Weight loss for fertility and wedding

Well I am in my second week of following slimming world again and its going well.

I have decided keeping an online diary might help keep me accountable and motivated, as well as get down some of my feelings, as I am going this alone not at a group.

So I need to remind myself why I am on a mission to be more healthy! These are:

To be healthy for life with my 6 year old daughter
I need a BMI of 30 to be prescribed fertility treatment (we have been ttc since January 2016 with a miscarriage in Feb 2018. I have PCOS so hoping loosing weight will get my body working again). This will all be worth it when we have a baby!
I want to be a size 12 for my wedding which will be in Sep/Oct 2019. We got engaged on May 4th 2018.
I want to start feeling good about myself and not like a hideous whale.

I loose weight really slowly (thanks PCOS) and need to keep the carbs lowish or I don't loose anything!

My goal this week is to start Couchto5km to try and get some more exercise in and boost weight loss as well as improving my (very poor) fitness.

So when I started dieting back in October 2017 I was 110.5kg and a BMI of 43.7.
I lost 6kg but in Feb I finally got pregnant and then miscarried and comfort ate then, putting 2-3kg back on.

My starting weight on slimming world on May 10th (the day we got back from holiday) was 106.7kg. BMI of 42.2.

First week weight loss was 2kg! So down to 104.7kg and a BMI of 41.4.

Good luck! :classic_big_grin: We have similar weight loss journeys (fertility treatment aside). I started at 112kg and my goal is around 63kg. I have an overseas holiday next year and my wedding October the year after, so doubly motivated! :classic_smile:

Hi Beth,

best of luck with your weight loss journey. weddings and babies are great motivators for weight loss.

sorry to hear about your miscarriage, I know how devastating it is. I also have pcos and found taking metformin helped me have better losses.

subscribing x x

Thank you guys!

I lost 0.7kg this week which is great considering I was on provera this week, which last time I took it made me put on 3kg!

I’m hoping the gynecoligist will give me metformin when I next see them.
Good luck! :classic_big_grin: We have similar weight loss journeys (fertility treatment aside). I started at 112kg and my goal is around 63kg. I have an overseas holiday next year and my wedding October the year after, so doubly motivated! :classic_smile:

Very exciting!!

My wife is doing the same thing, she is 3 stone down since August, and has PCOS so we are struggling through it! About another stone and she will tick the BMI box for the prescription...
Good luck with it!

My wife is doing the same thing, she is 3 stone down since August, and has PCOS so we are struggling through it! About another stone and she will tick the BMI box for the prescription...
Good luck with it!

Thank you. Good luck to you and your wife!

You are doing great! you have a lot to look forward to and SW will definitely help you get to your personal goals!

I lost 1.5kg this week! So pleased as that is 5.1kg in 4 weeks, which I have never managed before.

My fiance bought me a fitbit which is great for upping my motivation with exercise

whoa 1 1/2 kg is amazing! well done!

I have a fitbit and it makes you move your bum! if you can see if any friends/family have one and do a bit of a for fun competition...it works wonders!

My fiance also has a fitbit so we are doing the competitions and I have added a couple of friends. It is great for motivation!

I've had quite a good week! Havn't been able to run much but I am continuing to up my walking, as well as its intensity.

Lost 1.1kg this week! So 6.1kg (13.5 pounds) since May 10th and 9kg overall.

The lovely thing is that I am seeing benefits. Lots of people have commented saying you can see I've lost a lot of weight, but I can't notice it. But my size 18 trousers are all too big and some of the clothes I have tried on before I went on holiday (May 2nd) which didn't fit do now!
I can wrap my bath towel completly around my body without my stomach poking out!

And the best thing is I am having my first normal cycle ever! My temperatures have been very stable (which is a sign of stable hormones) and I ovulated on cd16! The earliest I have ever ovulated.

Plus my BMI is now under 40!!!!!!

Hoping next week my first mini-goal will be complete and I will get under 100kg.

Well this week I’ve lost 1.7kg and am now 98.8kg! So first mini goal complete

I also got a BFP on Tuesday. I’m only 13dpo today. I don’t beleive that this pregnancy will be successful to be honest. I’m in a complete meltdown over it. My appetite has gone awol and I’m having to force myself to eat.

But I’m repeating PUPO (pregnant until proven otherwise) and treating myself as pregnant. Another motivation for eating healthy and if this pregnancy does fail then I need to keep at the diet as it’s clearly doing some goal.

According to friends doing slimming world, you can have an extra HXB and a HXA a day when pregnant.
I rarely use my HXA as I hate cheese (I also hate yogurt) and rarely have milk. Worried my calcium intake is low, so I’ve got some low calorie milkshake (crusha is 0.5 syn per portion) and am going to make an effort to have a milkshake everyday.

Absolutely terrified but if I do miscarry again I’m not going to go mad with food like I did last time. I’m going to keep going with the diet and make my body even more ready

Back