Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

and if anyone has alternatives to Quark that doesn't taste like sour milk, i'd be very greatful! i really can't stomach it, and not sure where to look :S

Hi all, I'm Naomi, I have said hello in the main bit already but thought I would come and say hi and give a little introduction in here too! I have joined up today to hopefully get some kinda motivation to lose my weight I have been fighting with for the last few years. I have started on the slimming world diet again this week and hopefully I am going to stick to it this time with the extra easy plan looking as easy as it sounds! I am being a bridesmaid for my friend in July so need to lose around 2-3 stone before then and anything else after that will be brilliant!
Good luck everyone with your weight loss!

tigger462 said:
The search facility at the top doesn't work for me? even when i press site search it does a google search, i want to find the nandos thread! lol and hello all - slimming world newbie this year - did it last year and loved it, but new job meant i fell a bit off the wagon :(

Hi Tigger, underneath where you type in the search box there are two options; minimins search and google search. You need to select the button which says search this site or search minimins (I can't remember which it says as I'm on the iPad app) x

Hello everyone, I am a newbie and really glad I found this site. i joined Slimming World on Tuesday and am excited to see what my first weigh in will show. I lost 3 stone 3 years ago with another weight loss brand but unfortunately put nearly all of it back on. I am hoping by following this way of eating I can take it off again and keep it off. Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Hi Tigger, underneath where you type in the search box there are two options; minimins search and google search. You need to select the button which says search this site or search minimins (I can't remember which it says as I'm on the iPad app) x
I did that and it still goes to google search :(

hi im new :) i am really excited about slimming world, never actually done a 'branded' weight loss plan but ive been on that many diets that i thought that having to stand on scales in front of someone will spur me on not to cheat! i am a little worried as i havent been using many syns, am i less likely to lose weight by not using them?

Hi there! :)

I'm no expert but from what I can gather on here you should have no less than 5 syns per day.

As for the scales, there will be no need for you to get a set if you are being weighed at your meeting each week.

Good luck!

Hi,
my name is Bernadette and i'm new to minimins. I started SW back in June but messed around with it and never really got into it, i would lose one week and gain the next, by the beginning of November i was back to my starting weight and annoyed with myself for not sticking to it. I got my head around the plan and by xmas had lost 12lb's, over xmas i gained 1lb which i then lost 1/2lb the following week, since then i have maintained and to be honest come so far off the track i can no longer see it, i'm amazed i haven't put a load more weight back on and to be honest today i feel fatter so i think when i go to weigh in on Tuesday i'll be in for a shock but to be honest i think i need a shock to get me back on track. I would like to lose 104lb's in total so still have 92 and a half lb's to go, this year is going to be the year i am slim again, not just for me but for my children too they deserve to have a mum they can be proud of.
Good luck to you all xx

also i dont own scales at home, should i get some or leave it to just getting weighed at the meetings?

If you'll be tempted to jump on them every day and you haven't already got some, I wouldn't bother. If you go to group, that's the only WI that matters :)

Hia, im toots, joined slimming world the week before xmas and lost 4lb. Im hoping that hasnt all gone back on at the next weigh in. Ive started back on plan this morning, and im so excited about the new me 2012 is going to bring. Im 16.5 (was 16.9) and my first goal is to get to 14 and then ill see from there.

Good luck everyone x

Hi all

I'm a total newbie at this. Just joined SW. Diets are a first for me but it's about time!! I've got 3st to lose and mangaed to shift 3.5lb the first week. Fingers crossed for this week. I've loved it so far muller light is my bezzie when I feel tempted to snack. X

hi im new :) i am really excited about slimming world, never actually done a 'branded' weight loss plan but ive been on that many diets that i thought that having to stand on scales in front of someone will spur me on not to cheat! i am a little worried as i havent been using many syns, am i less likely to lose weight by not using them?

That's such a good questions. I'm tempted never to use them but cave in at supper time with a biscuit and a cuppa x

Well done Redlisa hopefully this will be the first of many good losses. You will be at your goal weight before you know it :)

Don't worry about caving in the syns are there to be taken so you won't feel as if you are missing out. The odd biscuit is fine as long as you syn it - enjoy!

Hi Guys

I have been going to classes on and off for the past three years. Haven't been in about a year. I had managed to loose three stone and was very happy with my weight. U haven't been to a class in about a year, and have put a wee bit back on. I have half a stone I want to take off, but can't join the class again as I don't have enough to loose!!!

Hi All, Just Restarted SW after a 3 and a half year break on 4th January and at weigh in on Wednesday lost 10 lb so hoping for at least 4 this week to get my stone award.

Plenty to lose weight wise but gonna be happy with any weight loss as it comes and not expect high numbers all the time

Re-joined tonight, are muller lights still free as i've noticed special k is now syn'd and not a healthy extra! eeeep! ( i only have the toffee and vanilla fat free ones) and a standard pasta sauce (tomato) is that 4 syns now? i haven't got the log-in pin for the website yet :(

Hello to one and all
Started Slimming World last night and really excited and hopeful that 2012 will be my year - fingers crossed!
I'm 40 in October and would love to be near or at goal.
Good luck to all SWers on your journey!
Tinax

Hi, I'm Lex and I'm an absolute slimming world newbie. Following everything online as I can't commit to a weekly meeting and finding everything a tad overwhelming. My printer already needs new ink from printing stuff off! Previously did WW for 10 months, best success was 4lbs in 5 months. Was not impressed. Hoping that SW will suit my body better when I get my noggin around it!

Hi, I'm Kally.

I rejoined SW yesterday. Joined originally about 2 years ago, lost 2 stone then faffed around until finally giving up last September.

Back here with new willpower and motivation and ready to let the world see the real me behind the blubber! :D

Back