weighy watcher or slimming world??

donna83

Hi, just joined this site to see if anybody can help me!
Need a weighy loss plan & don't know if I should try weight watchers or slimming world? Or if there is anything else out there that works! Any feedback would be great! X

Hi Donna,

Welcome to minimins, I havent been here long but the support and ideas I have found here are really great. I am following Slimming World and have found it really easy to stick to and have lost 7 1/2 pounds in my first 3 weeks. I find that it is the best plan I have done so far as you dont have to count calories or points during the day but I know some people like the point counting as it helps themselves to keep in check.

Good luck with your weight loss journey.

Charley

I have done both. Weight watchers and slimming world. I first did slimming world 15 years ago and lost 2 and a half stone in 4 months. I put it back on and then went with weight watchers but only managed to lose 10 pounds and put it back on. I have now gone back to slimming world. Find it much easier to do and stick too and have more energy doing this diet. Lost 5 pounds in the last 4 weeks. I would never go back to weight watchers now. whatever you decide GOOD LUCK!

I have been following slimming world but have been looking at the weightwatchers frozen meals and deserts for t quick and easy occasionally is there any way to compare the pro points to syns?

Slimming world is the only diet I have done and have lost 3 stone from march to July. I am now maintaining. It fits into my lifestyle, I can eat out,drunk alcohol, no measuring and choose how much and what to eat every day so I would recommend it.

Hi

Personal choice is slimmng world you can eat more and it doesnt really involve a lot of weighing and counting. slimming world has a seven day menu idea on their websitre which is handy to see how much you can eat and what. carla x

I used to go to a group but now I'm doing it by myself (and with minimins!!) If you never done it before I would say it's worth doing it online if you can't get to a group, at least until you get the hang of the plan (which won't take long). Also make use of everyone on here because minimins is a brilliant support network.

I do green days which lets me eat lots of pasta, rice etc, I'm not a big meat eater, but you could do red days if you're more a meat person are Extra Easy which is the current plan and gives you the best of both worlds.

Hope this helps, any questions just ask I'll try to answer them.

Ive been on slimming world since the start of October last year and ive lost over 50lbs and im a stone away from target. Its the only diet thats ever worked for me and its not so much a diet...its a way of life. I can still eat things like steak and chips...its just how i cook them. I can still ahve my choccie fix a day...long as i stay within my "syns". I fully recommend it!! xxx

Guess it's slimming world then!! Sounds alot easier than ww, what's with the red & green days everybody is going on about??xx

donna83 said:
Guess it's slimming world then!! Sounds alot easier than ww, what's with the red & green days everybody is going on about??xx

I actually found WW a lot easier and way more flexible than sw.

Also just wondering about weekly shop!? Has anybodys gone up in cost since using sw? Or struggling to get hold of anything they need?

There are 3 plans on SW the original red and green days. Red being meat centred and limiting things like rice, pasta, pots etc. Green allowing you all the pasta, rice, potatoes etc you like but limiting meat intake. There is also the extra easy plan which allows you the best of both but encourages you to eat more free foods like fruit and veg. Hope that makes sense!

Back