weightloss brings problems

mrtc

When i was young and slim, my other half would go mad, as it would take ages for me to get ready to go out.

I used to take so much care in my hair/clothes etc, ive never been a pretty boy but i just liked to look my best.

Well after i got 22, that all stopped, my weight went through the ceiling.

Anyway since ive lost some weight, ive bought all new clothes and have started to try and look my best but this is causing huge rows,

It took me an hour to decide what to wear and get dressed just to go out shopping.

Anyone found that since theyve lost weight, theyve started to try and dress nicer?

Yep I have, but ive found its because I have a lot more choice in clothes then I used to. I have never been slim, so was dressed as a child in whatever fit, and now im more of a conventional size i love the choice in clothes I can now wear :)

That's a problem I'd be only too pleased to have :) (but then I haven't got an other half to upset!)

Even though I'm half way I have just bought a load new clothes, think it's only natural to want to look better in what we wear when we feel/look better in our selfs.

I think because youve lost weight you tend to take more pride in your apperance becuase you did a lot of hard work to get where you are now. I personally think that they should understand this as losing weight is hard work, so they should want you to be happy and take pride in yourself!

My poor partner, just been round the shops in chester, it took so long trying decide what to buy, am propper skint now, but bought some lovely clothes.

Thunk my hubby would love it if I would take as much time as him to get ready to go out haha

Tom I'll be coming to you for some fashion tips when I get there then lol

Erm I'm not sure if I have any idea on what's in fashion, I've just bought a sherlock style coat, much to the amusement of my partner.

He says it looks rediculous, but I love it.

ooh, he's wrong - sherlock-style coats are very cool at the moment.

anyway, i'm finding it the other way round. when i was a size 24 it took hours to get ready as i'd have to try loads of outfits, spend ages on my hair etc, to compensate for the disadvantage of my weight. Now I'm more confident that I look good in most of my outfits, and i don't have to try so hard with my hair and makeup etc.

Still takes a fair while, mind - but less than it used to. However - i start getting ready early and i never make my partner go shopping with me: tips for domestic bliss.

much more fun to go on your own, surely?

I still throw on whatever is clean and ironed and head out

Main problem for me has been...trousers/jeans

I had a large (for me) waist and was wearing 34 inch trousers/jeans etc...and even those were getting tight on me...

So over the last couple of years all my trousers/jeans etc where 34 ish.

Now, im a 30/32 inch waist and all my trousers etc are literally like tents on me ;) so ive had to buy a new wardrobe effectively

With all the hype i expected rock bottom prices, but even on boxing day, i found the decent stuff was still expencive, most of the sale stuff was either huge or tiny sizes, it was all the stuff they havent sold,

Well done trw, although im pretty gelous as i wish i was as tall as you, with me being small, any weight i carry shows loads

Hey mrct

It shows on me too, because im not a big frame at all..

i was upto 196lbs which doesnt sound huge for my height..

but with my frame, 168 or under is ideal really, and i had all the double chins, fat backside, beer belly etc.

As for clothes, well yeah i wasnt overly impressed with them, picked up some cheap jeans in the 'next' sales...but for work gear i resorted to.....asda lol.

Back