Weight loss for charity

Lucy_B

Silver Member
Hi everyone.

Me and a friend at work are both wanting to lose 2-3 stone and I wondered if there was a way I could raise money for charity at the same time.
It was just a thought and wondered if anyone had ever considered/looked into it!
xx

One of the guys at my group did, he was sponsored for children in need. I'm not sure exactly what he was sponsored on whether it was per lb or per stone, he lost over 4 stone though.

Good luck:)

Thank you :) I think I am going to look into. It's for a good cause and it's extra motivation!x

When I was fundraising to go to Kenya to help in an orphanage for children with HIV/AIDS my mum did a sponsored slim... Basically she set aside a 10 week time frame and got people to sponsor her for every pound that she lost during that time. Some people sponsored as little as 10p per pound whilst others sponsored her as much as £5 per pound. She made about £400 in total from doing this.

See I wondered how you could work it and that sounds like a really good way. I'm gonna see if I can get a group of friends together that would like to do it x

Depending on what charity you want to support you could set up a just giving site. That way you can add the details to your Facebook account and also add the details to your signature on your email account.

You can then send friends and family regular updates so they can link on and sponsor you at any time.

good luck

I lost 7stone in 6 months for a skydive. There's a weight limitation that i had to get down to. Might be an option.

Back