Weight loss with a bad leg

Hello everyone,

I am after some ideas and advice.

I would like to lose 2 stone eventually and at least 1 stone. I've put on the weight since last summer and am now ready to tackle getting it back off again. My problem is I am waiting for surgery for the cartilage on my knee so can't exercise (cant even walk far)

Is it possible to lose weight without exercise? and

Any suggestions on what exercise I can do without my leg. (I have thought of upper body weights machines at the gym but its a lot to pay membership to use a couple of machines! - do you think it would be worth it?)

I'd like to lose at least a stone before I get back to skating which will be around October time to reduce the stress on my joints.
Thank you!

Rollergirl101 said:
Hello everyone,

I am after some ideas and advice.

I would like to lose 2 stone eventually and at least 1 stone. I've put on the weight since last summer and am now ready to tackle getting it back off again. My problem is I am waiting for surgery for the cartilage on my knee so can't exercise (cant even walk far)

Is it possible to lose weight without exercise? and

Any suggestions on what exercise I can do without my leg. (I have thought of upper body weights machines at the gym but its a lot to pay membership to use a couple of machines! - do you think it would be worth it?)

I'd like to lose at least a stone before I get back to skating which will be around October time to reduce the stress on my joints.
Thank you!

Hi! It is absolutely possible to lose weight without exercise!! I have ME, as well as osteoarthritis in my knees, so I don't exercise at all (and I mean NEVER, lol). I've lost 5 stone in the last 9 months, counting calories. So it really is possible, but I'm sure some people will be able to tell you exercise you can do without using your legs, if that's what you want to do. All the best. xx

Wow you've done so well. Thank you that's really encouraging to know it can be done. I was worried without exercise I'd be stuck.

Thanks! I believe the general rule of thumb is that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise, so whilst exercise will help you lose more, lack of it certainly won't stop you from getting good results. xx

Hi, I exercise and I've a completely knackered knee. I have a small multi gym in a spare bedroom and leg exercises are possible such as extensions with a low weight and I also use easports2 on a Wii, due to the sensor following the strap on sensors you can adapt the way you exercise without doing it exactly the same as the onscreen trainer and still get a good workout, though I do have to use support for some exercises.

Back