Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

New to this site and slimming world

Hi everyone

I've already introduced myself elsewhere (not sure where as still a bit confused by the different boards/threads).

Anyway, I'm 56 and sick of struggling to diet. I've been a member of ww a few times and lost a little here and there but think sw looks so much easier. I plan on joining on Wednesday morning.

I've had a bad year health wise, heart attack and stent and diagnosed sub clinically hypothyroid. I need to take myself in hand and lose weight and exercise more. Does anyone else pay for the gym and never go!

I'm looking forward to visiting you all and it'll be great to have an easily searchable reference site.

Jane

Hi all. I joined this site sometime last year and didn't really give it a go so I have decided this is it and I am going to try it 100%.

Today is my second day

I am looking forward to finding some new recipes and ideas

Kathryn

Hello!

Hello there :)
I'm Hannah, just rejoined SW last night, needing some support!
I lose weight quickly when I stick to plan, but then get too brave and try and do it myself, which inevitably fails because I always end up rejoining!
But this time it will be different!
I've got about 30lbs to lose, which sounds horrible :(
I live with my lovely boyfriend who eats like a horse, and as such probably isn't going to be much help with sticking to plan, but I intend to cook and eat what I make.
I look forward to getting to know some of you guys!
xx

Good luck fellow newbies!! I'm still full of motivation at the moment... wonder how long that will last!?? But I am determined to stick to it and finally get the weight off (and keep it off) :)

Hannahmou said:
Hello there :)
I'm Hannah, just rejoined SW last night, needing some support!
I lose weight quickly when I stick to plan, but then get too brave and try and do it myself, which inevitably fails because I always end up rejoining!
But this time it will be different!
I've got about 30lbs to lose, which sounds horrible :(
I live with my lovely boyfriend who eats like a horse, and as such probably isn't going to be much help with sticking to plan, but I intend to cook and eat what I make.
I look forward to getting to know some of you guys!
xx

Hi Hannah, i'm Cheryl and have exactly the same problem as you I also live with my boyfriend who eats whatever he wants and is in fact losing weight rather then gaining as I have since I moved in just under a year ago. I wish you lots of luck on your journey x

Hi, on my first week of the SW plan and have first weigh in on Thursday!! Have a lot of weight to lose so gona be here for a while :-( hoping to find lots of sweet recipe ideas to keep my chocoholic monster at bay :-D Kirsty.x

Hi there, I'm not new to the site but I am new to Slimming World. I was on Atkins before but, although I lost weight, I lacked the willpower to keep to the restrictions!
I noticed that there were loads of SW people on here, and then fortuitously met a bloke in a pub who had lost 8st in a year on SW so I thought I'd go along! Very nice people and hopefully I'll stick to this, what with actually meeting people/going along in real life!

Hi all
Like many on here been through a bit of a rough ride lately and comfort ate but now I'm trying to take control of my life back. Started with a drastic new hair cut on Saturday and joining slimming world on Thursday as I want to lose weight ready for my daughter's wedding in April which is taking place in Cuba, so beach body needed for our two week holiday there.
Good luck to everyone and fingers crossed we all succeed with our aims. :):):):):)

Hello everyone! :flowers:

I did SW a little while ago but went through hard times and quit, I'm doing the plan from home now and am going to save the £5 I would have spent on the group every week to treat myself every now and then.

I'm only 18 but I've been overweight my whole life! This might sound pathetic but i only just started dating so that should be motivation enough... ;)

I'm also really interested in the effects a decent diet can have on your mental health, if anyone has any stories about weight loss and clean eating improving your mood I would love to hear them.

Good luck everyone! I know we can do it! :bighug:

Hi everyone

Hi everyone just wanted to introduce myself. My name is leah andi joined slimming world 3 weeks ago after putting on quite a bit of weight during my pregnancy. My son was born on the 24th of October and I am still breast feeding him.
I have lost half a stone so far and my initial target is 2 stone.

Xx

Hi All!

I joined SW last night (God, I was petrified walking in on my own) but i did it :D My SW plan officially starts tomorrow as i needed some time to get my head around everything and to plan a few meals to start myself off with..stumbled on this site looking for recipes and meal ideas- think i'm going to love reading the diaries!

Im only 20yo but have a good 5/6 stone which i would like to loose, must get my profile info filled in tomorrow!

H'okay
I posted in here a couple of weeks ago when I was just about to rejoin at my local group, that didn't happen due to unforseen circumstances and I've been a booze swigging, junk food munching monster since.

I'm going back to rejoin in the morning for definite and although I'm terrified, I'm completely there now, totally in the zone and I'm going to do it this time.

Hi everyone :)
Well i started 2012 being ditched for being "fat and unattractive"...so what better revenge than to get myself sorted and show him what hes missing!
Im following slimming world at home, so any advice is much appreciated xxx

Well, I'm a newbie...not had my first weigh in yet!! Hope I'm doing it right...seem to be eating an awful lot of niceness!!

Well i started 2012 being ditched for being "fat and unattractive"...so what better revenge than to get myself sorted and show him what hes missing!

Oh no! What a rotter!
Get on it sweetheart and show him what a loser he is :)
Good luck! x

Oh no! What a rotter!
Get on it sweetheart and show him what a loser he is :)
Good luck! x

Thank you very much - i intend to!! Im following slimming world green, seems to be going well, but im worried as i seem to be eating nice food, and im wondering if im following it right? xxx

Hello,

I started 2 weeks ago, didnt come and say hello :/ Not sure why LOL.

I have lost 4.5lb so far and loving it. I feel sooo much better eating proper meals and fruit, veg & salad :)

Time to say goodbye to this 4st and be a new me!!

HI guys, I'm new too. After only 2 days I feel better for eating more fruit and veg on EE. And after a cheeky weigh in 2 lbs off too :) See if I can keep it up till weigh day on Tuesday. Good luck everyone

It sounds like you're well shot of him! Welcome.

HI guys, I'm new too. After only 2 days I feel better for eating more fruit and veg on EE. And after a cheeky weigh in 2 lbs off too :) See if I can keep it up till weigh day on Tuesday. Good luck everyone

Hello,

I started 2 weeks ago, didnt come and say hello :/ Not sure why LOL.

I have lost 4.5lb so far and loving it. I feel sooo much better eating proper meals and fruit, veg & salad :)

Time to say goodbye to this 4st and be a new me!!

Well done, both of you! :happy096::happy096:

Back