Weight loss plateau

I will succeed!!!
I think we all hit one at some time or another during our journey so I thought I'd post this link :D

Now, I personally think I might be at a plateau - and it's my fault in a large part as I just was not eating enough food. Then festive season butted in...so I am taking responsibility for this slowed weight losses to an extent. But my weight has not moved much in a while, even when I am 100% (taking into account catchup etc). And I know I am not alone...so enjoy! It's not groundbreaking and it's nothing SW doesn't already tell us...but it's always good to have a reminder ;)

Weight Loss Plateau - When You Stop Losing Weight

Thanks hun- makes sense and is nice to have a reminder

xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks sticky, I was getting really down about this. I've been on EE 100% for 6 days, loads of veg soup for my SS etc and the scales if anything have moved up!!!! Reading that has made my mind up, mostly red this week apart from friday when im going to try Britmums stroganoff, loads of water & some form of exercise 4/5 days!

Im getting desperate as my gorgeous daughter gets married in 6 weeks and i still cant fit into my outfit!

Thanks again Sticky good luck on your journey x

Thanks

Thanks Sticky,

I havent hit the plateau yet but did last time round and it really got me down. It made me give up altogether in the end!

Ill keeo this handy for when i need it most, hopefully it'll help to keep me on track!

Pesty

Well personally I never hit a plateau during my 11 month weight loss. Yes there were weeks when I sts but never more than one at any time. But i put that down to the fact that I was continually from day 1 mixing things up - new foods, new recipes, different HEs, different exercise routines.

Think of athletes training for the olympics - they don't start a training programme and continue to do the same one day in, day out. They continually change reps, change exercises, change speeds to keep challenging their body. And we as slimmers have to do the same.

Well personally I never hit a plateau during my 11 month weight loss. Yes there were weeks when I sts but never more than one at any time. But i put that down to the fact that I was continually from day 1 mixing things up - new foods, new recipes, different HEs, different exercise routines.

Think of athletes training for the olympics - they don't start a training programme and continue to do the same one day in, day out. They continually change reps, change exercises, change speeds to keep challenging their body. And we as slimmers have to do the same.

Good point here hun, mixing up has got to have advantages, I'm doing better on EE than I did on just green and EE has so much choice.

Tried to rep you but still got to spread the love xx:D

Agreed, but I already mix menus and exercise types up. Yes there is some repeats with meals, especially lunches, but all in all I do vary foods a lot. Same with exercise. I have a lot of DVDs and tend to do one or two for a period of time and then switch. Same with gym classes. SW encourages this too.

I do all this not only for SW-ing but my sanity lol :D I wouldn't be looking into options if I was eating beans on toast on green days week in week out ;)

My main issue is eating enough. Since losing weight I don't eat as much. I try to up my intake but all in all I just don't eat the same as I once did.

I know that getting over a plateau means changing things around, but hitting one is going to be something a lot of dieters face at some point. We just have to remember we are all different and our bodies vary greatly :D

Back