Weird taste in mouth...

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Treefrog, 12 February 2007 Social URL.

1. Treefrog

Treefrog slimmer...

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(34.59%)
    Diet:
    sensible and veggie
    Sorry for all the questions, but in the last couple of days I've noticed a fairly unusual taste at the back of my throat. It's quite chemically but doesn't feel bad or hurt in any way. I know that ketosis can cause you to expel ketones in your breath, is that what I'm tasting?

/hopeful

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mags1x

mags1x mags

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Bit of this bit of that
    yes, thats all it is, it can give you bad breath too (not everyone) most people get used to it after a while, but if you keep drinking it seems to put it away in me.

You can also use mouthwash or the gold spot mouthspray if you do get bad breath.

Happy Days!

Mags
    xxx

4. fitz

fitz Lovin it !!! :)

Hi
    Yes it is normal - not pleasant but normal - my feeling is that I have eaten tissue and an incredible thirst- even though I am constantly drinking - I just put it down to the fact that it means the diet is working !!!
    My cdc gave me some mint things that you can put on your tongue and they dissolve - when I did LL a few years back I had 1 of those gold spot spray things - worth a try if it bothers you.
    Good Luck
    Bev

5. Treefrog

Treefrog slimmer...

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(34.59%)
    Diet:
    sensible and veggie
    Woohoo, I'm in ketosis! :) Yeah, I feel thirsty all the time even though I'm drinking constantly. WI tomorrow, can't wait...

6. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Ketosis can affect people with bad breath, feeling cold, but on the plus side means you are burning fat and don't feel hungry.

Great news for you!

7. gaijingirl

gaijingirl has lying hips

Diet:
    LL
    YAY! Go Treefrog.. really looking forward to your WI tomorrow! Did you not have a "pop in session" or have I missed that?

8. Treefrog

Treefrog slimmer...

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(34.59%)
    Diet:
    sensible and veggie
    There was one but I was down in London and missed it, naughty Froggy! Didn't feel that I really needed it though, the only time I've felt less than positive was last night and that didn't last long...

9. Pixie

Pixie Silver Member

Yeah its gross isn't it?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.