weight war... oh its on!!!

littlemissspendthrift

impossible is nothing
Well i thought i would add my little diary on here so its another persons ramblings for you all to read :)

went to the doctor back in march about my weight issues and asked if i could try xenical after doing some research on it here. to my surprise he perscribed it for a month and told me to see how i got on... well... i didnt really do that well - as in i forgot to keep taking them!! what a plank!

still.. i went back and he was very understanding and gave me another months worth.. so now.. no d!cking about!! i dont think he will quite so understanding if i go back in a month and tell him i keep forgetting, and havent lost anything or much at all!

i have got me one of those tablet organisers for the day, and i have done a meal plan to stop me choosing bad foods. and my colleagues at work have been having a right old buffet with all the 'junk food' that i have cleared out my cupboard and brought in (many bags of crisps and biscuits!).:D

Im doing the rosemary conley low GI plan as i have tried it before and it works for me. plus i suffer with insulin resistance which has helped pile my weight on, so its a good meal plan for me. some of her recipes are a little faffy but i just improvise... plus her books these days actually have the meal plans in which tell you what to eat which is great. if someone tells me what to eat, ill usually stick to it. if i get given the choice its normally.. ooooh chocolate cake for tea!!!! yes please... hence why weight watchers doesnt really work for me. if i can have my points for the day in the form of a pizza .. i will. naughty me!

anyway i just wanted to say hi and introduce you to my journey.... which hopefully i wont get lost on...to a smaller and healthier me.

Hi! good luck with xenical!! :)

thankyou both!
i love the idea of xenical as its just an extra push in the willpower stakes. which trust me.. i need!

well i seem to have an issue with stayin good with food all day. yeah.. i cant even last a day. i seem to be brilliant all day at work.. planned meals, sticking to them, making i get plenty of water etc etc..but when i get home.. ooooh i just eat bad stuff!!! naughty me! the only saving grace this week is that i have been to the gym 3 times!
i didnt pass out, but my god.. sooo unfit. i used to go a fair bit 12 months ago.. and altho i was no athelete, i could manage 10 mins on a rower with ease and do some running.. now im finding walking hard. prob due to adding more weight to my already obese frame.. but its not good. but i pushed on and managed 30 mins of cardio and then 15 mins of weights. so im going to keep that up for about 3 weeks and then try and up it to 45 mins of cardio. small steps.... dont try and run before you can walk. and i think at this stage, if i try and run im going to shatter my knee joints!

anyway have decided that tomorrow im going to cook a load of meals, calorie and fat count them, and then freeze them, so i have all i need to stop munching rubbish in the evening. it helps that im now skint until payday as well.. so even if i wanted junk food, i cant have it!!!!

Well i thought i would add my little diary on here so its another persons ramblings for you all to read :)

went to the doctor back in march about my weight issues and asked if i could try xenical after doing some research on it here. to my surprise he perscribed it for a month and told me to see how i got on... well... i didnt really do that well - as in i forgot to keep taking them!! what a plank!

still.. i went back and he was very understanding and gave me another months worth.. so now.. no d!cking about!! i dont think he will quite so understanding if i go back in a month and tell him i keep forgetting, and havent lost anything or much at all!

i have got me one of those tablet organisers for the day, and i have done a meal plan to stop me choosing bad foods. and my colleagues at work have been having a right old buffet with all the 'junk food' that i have cleared out my cupboard and brought in (many bags of crisps and biscuits!).:D

Im doing the rosemary conley low GI plan as i have tried it before and it works for me. plus i suffer with insulin resistance which has helped pile my weight on, so its a good meal plan for me. some of her recipes are a little faffy but i just improvise... plus her books these days actually have the meal plans in which tell you what to eat which is great. if someone tells me what to eat, ill usually stick to it. if i get given the choice its normally.. ooooh chocolate cake for tea!!!! yes please... hence why weight watchers doesnt really work for me. if i can have my points for the day in the form of a pizza .. i will. naughty me!

anyway i just wanted to say hi and introduce you to my journey.... which hopefully i wont get lost on...to a smaller and healthier me.

Hi, and welcome i have been on xenical and following weight watchers as it works for me for the last two and a half weeks and so far i have lost 7 and 3/4 lbs which is great i feel the xenical are really helping as it does make you think before u eat or u could have the side effects mmm, anyway good luck and stay focused:D

thanks hun!

have kept myself busy today so i havent had time to think about food. so a good day for me. gonna start listing my food on here i think so its even more motivation to stay on the straight and narrow. im sure seeing it in black and white makes you realise how much rubbish you eat.

Hi all i've also just started on Xenical and am really exited bout it, done well so far but i'm only on day 5 so fingers crossed we'll all do great and beat this flab!! x

good plan! i find it helpful to list what i eat.

wow havent posted for so long... ! havent been doing well, as i just have this issue with remembering to take the pills and it dont help that i really hate taking tablets! but im making a concerted effort this week to try and get into the habit of it - even if i eat badly.. (hopefully the side effects will stop me from doing it again).

i have been ill the last couple of days which means i havent actually been eating much, but then i havent been moving much either!

today, feeling slightly better, im having a good day in relation to food.

Breakfast: Baked bean snap pot
1 slice of wholegrain bread
2 mattesons turkey rashers

i was really hungry so i thought i would have a bigger breakfast, and I then intend to have a slimfast shake or a small tin of soup for lunch (dont like lunch much), just to keep me going. then planning on having super low fat chicken sweet and sour, with plenty of veg, and rice or noodles.

not bad really for what i used to eat in the past. it helps that im still trying to clear out the freezer and cupboards at the moment so im limited to what i can eat... (its all healthy stuff in my freezer and cupboards and i refuse to buy more food til i have cleared it out!).

im also making an effort to drink more as at the min i seem to have been surviving on the odd cup of tea and the odd glass of squash here and there, which cant be doing me any favours.

anyway, HOPEFULLY i will come and update this tomorrow with another good day. i really feel more positive about it all - even tho i hate taking tablets! :D

Back