Weight loss Diary & General musings...

Good news today! Heard back from one of the venues I really want so we are going over for a viewing on Saturday yay!

I really hope its nice cos its quite reasonable.

A friend has also nabbed me tickets to the national wedding show this weekend, so I might not be able to go to the bromley fayre. Theatre on Saturday aswell we are going to be mega busy!

Any tips on what to ask when viewing a venue?

not specific questions but more see how prepared/flexible they are.

we saw two lovely venues, one gave us loads of info and were really flexible on options for the meal/evening food, both in terms of what you got and the price range, also really flexible in terms of timings.

the other gave us limited info, seemed disorganised and also were really inflexible. when we asked if we could have a hot buffet in the day and cold buffet in the evening it was a no, but we could have afternoon tea type stuff in the day and a hot buffet in the evening. which is the same type of food but in the other order! the reason i am fairly sure is that you tend to have more people in the evening so more money for them...

ask about booze prices! does the meal cost include booze per head? what is that limited to? how much is a bottle of wine for the table? a bottle of water? fizz for toasts? what about bar prices (some venues charge way over london club prices for drinks in the evening - captive audience you see)? Will they let you buy wine and fizz in bulk and supply it yourself - they'll charge 'corkage' for this, which is fair enough - you're still using their glasses and the fizz will need to be served - but some venues hate it (they lose big profits on booze) and so charge punative corkage to put you off. Umm - how late can you stay?... will you have sole use of the venue? (you'd be amazed)... can people throw confetti?... restictions on music.

If it's a hotel, are there negotiated room discounts? what's parking / taxi service like?

when would you be able to get in and put your little buckets on the tables ;)

do they have any recommended contractors (photographers, florists...)? Do they insist you use their people for anything?

it's so exciting!

I think you are gonna have to set up a wedding blog lovely - I wanna watch every decision and choice over the coming months!

Well done on your loss too. You really are inspiring xx

Thanks for the advice! I have jotted them all down in my wedding notepad lol
We are viewing 2 places this Saturday now and one next saturday! busy busy busy

I was thinking about a blog but I can never keep up with doing it, I had one for my jewellery and it only lasted about a month!

Had my photoshoot today! Was really nerve racking but they really put you at ease, was less nervous actually in there with my kit off than I was before the shoot!
Haven't seen the pics yet so I'm expecting them by the end of the week so I will of course share ;)
Only get one free piccy thou :( all the others will have copyright stamped all over them humph!

If anyone else fancies trying it let me know though as if you use my referral I get a free piccy ;)

Thank me dear! Appreciate any help i can get i'm completely new at this and weddings have never been a big thing arounf my family and friends xx

ooh - can't wait to see your photos!

Me too! Keep obsessively logging on and checking if they're up get owww

Oh forgot to mention you get £50 off if you book with my code so yay!
Tempted to do it again when I reach my goal, my body is all deformed now with the quick weight loss :(

Lingerie mostly! Was very weird cos I done a few shots with my partner in his pants and the photograph was like 'push your bum against him, arch your back and push you boobs out, put your hand on the front of his belt'
errr ok! Lol

Had 2 wedding venues lined up today but cancelled one, it was in tunbridge wells and was really nice but didn't have accommodation and alot of our guests would be travelling down pretty far as it is so we definitely need somewhere with rooms.
The one we saw today we REALLLLLY nice, it was right on a huge lake and has a jetty you can take pictures on, sooo beautiful.
The guy was really helpful and they are very flexible with menus and decorations, we can pretty much do whatever we want with the place which is fab! I did asked about an ice cream van and they were totally fine with it, bbq & ice cream at a summer wedding? How perfect aye ;)
And he's going to give us a quote for a pie & mash dinner with liquor and gravy! Absolutely perfect for me and the B/F, a proper old fashioned cockney meal ;)
The room is HUGE aswell, well you actually get 3 rooms for the one price so we have a room where the bar is with a lounge bit we would plan to put the cake, gift table and guest book (maybe a photo booth?). Also means we can invite alot more people than planned, so if we get this place I expect all you minis to make an appearance in your lovely skinny dresses ;)
The rooms etc are quite dated but still really lovely, big and reasonably priced. And everything is super clean, very important me thinks!
It's all very exciting! We have more to view but I think this may be the one...
Just a few things to check before we book, we want to stay over one night and sample the menu, if that's all good then we will go for it!

Ok wedding rambling over lol. Pics are up from the shoot, didn't like that many and have a fat in lots so thats abit poop. Heres some of the ones I did like;

Attachments

• fijepow.jpg
    fijepow.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 79
  • ghieprj.jpg
    ghieprj.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Untitled-12.jpg
    Untitled-12.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 82
  • dhiodh.jpg
    dhiodh.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 73
  • jdik.jpg
    jdik.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 77
That sounds so exciting!

and the photos are gorge (I like number three best, followed by number 4. Black and white can be classy but you have such a beautiful peaches and cream palette going on there - plus the look in your eye for the third one is just... ooh la la!)

Oh wow stunning pics - I agree with Spangles pic 3 is gorgeous! You have beautiful skin :)

The venue sounds fab - great they are flexible :)

A lot of our weddings have an ice cream van and fish n chip van - guests love it! Always makes for a nice relaxed atmosphere :)

Today they are about to start their pulled pork meal and then have fish n chips later, plus a massive cake of cheese wheels - temptation for me, but have just had my choc mint bar - so no picking for me!

Oh wow your pics are gorgeous u look stunning yes deffo love no 3 its the eyes like spangles said!!!!
Venue sounds fab and love the relaxed sound of the food!!! I have been talking weddings all afternoon as just done a trial on the hair for a bride!!!

agree with everyone, pic 3 is ace!

so exciting about the wedding stuff as well.

the only regret i have is that i didn't do this diet two years ago before my wedding. i hadn't ever considered doing a 'drastic' diet until i heard such good things about this one last year, so i know it's not like i consciously decided not to do this before, but still, a shame. i had an amazing day and the photos are brilliant but a part of me will always look at them and think 'i look fat', now that i've seen (for the first time!) what i look like thinner.

so, should you need any further motivation, there you go! free of charge!

sapphire, i know exactly what you mean. I was a size 22 at my wedding. Arms like hams. such a shame.

indeed. i was thrilled with the photos at the time, but i've honestly never been even close to thin before so had no comparison.

it's a bit soon to do a vows renewal (!) but i intend to dress up and take photos like my life depends on it at every single occasion for the forseeable future!

Back