• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Weight Loss without Ketosis

Mrs B

Silver Member
Hi Emma, you will still lose weight on CD even if you are not in ketosis as you are having so few calories. The ketosis just makes most people (not everyone) feel a bit better - loads of energy, not hungry etc.

emmaleighjohnson

Pink and Fluffy Poster
Ahhh... that makes a lot more sense. So people are worried about 'being knocked out of ketosis' because they're likely to feel hungry. Wonderful.

Ketosis is just a chemical reaction in your body that makes it use burn for energy rather than use what it takes in. On a calorie controlled diet with exercise you still take in less energy than your body needs so will lose fat its just a slower process. For example I tend to lose on average a stone a month on CD & half a stone a month calorie counting. Its whatever works best for you!

Lesly Cambridge

Cambridge Consultant
Don't forget that ketosis protects against the loss of lean tissue. It's the most important benefit of CD Sole Source, with lack of hunger and mild euphoria taking places 2 and 3.

415 Calories per day of Any Other Food is not the same as 415 of perfectly balanced CD.

emmaleighjohnson

Pink and Fluffy Poster
Thanks for that Lesley.
My main concern is the reduction in water and gylcoIcan'tspellthiswordsoIwon'ttry. I want to go back to Slimming World pretty soon as I lost my six stone through there but I also don't want to gain a lot of water weight.

WOW! You look AMAZING in your signature pic. Congrats!