weight loss

hi

what am i doing wrong, sticking to the diet 100% having 3 packs a day and 2 litres of water and last 2 week (been on diet for 4 weeks) and have only lost 2lb.
Its too expensive to have such a low weight loss each week, any suggestions?

Try upping your water, I drink 5 liters a day & doing great. xx

Hi turquoise17,

I would hazard a guess that your body weight is near enough your own healthy BMI or under it.:confused:

If this is the case you will not lose weight or if you do very slowly if you are SSing as the body will go into starvation mode and hang onto its fat reserves.

You need to move up a plan if this is not the case then I think you should have a chat with your CDC who most lightly will advise you to see your Doctor to have your thyroid check out.

Love Mini xxx

PLEASE NOTE THAT CAMBRIDGE RECOMMEND A MINIMUM OF 2.25 LITRES A DAY WHEN ON THE DIET. DRINKING TOO MUCH WATER CAN BE DANGEROUS AND HENCE AS WITH ANY MEDICAL QUERY YOU SHOULD CHECK WITH YOU GP FOR HIS/HER ADVICE ON HOW MUCH WATER IS GOOD FOR YOU.

Posted by Icemoose who is a CDC.

Hey hun, what is your weight and bmi now?

I was losing it slow too, 1-2 pound a week and stickign to it 100% but i drank min 4 litres of water a day. I think it's cus my body is closer to bmi.

but could be a number of things...

I started ss+ and lost more, then back too ss again..

now am on ss (first day restart today)..

defintly up your water intake :)

It certainly wouldn't hurt to 'up' your water.

Did you have a particular high weightloss the first two weeks? Are you close to the 14lbs average loss a month, even though the last two weeks have been lower?

Sometimes if people lose lots in the first couple of weeks, there's a slowing on week 3.

Great thing is, it can pick up again, and just keep coming off at the 3-3.5lbs a week until you get to goal :clap:

I am 15stone 6lb so definately not at the weight I should be, BMI IS 33, SO UP THE WATER?

When increasing your water consumption bear in mind the recommendations of Cambridge Diet which you can read in this email MaryA received from Head Office when she wrote to them concerning water consumption.

Too much water intake can be dangerous and lead to water intoxication.

I asked my CDC to send the following question to Cambridge on my behalf. Underneath is their reply.

Question:- "I am aware CD recommend a minimum of 4 pints of water per day. I see on various forums many CDCs advocating 4 - 6 litres or more per day. Do Cambridge endorse this? As CDCs are actively suggesting this quantity, saying "The more you drink the more you shrink" is there any scientific proof that this is beneficial?"

Reply:-
"As far as the water is concerned, we have no connection with that
phrase, as I am sure you are aware, the forum chat is not endorsed by
the company.
We recommend a minimum of two and a half litres daily, when using any
programme, particularly sole source.
However, once established on the diet, it is perfectly acceptable to
consume three to four litres daily.
Some people, particularly those who were drinking large amounts before
dieting, can drink more than that without any problems.
Everyone's requirement is different.
The thing to remember is to drink the water regularly throughout the
day.
It is not a good idea to go for long periods of the day without
drinking, and then consume large amounts

Try upping your water, I drink 5 liters a day & doing great. xx

Having re read this PLEASE DON'T up your water to 5 litres like I drink, as such a huge jump will certainly not do you any good! Talk it through with your CDC they are there to help you. Good luck xx

Hi - be careful and don't drink too much water - there have been some horror stories in the news recently about too much water on other diets. Is it TOTM or just been - some people have said that this either affects their weightloss that week or week after
keep going and good luck

I've only lost 2lb this week too (week 3).

Clothes definitely looser though so am hopefully losing inches though not pounds. Must get a tape measure :)

Keep plodding on. I am, in the hope the scales fairy will be kinder next week.

Keep it up hun, it might just be water rentention, or like others have said not drinking the advised amount. Anyways good luck for your next WI.

If you look at my weight loss I have only ever really lost small amounts - I just think that a lot of it depends on your start weight etc.. I have decided to stick at it until my BMI is 30 and if I'm still only losing 2-3lbs a week I will consider eating again (the right foods of course) and exercise xx

Back