, joined sw lost fab in first 2 weeks and now with loads of silly gains and small loses I am nearly back where I started!!!! Argggh!!!!!

Have a very similar amount to lose and happy to support etc as very similar losing /gaining same bit of weight:sigh::sigh::sigh:

Its very quiet in here innit!

If anyone wants to 'buddy' up with me, you are more than welcome! 26 (soon to be 27!), 11st 12 and 5' 2". My nemesis is bread, mmmmmm, bread.

Hope we've all had a good week so far. I magically lost a pound this week, but won't be around for next WI so have not been exactly perfect, but have stuck to plan and within syns so far. Off up to John O'Groats on Monday, bit worried as there is nothing to do up there really, other than fish and walk, so we shall see :)

Hey all I could do with a buddy too! I am 18st 12lbs and looking to get to around 14st to 14st 7lbs.

Lost well in my first week but now I seem to be struggling a bit. Feeling cravings for too many syns! Lol

Diet buddy wanted to help progress ... and to help with ideas

Hi I have lost 10lb since the end of May with Slimming World and I want to lose another stone.

I exercise a far bit and exercise alone has never shifted the weight so after a friend did well with Slimming World I joined! I am loving it but would like someone to talk to and get inspiration from as sometimes it gets boring and I end up eating the same things all the time.

Also I think it would be good to talk and give and receive tips.

Let me know if anyone is interested? I was thinking it would be good to post food diaries on here and talk ...

Thanks.

I sure am! I hvnt really used this site much, so stick with me if I am slow to respond!

I'm enjoying slimming world but have let it slide over the last few weeks, so a buddy will be great support for me! :)

Will do :)

I feel having someone to speak to about it will also mean I annoy family and friends less and you will know what I am talking about when say things like "syns" and "superfree" :)

What plan do you follow? I do extra easy... haven't taken the time to understand red or green!

I follow the extra easy too. It seems by far the easiest & most productive!

What kinds of foods do you make? I am fairly keen on spicy food such as curries. Tho I eat pretty much everything! Lol. We can always swap recipes and help eachother try new things! :)

I do like curries as long as not too spicy ... did you see the one in the magazine 2 months back. It was 1.5 syns a serving as has coconut milk in but I have been making without so syn free and it is delicious! If not seen I will send to you...

I cook for me and my boyfriends and we have a lot of meats, potatoes, pasta, stir frys. Nothing too crazy. I have been using loads more herbs since started SW and use nothing but fry light now!

My favourite dessert at the moment is mousse made from 2 Muller Lights, a jelly sachet and 200ml water! It is 1.5 syns the whole lot but I make 2 servings at a time so only 0.75 each bowl! I just had one :)

I am sure I have the curry recipe from the magazine.. I also have their curry recipe
Book so I get lots of choice.

Your dessert sounds good! Do you whisk the ingredients together?

Have you made your own syn free ice cream yet?

My boyfriend lives in Scotland, I'm in Northern Ireland. I was in Scotland seeing him earlier in the week & he made me a chicken and pasta dish which was lovely. It had chopped tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, sweeteners, chicken and chilli. It was really nice. Will have to make it this week now that I'm back home.

If I ever come across any recipes i think you will like, i will forward them to you.

When is your weigh in day? Mine is
Monday. :)

Thanks ... I haven't got any of the books but am tempted. Have you ever tried 12 week countdown? Keep looking at it.

I make pasta a lot for work... I normally have plain and then bring a stock cube with me and sprinkle on after heated up - tastes like a pot noodle - and have with lots of salad and maybe some chicken or ham.

My weigh in day is a Tuesday! :)

For the mousse - mix together the bolied water and jelly sacher and let cool a little then add 2 Mullers and throw in fridge! Defo extra easy and so many combination choices!:D

The 12week countdown - is that the deal that you pay for so many weeks, you get the free book? I missed my weigh in over the last 2wks due to holidays. If the offer is still available, I'll buy it on Mon!

Some of the recipe books are good! There is a cottage pie dish that is a firm favourite of mine. Yummy! Lol. Your pasta dish sounds like a good idea! I wldnt have thought of doing that!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I may ask in class about!

How have you done so far with weight loss and how much more do you want to lose?

The other thing I am trying this week is drinking loads of water. Leader has been saying if have 6 litres a day it helps speed up weight loss! But can only be water with nothing added! I am having 4 750ml bottles while at work which is about 5.2 litres. Still having usual tea too so not worrying about getting to 6 as I think I would burst!

Will see if makes a difference!!!

I have lost 8lb to date. I think I will have a gain on Mon when I return tho. Still, I'll put it behind me and start afresh :) I'd like to lose another 2stone. How much have you lost? And... How much would you like to lose?

Oh... Let me know how you get on with only drinking water. I drink so much tea. Way too much of it to be honest.

I've just been shopping for groceries. So tomorrow I will cook all day and organise all my meals for next week.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi sorry I disappeared I could not get to our thread and had to email admin to find for me!

How did you get on on Monday?

I lost 1lb last week which is OK - as long as I lose 1+ I am happy :D

Hows this for stupid!!!!!:confused: life totally got the better of me ,first week slunk back to SW and put on 3:break_diet::break_diet::break_diet:

Back