Weight loss REALLY slowed on SS (exercise?)

humpty

Hi everyone

Not posted for a while

I was averaging -3lbs a week loss.:jelous:

However the last 3 weeks , its been, -1 (totm) -1 then -1.5lbs .

I'm Drinking Loads of water MORE than enough.

Im not nearing my target , still have loads of weight left to lose.

The only 2 things I've changed is started exercising everyday for 30 mins ( Light Running )
and
Have started drinking Green Tea as I read this helps to increase the metabolism.

I put the 1st low loss week down to TOTM then 2nd low loss down to increase muscle due to me exercising but now with a 3rd week of low loss , Im really :cry: about it as Im exercising everday & only having <500 a day and still only losing 1lb /1.5lbs

Surely I should be losing more ?:confused:

Should I stop exercising ?

Any advice please !!

I still have LOADS to go, it will take forever at this rate :(

keep exercising as it stops your body becoming adjusted to the calorie intake. Plus it's good for you generally :) you'd have to be doing a huge amount of exercise to build the muscle levels that affect weight loss though i'm afraid. What does your CDC say? And have you been checking your inch loss? You can plateau a bit on the scale but still lose inches.

I would say just try not exercising this week , as its the one thing you have changed it may be responsible . you will know if you get a good loss after no exercise
there is some research out there that thinks that on a VLCD, regular aerobic exercise ( like running ) can slow down weight loss , your body can only take so much energy from fat stores , and sometimes too much exercise can over stretch it and make the body try to hold onto to its reserves .
When I do CD i only do gentle toning and stretching exercise and it works for me .
Its worth a try to see if it may be a problem

Thanks
She said that sometimes you have a few slow weeks and then a really great loss that makes up for it . ( I thought that would happen this week )

I'm suppose to check my inches at home ( don't)
but after 3 such poor losses it would have to be an absolute massive loss to make up for it.

The sad thing is after the 1lb loss the reason I started exercising 7 days a week was to make up for it as I like most other's on here , I want to lose as much as possible before the Xmas party season starts and have gone from SUPER motivated to VERY unmotivated this week . :(

I'm going to cut out both the green tea and all the exercise this week. Even still It would have to be a loss of more than my 1st week to make up for the last 3 , not holding out much hope of that

Thanks guys :)

Keep going hun, the excercise will be doing you the world of good,

maybe half run half walk, so not as much aerobic excercise, but your still active...

Also have you tried swimming, as its a great resistance work out which apparently is the best kind to do on this diet...

I have been swimming and dancing and my losses are not too bad...

hope they pick up soon, keep smiling xxx

ooh and is the tea just plain old green tea??

no fruit or berries etc?? as they contain citric acid

just a thought xx

True its better to stay positive that I have at least lost a few lbs but after such hard work , its easier to feel a bit negative :eek:

Will see how it goes this week , Hopefully it will be my best loss:sign0009:

Its just plain Green mint tea ( supermarket brand) the mint helps with the stinky breath, does'nt appear to have any sugar in it .

I might give swimming a go in a few weeks , I don't want to do anything at the moment want to see what I lose this week , although I was enjoying my exercise .

If I don't have a really good loss this week , will have to try something else :confused:

Thanks and Congratulations on your losses :jelous:

I'm in the same boat Humpty, my losses have just dropped to 1lb a week for the last 3 weeks and it is soul destroying when you know you aren't cheating!

My CDC has told me to try 810 for this week as ssing may have slowed my metabolic rate, might be worth a try?

Thanks Lizzylocket

But you have lost over 5.5 stones and 30% of your body fat , wow thats amazing !

I've only lost 2 stones and just over 10%

I can understand after you've done so well and lost so much that your losses have started to slow down,
Your nearing the end ! .:D

Unfortuntly I'm not :(

Hope the SS+ works for you and you continue to do as well , not long to go !;)

My CDC has told me to try 810 for this week as ssing may have slowed my metabolic rate, might be worth a try?

My CDC said the same thing last week Lizzy; that your metabolism adjusts and you need to mix things up for a week to rev it up again so 810 is an ideal way to do things. Varying exercise intensity day to day can help too (as your body can adjust to doing the same thing every time and find it less demanding; even in the gym they tell you to change it every 4-6 weeks).

Good to know they are all saying the same thing eh?

Thanks Lizzylocket

But you have lost over 5.5 stones and 30% of your body fat , wow thats amazing !

I've only lost 2 stones and just over 10%

I can understand after you've done so well and lost so much that your losses have started to slow down,
Your nearing the end ! .:D

Unfortuntly I'm not :(

Hope the SS+ works for you and you continue to do as well , not long to go !;)
I lost most of that last year, am back for the final time to get to goal so really have only been back on cd since September!

My CDC said the same thing last week Lizzy; that your metabolism adjusts and you need to mix things up for a week to rev it up again so 810 is an ideal way to do things. Varying exercise intensity day to day can help too (as your body can adjust to doing the same thing every time and find it less demanding; even in the gym they tell you to change it every 4-6 weeks).

Good to know they are all saying the same thing eh?
Sure is GG, fingers crossed it works and I get a good loss next week!

I lost most of that last year, am back for the final time to get to goal so really have only been back on cd since September!

Bet you feel like :cry::cry:your eyes out too then !

but congrats on keeping most of it off for a year

Hopefully we both get a great loss next week ;), NO exercise , NO green tea ,for me and I will let you know how I get on .

Positive thinking :fingerscrossed:

darling I want to tell you soemthing. 2 months prior to me starting this diet, I went to the gym for 5 days every week for 8 weeks. I did either boxercise, step, spin and aeromix classes plus 20 minutes on the cross trainer. I did not LOSE 1 SINGLE OUNCE. I was gutted and nobody, not even my trainers, could understand why. I was even eating very sensibly too :(
Then I started this diet and am losing very well.
I will start again after christmas but I can totaly relate to what you are saying.

One of the joys of having been around here for such a long time (on and off :)) is knowing that debates like this one come up a lot.

So, without further ado, I give you this:

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...d-about-exercise-weight-loss.html#post1915753

My personal experience of doing SS and trying to exercise at the same time is similar to humpty's. :(

Toning exercises - great idea. Aerobic/cardio work - not so much, if you're going by what the scales say to gauge your progress.

The same thing happened to me last year, I thought the gym/exercise would speed up my weight loss but it slowed right down, after reading the above link I think I will stick to swimming and resistance work

Call me really, really lazy, but I quite like knowing that I shouldn't be exercising my butt off while on Cambridge. :D

Really quite happy to save all that for when I'm working back up the plans... ;)

One of the joys of having been around here for such a long time (on and off :)) is knowing that debates like this one come up a lot.

So, without further ado, I give you this:

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...d-about-exercise-weight-loss.html#post1915753

My personal experience of doing SS and trying to exercise at the same time is similar to humpty's. :(

Toning exercises - great idea. Aerobic/cardio work - not so much, if you're going by what the scales say to gauge your progress.

Thanks for the link Lily ,:)

I searched for this post and couldnt find it,
before I started cambridge , whislt doing my research on the diet , I remember reading this post or a very similar one and I thought is was a load of rubbish as common sense would indicate .

less kcal's in and more kcal's used would = greater weight lost

Still don't understand the science :confused:, But lots of people cant be wrong.

If I lose more next week , I will deff go back to doing no excerise :D or just muscle toning !

The really strange thing is , I have more energy because I'm not eating all the rubbish , so I didnt find it too much trouble to do 30 mins a day :(

Thanks again :D will report back next week on my loss

I think, as the linkback says, it all depends on your basic pre-diet exercise levels and how intensly you exercise while on CD... and also how fast you try to build it up. Going from being a couch potato to 2 hours hard cardio a day would be a sure fire way to lean muscle loss I imagine.

Back