Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hiya,

I'm Rach, joined SW last week.
I've found it all a bit confusing to get the food optimising sorted but must have done something right seeing as I've lost 4.5lb this wk!
Mega chuffed about that, just hoping to keep it up.

My mum joined as well so I've got a support buddy, she lost 3.5lb and I'm really chuffed for her too! :woohoo:

Hi,
Just joined today. Lost 2 & a half stone with Slimming World in the mid nineties, and maintained for a long time as a regular attender of a class. Now live in Switzerland where there are no classes, and gradually seeing my weight climb again, so thought I'd get my old books out & take it seriously again.

I considered joining SW online, but wasn't honestly sure about the value. I know I can be quite self-disciplined when I want to be, so thought I'd give it a go on my own.

I saw this forum & thought I'd join, as there seemed so much good stuff going on here.

Hi all

I did SW a few years ago and lots alot of weight but put it all back on after my grandpa died. So im back and more determined than ever!

This is my 3rd week back on track. Lost 3lb first week and sts last week.

I usually do green with a couple of EE days but this week im going to do a full week of EE to see if it makes any difference as i think i eat too much cheese!!!

Looking forward to getting to know you all xxxxxxx

Hi everyone. I'm going to start Slimming World this coming week as I've noticed my weight creeping up since becoming ill with a long-term condition that restricts exercise and will do for the foreseeable future.

I have always turned to emotional eating at difficult life stages but before I got ill I would counter-act this with plenty of exercise (and counselling).

I don't want to add weight-related health issues to the mix, so that is my motivation for joining. My long-term goal is to be able to exercise more frequently again but in the mean-time I think that Slimming World is the best approach to help put me back in control. I'm also hoping that the IMAGE Therapy will bring additional benefits.

So, that's my story... Looking forward to chatting with others on here.

Hello!

Started SW in October, after years of denial I think! Been going to a group with a friend of mine, but as she was my transport I've been missing weeks at a time when she's been away or unable to transport me. Still been sticking to the plan and losing (other than week 2 when I put on 2lb after an excellent week?! grr! lol) but it's been erratic.

So I went along to a closer group last thursday (on my own eek!) for my first weigh in since christmas... lost 3lb. So still happy :) Anyway, been lurking for a while, then joined and kinda lurked some more.. time to get posting!!

Welcome, TickingEwe. I am going to my first ever SW class next week all on my lonesome. I need to be a brave as you!

Well done for losing 3lbs, that's amazing.

Hi everyone,
I am thinking of starting slimming world... I've done WW in the past and lost successfully but have put some of it back on :eek:

I have started back on WW but am finding it much harder this time round, so thought I would give slimming world a go!

I want to go to a meeting but am very nervous, I've only got about 9lbs to lose and am worried that people will judge me.
Am I worrying about nothing?!

Thanks,
Lucy

Hi everyone,

I am Katie I'm 23 and new to the forum. I've thought about joining for a while now but never had the guts! - I'm rather shy haha.

I have been doing SW for a long time now on and off but never have found the willpower to stay stuck to it and have always ended up giving up and just getting bigger. I have been through a lot in the past few years but I try not to make excuses for my weight anymore..

I am now at a point in my life where I can either choose to stay this way and be unhappy with myself and end up regretting my life or I can grow the balls to do something about what I spend 99% of my life worrying/whinging about.

I thought I would join this forum to make some friends who are also on a journey similar to mine and meet people who understand how hard it is. I look at my self and wonder how the hell I let myself get to this. I have to let go of all regret and anger now though and just get on with it!!!

Up to now I have lost slightly over 3 st but struggling now to keep it up as the first three dropped off me and I seem to be stuck and lacking in motivation. I don't want to give up at the first hurdle any more, I want this time to be my real time. I've just moved into my own place so I am finding it extra hard so hopefully coming on here will help as I can't make it to groups.

Looking around I can't believe what you lot have achieved and still are achieving! I hope that I can share these life changing experiences with you all and make some friendships along the way.

Katie

xxxxxx

Well I'm not a total newbie as I was here in 2009........I fell off the wagon and gained a stone :sigh:
I started again on the 17th Jan so my first weigh in will be on Tuesday god I have been so good(the problem is staying good)
I will do it this time :angel:

Hi everyone,
I want to go to a meeting but am very nervous, I've only got about 9lbs to lose and am worried that people will judge me.
Am I worrying about nothing?!

Thanks,
Lucy

Hi Lucy,
I lost 2 & a half stones with SW originally, and then began to put weight on, so went back to class when I only had about half a stone to lose to get back to target (those were the days!). I found everyone welcoming & supportive. Don't worry!

Newbie!

Hi all,

I'm much more anxious about my first foray into the world of Forum's but literally every time i'm searching google for slimming world related things I find the answer on here! So thought I should join in!

I lost 19lbs in the run up to my Wedding last Aug on extra easy but the wieght has slowly started to creep back on . . . now have my Honeymoon in 6 weeks & my 30th birthday fast approaching! I really want 2012 to be the year I can feel great about myself again so good luck to everyone & I only hope I can also contribute useful nuggets of wisdom along the way! :p

"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail"

Hi all,
I'm new to Slimming World, joined just after Christmas, lost 6lbs so far which is a great relief. I've always followed WW before but couldn't get my head round it this time and kept putting on or sticking?! Never done SW before so delighted the weight is steadily coming off and the plan is really easy to stick to. Only another 5 stone to go but positive and hopeful for 2012!

hello

im new to slimming world! im looking to get down to 11stone. i have a way to go and i am looking for any advice and support! i am really enjoying SW recipes and look forward to reviewing them on minimins! good luck everyone
reganchel :p

Hi all.. I'm back to Slimming World after losing 3 stone a few years ago, weighed in for the first time on Wednesday. Can't wait to weigh in this week and see the start of my weight loss!

xxx

Hello everyone!
I've just this second joined MiniMins and have no idea what I'm doing! Rubbish with anything to do with technology so tips would be appreciated!
I joined SW a few weeks ago so I'm still finding my feet but the results have been fab so far... 11.5lbs in two weeks :)
I haven't set a goal yet but my other half has just gone on a 7 month deployment (Royal Navy) and I'm aiming to lose 3st by the time he comes home!
I want to welcome him home a whole lot smaller than when I waved him off ...fingers crossed!!

Hi everyone I am Trish, I joined sw 11.1.12 I am looking to lose 5 stone and get down into a size 12.....not been that for years :cry: looking forward to meeting people in the same situation to help each other with the ups and downs.

Trish x

Back