Weightloss is bad for your pocket

chele80

On a mission
I currently resemble a bag lady. All my clothes now hang off me and I've tried on some lovely clothes this afternoon but we're so skint.

I've bought a few necessities recently, like jeans, from Sainsburys and got a top yesterday from Asda as I quite like some supermarket clothes, but I just really want so many nice things I saw today including a lovely top in Monsoon for Xmas parties but at £55 I can't bring myself to spend that much on something I'll only wear a few times.

Im back in my old wardrobe so technically have enough options to make do the next 6 weeks (not really for xmas parties tho) or so but then I get into territory I've not been in for 15 years so will def need new clothes then.

I've asked for money for Xmas and mt birthday is in april when I hope to be at target.

I know I'm prob not alone but just wanted to vent and grumble.

I need to win the lottery!!!

Could you try ebay? Iknow you can get some really good bargins on there! I wish I had all the money in the world to buy clothes and shoes and handbags...I am saving for goal ;) x

ive bought stuff on ebay to do me on the way down and i wear stuff till its falling off ( ive been wearing a size 24 dress thats gotten to the point of indecency recently, lol )

at goal i think i will be getting the basics from the supermarkets/primark etc and save up to get one nice item a month

Hi Chele, I believe there's a clothes swap stickie on the forum too. Might be worth a look? :)

charity shops are fab, or tk Maxx is pretty cheap too. Love Peacocks as well

I hear ya!! I have been treating myself to (too many) lovely going out clothes and shoes. But for everyday I'm stuck with one pair of black trousers, now too big, a couple of pairs of leggings and various vests and cardigans. After weeks of spending..lol I've now curbed it, and apart from essentials I don't intend to splurge until I'm at goal. I love, love shopping now because there is so much choice for me.

He he, it's funny that I can moan about this now really isn't it

Off to hunt in ebay, as never really looked before x

Back