Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi yesterdays syns were better got 11 but that was only because i was doing a red day and forgot corn wasn't free so had to add 7 syns lol at least it put my syn count up lol, today i haven't had any yet so think its going to be another low syn day, have eaten load though but has all been free or hex!

Ohhh i love chinese its my fave! if you going then choose something like chicken chow mein or beef and mushroom with boiled rice they are lower in syns, just stay away from deep fried, fried rices and sweet sauces they are loaded with syns! do you have the mag this month? there is a great article about what to eat when you are in a chinese restaurant, i will look it up if you want if you don't have it xxxx

Its hard isn't it these syns? Just too scared lol. I have the magazine somewhere but just looked at their menu and everything is fried to within an inch of his life!!!!! Might have to super speed all day and cross my fingers - I love Chinese too and not sure i have the will power to resist :break_diet:

Rachel xx

Hello.. I'm about to join my local class. Was looking at doing it online but thought £60 a bit steep. Might as well go face the music instead. Thing is I don't eat meat. Eat fish in very small quantities though. Would I be on green all the time? I'm not familiar with the diet but from what I have read it looks as though you don't go hungry yay :D I lost a lot of weight on the Cambridge Diet two years ago but it's creeping back and I'm feeling out of control. Don't really want to go the VLCD route again if I can help it.

Dolls x:)

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I'm Tasha and 22 from Ireland!

Just joined Slimming World 2 weeks ago and was delighted with a 4lb weight loss in my first week but when I stayed the same this week, I was really disappointed and realised I needed more support and discipline during the week so I searched for a Slimming World forum and here i am on minimins!

Really excited to be part of the community here! :)

Its hard isn't it these syns? Just too scared lol. I have the magazine somewhere but just looked at their menu and everything is fried to within an inch of his life!!!!! Might have to super speed all day and cross my fingers - I love Chinese too and not sure i have the will power to resist :break_diet:

Rachel xx

How did it go rachel? xxx

Hi everyone! I'm Tasha and 22 from Ireland!

Just joined Slimming World 2 weeks ago and was delighted with a 4lb weight loss in my first week but when I stayed the same this week, I was really disappointed and realised I needed more support and discipline during the week so I searched for a Slimming World forum and here i am on minimins!

Really excited to be part of the community here! :)

Welcome! you will love it here and will find all the motivation and support you need! xxx

Hello.. I'm about to join my local class. Was looking at doing it online but thought £60 a bit steep. Might as well go face the music instead. Thing is I don't eat meat. Eat fish in very small quantities though. Would I be on green all the time? I'm not familiar with the diet but from what I have read it looks as though you don't go hungry yay :D I lost a lot of weight on the Cambridge Diet two years ago but it's creeping back and I'm feeling out of control. Don't really want to go the VLCD route again if I can help it.

Dolls x:)

Hi welcome, you could probably still do extra easy even though you don't eat meat, hope you are finding your way around xxx

Hi to all ... after beeing on WW for 2 years and loseing 4 stone, i have decied that i need a change, so here i am :) .. looking forward to meeting new friends x

Hi im new here. Ive been doing sw on my own since january and uptill now ive managed to lose 18lbs. I had a baby last year in may and put on 5st making my weight at 9 months preg 18stone. Ive managed to lose almost all of it and only need to lose another 5lbs. Im going on holiday in august and would like to lose another 19lbs taking me down to 12 stone.
I usually stick to the ee plan which i love and occasionally ill do the odd green day. Im loving sw and im getting on quite well with it untill it gets to the weekend when my and my dh like to have a few drinks in the evening which gives me the munchies and i end up eating loads of crisp sandwiches. Ive recently taken up zumba and running but im having a week off this week due to a back injury.
Hoping to get lots if tips and recipie ideas from the forum and look forward to chatting with you all :0)

Re: Welcome to Newbies 2012 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi everyone starting sw from home today - couldn't face a group!
Have been doing ww and tfr and off for years with little success cos I am always hungry!
Anyway here's to what I hope might be successful!
Feel free to add me as a friend - I'm 33, have 3 kids, I'm in Scotland nr Broxburn in West Lothian and have around 5st to lose!
So don't be shy to say hi! I'd be glad of the company! Lol - good luck all x

Hi everyone starting sw from home today - couldn't face a group!
Have been doing ww and tfr and off for years with little success cos I am always hungry!
Anyway here's to what I hope might be successful!
Feel free to add me as a friend - I'm 33, have 3 kids, I'm in Scotland nr Broxburn in West Lothian and have around 5st to lose!
So don't be shy to say hi! I'd be glad of the company! Lol - good luck all x

Hi!!! I'm also doing SW from home and finding some fab ideas and info on here. I've also tried it before on and off before but this time it just seems to have clicked. I'm aiming for 2 stone off before my hols end of Aug,with a view to losing 5 stone in total as well. Good luck and here we go loll!! :)

Yeah I think I have got my head around it this time too - just got to keep my naughty sweet tooth in check!!!!! :)

Hi everyone!!

I've done every diet going from the grapefruit diet, WW, Rosemary Con to the drastic TFR diet! Each time hoping for a 'quick fix'. Since the start of the year I've managed to lose 3stone. However since returning from an All Inclusive holiday in April I've lost the plot. So 4 weeks and 9.5lbs later, I've gave myself a good talking to and joined my local SW Group. I've worked so hard to lose that 3 stone to put it all back on and I still have a long way to go to be where I want. I'm hoping that SW will be something I can continue long term as I realise that when I do lose my weight, I cant go back to my old eating habits.

My weigh in day is on a Tuesday so will post on that thread to let you know how I have got on in my first week.

Good luck everyone on your SW journey. We can do it! :)

How did it go rachel? xxx

So so Lynne

It was a buffet so not like I could just ask for certain things. There was only fried rice so just had a little bit. Didn't have any prawn toast, pancake rolls or sweet and sour balls. Laid off all fried or thick sauces and stayed on the oyster/black bean and drained most off. Still had a lovely evening, was good for the rest of the week holding back every day on syns and lost 2.5lbs.

im struggling a bit this week - just seem to be going through a real social time after nothing for ages lol. Still wont give up as a wedding dress to get into!!!!!
How are things with you Lynne - still going well for you?
Love Rachel x

Hi all

Started SW just over a week ago and lost 9lb in my first weigh in! Absolutely gobsmacked as I've spent the best part of 35 years calorie counting and only managed to put on more and more weight each time.

My brothers recommended SW to me - one has lost four stone to reach his target and is struggling with maintaining, but only because he keeps losing more weight! My other two brothers have both lost just shy of three stone each. You may have guessed by now that we're a big family lol.

I can't believe you can eat so much lovely food and still lose weight on SW. During my calorie counting days I often fell into the trap of eating very little during the day and saving all my calories to eat crap food in the evening. Now I eat plenty during the day and find that I'm not looking for the sweets, chocolates and crisps that I used to.

I've wholeheartedly embraced the SW way of eating - the healthy food I'm packing away is a revelation to me. I've enjoyed it so much over the last 10 days or so, the only difficulty is finding enough time to browse the books and website to find the lovely syn-free recipes, there just aren't enough meals in the week for everything I want to cook!

Anyway, here I am. TauntonLady, with more than 10 stone to lose - not set a final target yet as I'm not sure where I want to be at the end of this journey. Anyone else want to get on the weight loss bus with me? :)

So so Lynne

It was a buffet so not like I could just ask for certain things. There was only fried rice so just had a little bit. Didn't have any prawn toast, pancake rolls or sweet and sour balls. Laid off all fried or thick sauces and stayed on the oyster/black bean and drained most off. Still had a lovely evening, was good for the rest of the week holding back every day on syns and lost 2.5lbs.

im struggling a bit this week - just seem to be going through a real social time after nothing for ages lol. Still wont give up as a wedding dress to get into!!!!!
How are things with you Lynne - still going well for you?
Love Rachel x

Thats great rachel! sound like you made good choices with what you had! When i go to the buffet chinese up here its the same no boiled rice and everything fried! so we don't go very often, i prefer my local restaurant where they are much more accommodating! CONGRATS! on the 2.5lbs thats awesome! All well here with me, still going strong, making the most of my determination just now in case it goes lol xxx

Hi Everyone,
have just joined this forum and wanted to introduce myself before I just went through it. My name is Vicki and I have been a Slimming World member since January 2012. Due to personal problems my weigh keeps going up and down but over the last year and a bit I have managed to keep off 2st 1/2lb so I am now back at my lowest and determined that nothing else is going to get in the way. I do attend group each week but found this forum and thought it would be wonderful to find other people to talk to during the week as most of my group do post on their facebook page but I find that very unhelpful, e.g. someone makes something low syn, puts a picture of it on facebook and then says the reciepe is too nice and they don't want to share, so I find the facebook very unhelpful.

But enough about that and about me, just wanted to say hi....

Vicki x

hello

Hi everyone I joined slimming world in November but stopped going in march just cause I can no longer make class, so I plucked up the courage to get on my wii scales and start again was delighted to have actually lost 7lbs since last weigh in! So im back on the wagon and hopefully going to fet 5stone off x

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit late saying hi here as I joined the site a few days ago, but this is the first time I came into SW forum. I'm loving this diet, lost 13.5lbs in my first two weeks so it must be working!

Hello to you! and Wow! you are doing fantastic lolly!

Back