Induction Weight not shifting!

locket

I've been doing Atkins now for 12 days after doing Dukan for 8 months. Problem is I'm not losing any weight despite sticking to the diet religiously, apart from a run-in I had with an Atkins bar. I drink loads of liquids, eat all my fat, I weigh all my carbs and read the label of everything I eat. I KNOW there are no sneaky carbs in my diet cos I make sure of it. I also don't drink sodas of any type. All this and yet my weight is the same today as 12 days ago. I did lose 2lbs then my weight came back. I only want to lose another stone but, for some reason, this weight isn't shifting on this diet.
I'd appreciate it if someone could cast some light on the matter, I'm VERY frustrated.

From your stats it seems you are already a very healthy weight. Did you stall at Dukan so thought trying Atkins might unstall you? I wonder if your body is just happy where it is and reluctant to go lower. I'm sure in time you could let go of more weight, but perhaps you would have to be quite persistent to achieve another stone loss.

12 days is not really enough time to give Atkins especially since you are so close to goal. I'd try it for a least a month then reevaluate.

The one Atkins bar could stall you for a whole week after you ate it as lots of people get on here so that could explain 7 of your 12 days.

How many carbs are you eating as with only 14 pounds to loose you will not loose them quickly on Atkins even if you are very low carb. Maybe a pound every other week speed for your last bit of weight to shift I read. Also don't forget to measure you may still be loosing inches but not weight towards the end.

Just remember Atkins is a way of eating not a quick weight loss diet and stick with it :)

I myself stall a lol but it's just a case of tweaking a Atkins to you.

I think, for me, low-carb certainly is a way of life. Be it Dukan or Atkins. I did stall on Dukan but I've discovered, in retrospect, that there's far too many carbs on Dukan (you're allowed up to 1kg/ litre of dairy a day).
Atkins is a little stricter, and for me, the the stricter the diet, the better. That way you know if you're doing something wrong.
I intend to keep going with this for a while longer before I decide that it's definitely not working for me, I was just getting frustrated as I was reading of everybody else's fantastic losses and I was seeing no results.
I think I'll keep going on induction for a further 2 weeks but introduce nuts etc back into my diet. I just hope I don't start going backwards.

Hey Locket, good to see you on the Atkins boards. Did you come straight across from dukan or have a break in between? If you came straight across you're probably not seeing any immediate loss because your body is adjusting to the new eating pattern.

On Dukan, a small slip up can stall or make you gain, right? I see people on that board being told that eating ham could have stalled them for a week, or who gain from eating Philly extra light.

So imagine if, while on dukan, you ate all the things allowed on Atkins for a day! I think many people would expect a stall or gain.

Your body needs to learn that this is it's new way of eating now and switch to burning fat - especially if you weren't in ketosis on dukan as I imagine most aren't. People think the two diets are interchangeable but really the only thing they have in common is a need to eat lots of meat.

Dukan is high protein, low fat, Atkins is high fat, medium protein.

So

Make sure you've dropped all your dukan habits . Make sure you are eating no yogurt, no skimmed milk but plenty of butter and cream.

No oat bran.

Make sure you're eating plenty of fat, protein at every meal and green leafy veg.

Make sure you're eating a decently high calorie level, 1200 daily at least.

What's probably happened is that you had a gain when you started Atkins and have now dropped that - which is a good start! Hopefully the scales will be going down soon.

Do be careful with the nuts. I would suggest no more than 30g a day and make sure you count the carbs.

Why not start a diary and post your daily menus? You sound determined and that's all you really need.

Good luck!

Thank you everybody for your great advice and support. It really helps if you have people behind you.
Moonlights- what u say makes perfect sense. I did move straight across from Dukan but I made sure none of my Dukan habits followed me. And, to be honest, I NEVER want to see plain yoghurt again.
I've been "feasting" on butter, oils, full-fat meats, low carb mayo, cheese and all the other yummy Atkins essentials I've been missing out on for almost a year.
I'm determined to lose this last stone and I know I won't be able to do it eating carbs, I now realise what a devastating effect too many carbs (and the wrong carbs) can have on keeping my weight down and, more importantly, keeping it stable.
I really must start a diary, you're right. I will do it this weekend. It's always so nice reading other people's diaries tho. I'm afraid my life isn't as interesting or amusing but bear with me.
Thank you again everybody. Great advice and tips.

Back