weight loss

LVP123

Hi
I have been unsuccessfully doing a very low calorie diet on and posts for the past 6 months and as I really struggle to stick to it have decided to start calorie counting for the next 10 Weeks until I get married. I weigh 15 stone roughly.

I have only just seen this diet on the website, how many of you are following it successfully and roughly how much weight have you list from it so far, and with what timescale? I think this would suit me quite well as I am constantly stopping and starting on exante (3 diet shakes a day totaling 600 calls a day)...

Please let me know how you are doing so far - I have had 1030 calls today which I was thinking could be my first up day and start tomorrow on a down day.

The only thing that's worrying me is that my up day is giving me 2130 calories a day which seems like a lot! A down day is 426

Thanks

Hey, I'm 49/2044, I've been doing it for about 4wks and have lost 6lb, not great but going in right way and I don't feel like I'm on a diet!

18 lost : 49 to goal

Hi, I would advise reading up as much as possible about alternate day dieting before you start. You have to get your head around the feast /famine element of it which means exactly that. 1030 would be far to low for an UP day, stick to your allowance is it there for a reason x I know its hard to get your head around the UP days after following a vlcd but you have to have the swing of cals for this diet to be successful, if you take a look at my sig it will show you how much I have lost , Juddd weight loss is in bold. I personally love this diet and as Fizzy said it doesn't really feel like a diet as half of the time you can eat what you want. Any questions ask away , always happy to help x

Thanks for your replies!
Bajoleth I have only had 1030 cals today because I was on my first day of calorie counting - I literally only this evening have read about JUDD.. I ate LOADS over the weekend so I thought maybe just one up day under my allowance would be ok, then go up to my set allowance of 426 for a down day and 2130 for an up day..... Or do I need to try and scoff 1100 calories before bed tonight? =)
If yes, it CAN be done - looking at your losses is inspiring, I thought it would be much less than that to be honest.
Thanks

No you don't have to go mad today, just bear in mind your allowance when you start properly x If you are going to do a DD tomorrow then I would eat a little more to make sure you have enough energy on board to get through a DD x

Might just have a couple of slices of toast with jam on and a cup of tea! Do I have to do awful slim fast shakes or similar (have loads of exante left) or can I have 426cals worth of porridge and milk? Much more filling and appetising for me, but on the JUDD website it says during induction have diet shakes.... Dont think I could do a day on just those!

Thanks

You can have whatever you like, it just says that it recommends having pre packaged shakes as its easier to keep track and not stray over your cal allowance, its not actually part of the diet. You could eat 500 cals worth of Choc if thats what you want. There are no rules on what your cals are made up of x

Now I could manage 500 cal of choc!!!
But cold meat, salad bits, some Philadelphia, oat crackers, oat bran and skimmed milk, strawberries, a mini meringue shell and perhaps a couple of pickled onions would keep me going for much longer - and come in well below 500.

gentoo/aptenny

I actually prefer not eating at all or just having something light at teatime, if I start earlier I find I get hungry, I don't get hungry if I don't eat ?

I'm the opposite and have to eat a little bit all day! I have cut a meal replacement bar from tesco into 6 (220 cals total) and I'm hoping that will keep me going until I get home from work at 3.30pm. Then will prob have some porridge or meat or something. I am still LVP123 by the way, I can only get onto that profile via my phone as have forgotten my password - DOH!

Hi there!

Hope youre ok!

JUDDD is a fab plan to follow!
I have 424 on a DD and 2122 on an UP day :)

Hope you're ok!

Ruth
X

bajoleth said:
I actually prefer not eating at all or just having something light at teatime, if I start earlier I find I get hungry, I don't get hungry if I don't eat ?

I might sound silly here... But just wondering if you mean you don't eat anything on your down days and just get your down day calorie intake from fluids?

Luv2BSlim said:
I might sound silly here... But just wondering if you mean you don't eat anything on your down days and just get your down day calorie intake from fluids?

Hi Luv2BSlim!

Some folks try to have as little as possible on a DD. The range goes from 0 calories (i.e., just water on DDs) to 800 calories for some on a DD. Many folks stay at the 500cal mark. It depends on what you personally can cope with. I think most of us find that first DD pretty tough, but honestly, they get easier over time - you even start looking forward to them!

I have been doing juddd for 7 weeks now and as Lily says they get easier, so I started eating later and later in the day, listening to my body and eating only when I was hungry and I found that I wasn't actually hungry, so I find it easier just to drink tea, coffee, water and zero cal pop. Juddd is a version of alternate day 'fasting' fasting is totally acceptable on an alternate day basis. That doesn't mean that you have to of course ;)

Thank you Lily and Bajoleth for clearing that up for me. I didn't know that you could do that (I guess I need to read the book?). I thought you had to meet your down day calories as well as your up day calories.

No you can eat as little as you like, try not to go over your allowance ;)

Back