weight watchers chips?

Gemma1986

Im just me!
Tonight i was going to make my own ww chips cut a potatoe up and put in the over with frylite,do you no if i need to boil them first?

If I make them, I parboil the potoates, drain them and make sure they are dry (otherwise you end up with soggy mess), spray a tray with frylight, put it in the oven for 5 mins, then put the potatoes on the tray, spray the pots with frylight and bake until they are done to your consistency (I like mine quite well done so do mine for a good 35 mins). The best frylight to use for chips in my opinion is the buttery one.

Is frylight 0 points then? I have never used it really but these chips sound YUMMY!!!! Then you just have to weigh the potatoes and point that I guess?

Thanks Gem and Lydia :)

Mmm i love making my own chips! and i agree about the buttery frylight ... ;) somthing else which is nice! is ... do the potatos .. slice up a pepper to to add to the bulk! .. then when almost cooked make a well and break an egg into it and put back in oven for a couple of minutes! ......... LOVELY
When i do this i have it with some WW spag and a couple rashers of bacon mmmmmm mmmmm

Frylight is zero points yes so just point the pots, or of course if you are following the old Core plan then they are free!!

My little tip is to add something like garlic salt or paprika. Yum yum. Or even just normal salt, it draws the moisture out of the skin making them go nice and crispy.

Mmmm paprika would be gorgeous

Hmm i like to use my WW spray thingy put your fave oil in it-ie garlic,chilli oil.

I spray the raw spud sprinkle with salt and turn over during cooking.
i love sweet pot chips this way too,they dont go very crispy though.
xx

Back